“Small, but very much worth your while. An experience not to be missed!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trekcetera Museum - CLOSED

Trekcetera Museum
Berlin, Germany
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Small, but very much worth your while. An experience not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We visited Vulcan expecting a fun afternoon of geeky tourism, but I really wasn't expecting much. I'd seen the Trekcetera museum's website before and was half prepared to see an enthusiast's personal collection in their own garage.

Then the museum blew me away.

First off I'll mention that the ticket price includes a guided tour - no matter if you arrive with a group or as a single person. You may have to wait for a few minutes - signed autographs and memorabilia in the entrance area will keep you entertained while you do.

The exhibition is small, but designed with a lot of love and attention to detail. All information is neatly presented in accessible and aesthetic ways. There is two larger rooms of Star Trek exhibits, one of which is an impressive gallery of original costumes throughout the different Star Trek series and movies, and a smaller room with props from other movies filmed in Alberta, such as Superman III, Brokeback Mountain and Titanic. I especially liked that the costumes were not behind glass, just a barrier.

The biggest selling point is the staff. The lady at the front counter / gift shop is super nice and engaging and kept us entertained until it was our "turn" to go in. The tour guide (also owner) of the place is quite the character - he had 100 fascinating little anecdotes for us. I should also mention that we were allowed to hold one of the movie props (a phaser from Star Trek: Nemesis) which is of course not common in this sort of exhibition or museum.

To be honest, after reading on the website that the museum has "a lot of Trek stuff, and also a table that was in Brokeback Mountain!" I thought - really? How is a table even a prop, and what does that have to do with anything? But the tour guide made even that fun and genuinely interesting.

The price of $12 per person (without any discounts) may seem slightly steep for the size of the museum (1-2 hours), but the guided tour was really worth it; secondly, the museum is fully licensed and the collection keeps growing, so the money is put to good use.

Whether trekkie or general movie buff: If you're in the general area, the town of Vulcan is well worth a visit, and don't miss out on this experience.

Visited July 2014

Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Entertaining and well done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

Enjoyed our visit, the guide was excellent and knowledgeable and funny, the exhibit was well done and very interesting! Loved it!

Visited June 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Trekcetera is Trektacular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

After first meeting Michael at the Calgary Comic Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo a couple years ago, I finally got to visit Trekcetera Museum for the first time today, a week in advanced of Spock Days (I wanted to see it before the hordes arrive next weekend).

If you are a Star Trek fan, you MUST visit Trekcetera! This museum is an absolute unique and special treasure, and Michael & Devan are fantastic hosts! Michael is a walking encyclopedia of Star Trek production details & knowledge, with a story about each and every item in the museum. I was lucky enough to catch them at a quiet time in the day, and so Michael gave me personalized tour of the museum. He starts with some amazing exhibits from Titanic, Superman, Thunderbirds, and Brokeback Mountain and then it's onto the main Trek gallery.

As we walked into the Trek gallery (complete with Star Trek door "swoosh" sound as you enter), I was instantly in awe! So many props, and costumes from the show, and Michael knew the details of every single one, along with great stories from the actors who wore them too.

I can't wait to go back again next weekend during Spock Days! I'm sure it'll be a very different experience with hordes of Trek fans swarming the place.

Thank you so much Michael & Devan! I can't wait to visit again!

Visited June 2014
Inuvik, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Small but interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Any movie buff or trekkie will love this place but even if you aren't either it's an interesting stop. We got a guided tour with lots of tidbits, there has been lots of effort and love put into this place. Well worth the stop!

Visited May 2014
“Amazing place to visit even if you're not a Trekkie.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

This place is a little bit hole in the wall, but so worth it. The curator makes the experience that much more with his tour and tidbits. Friendly and knowledgeable, recommending to everyone.

Visited May 2014