All reviews private beach salt water open to the public pool side mt vesuvio great pool large pool walking distance overlooking the sea clean rooms nice hotel train station benjamin classes gym capri rome
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2019

I booked a Epitourian Destination via Groupon. This was my first time doing so, I was unsure what to expect. Well, I can say that none of us were disappointed. Knowing that Naples and surrounding area were going to be unpleasing to the eye, Naples as a city appears to be extremly filthy with the most garbage and graffiti I have ever seen in a city. Makes NYC look well kept. With that said the people, food and hotel were wonderful.

The hotel was nice and clean. Our bathroom looked to have been newly renovated. There are multiple pools for guests (salt water) including a heated indoor pool. They appear to be the location for local swimming club.

The cooking classes were wonderful. The interpreter was adorable and very sweet. There are 3 chefs that lead the classes for the week and the pastry chef was most animated and you can tell he loves what he does, he was always smiling. We've already have made the potato croquets since we've been home and also now own a gnocchi board. Im going to attempt to make Frollo or cream puffs for a gathering next week. So the recipes they have provided are doable when you get home.

In between cooking Benjamin, who runs the show, had a full week planned. We had a tour of Pompeii, Mt Vesuvio, Capri, Naples and also some free time. Benjamin has a great sense of humor and is very accommodating. Our only complaint was that we had felt rushed with some of the tours and we let Benjamin know this and he was gracious in sharing that information with the guides he had set up. We would have like more leisurely time in Pompeii to take pictures. Also in Capri, I recommend the boat tour around the island however felt rushed with the guide going to Capri and Anacapri. We could have done the boat tour around the island then had free time to take the tram to the Piazza at the top of Capri to do some poking around and just enjoying people watching. Our tour through Naples was more relaxed and was great walking through the streets taking pictures and shopping. Our free time Benjamin arranged a taxi to and from the train station and gave us instructions to get to Sorrento which was very easy to do. We stayed an extra day at the hotel and decided to make that a relaxing day by the pool which was nice. We got lunch poolside.

Be prepared to eat!!! Sit down meals are about 2 hours or so. We were fortunate to have lovely people that we met in the tour, which made it more enjoyable.

Room tip: All rooms have a view of the water. 3rd floor is the "main floor"
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Mcellamot
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We had 2 rooms for 4 nights in April, the reception and breakfast staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. We had a minor problem with one room which was sorted quickly.

The rooms are comfortable and clean and there is a good supply of towels and toiletries. We were on 1st floor and had a small balcony which was nice to get some fresh air and watch the sea.

Breakfast was excellent lots of little pastries and wonderful coffee. Service at breakfast was friendly and attentive with a nice greeting every morning.

We had dinner in the restaurant one evening, the food was very good but the service wasn’t great - some tables got bread, some didn’t, not all meals arrived at once, people who arrived earlier had their order taken later etc - maybe understaffed or maybe not keen on customers?

Reception staff were very helpful and looked after us very well.

The town of Ercalano is sadly rather rundown and dirty. I had hoped to enjoy nice walks from the hotel but there’s a lot of rubbish and dog poo around.

I’m not sure I would say this was a 4 star hotel, it needs some repairs, broken chairs, toilets lose from the wall which allows a mouse to visit in search of food etc. room 107 is right next to the gym with music until 10.30pm. However the staff are great and it’s a short walk to the ruins, it has a good cookery school and lovely views of the ocean.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank PJJBDVLJ
Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

My sisters daughter and I just came back from our visit at this beautiful hotel. I can not say enough about our time there. From the excellent staff to the cleanliness of the hotel. Benjamin was fantastic as was all the wait staff chefs and the desk help. They made us feel like family. Food was superb. Everyone went above and beyond our expectations.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019

The staff is amazing and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. We have eaten at your restaurant and it has been fantastic: high quality food.

We would like to come back, as soon as possible for sure!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

The workers here are wonderful. They were without exception some of the nicest, most sincere people I've ever met. The rooms are average, the pools are great (saltwater) and the restaurant is exceptional. My only complaint is hard to access WiFi and once you do reach it, hard to stay connected. Extraordinary views of Bay of Napoli, Mt Vesuvio and walking distance to ancient Ercolano. Try the mussels. They are farmed within view of hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018