Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very friendly quirky service with fabulouse food authentic italian at its best. We all enjoyed our meal

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (222)

Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

The first time TripAdvisor has led me astray, so maybe the kitchen just had an off night. This is handily near to the train station on a main junction. We sat outside with a welcome fan given the outside heat! The waitress was good and the menus had English translations.
The caprese salad to start with had a lot of water underneath it and the mozzarella was disappointingly tasteless.
Watch out on the mains - you only get what you see on the menu i.e. no veg/chips etc with it. I ordered sirloin with peppers, cooked medium, and was expecting a mix of red/green/yellow peppers. It was actually peppercorn sauce. The meat was well done not medium. I’d probably just have eaten it but the steak was very tough and the sauce had split. I sent it back and got a bolognaise instead since I figured they probably couldn’t go too far wrong with that. Ok but again fairly tasteless.
Portions were generous but it didn’t feel like good value. Poor experience overall.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank MissAnneJ
Reviewed August 5, 2019

After finishing the visit of the ruins of Herculaneum NA, we found this restaurante and looked up for the trip advisor review that were super positive so we decided to try it out and we were not disappointed.

The pasta bolognese was delicious as the one with tomatoes and aubergine. Pizzas were also good andthey had airco.

The only negative is that they did.not take AMEX even though it was mentioned at the entrance that they did.

Beside that, we recommend this restaurant 100%

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 30, 2019

We had the best lunch ever at La Fornacella. My seafood pasta, which was gluten free, was the BEST I've had in all of Italy. The mussels and clams were extremely fresh, the pasta was coated with the most savory sauce ever. My husband was extremely happy with his spaghetti alle vongole. My daughter loved her Bolognese sauce. The restaurant is run by a lovely couple, Rita and Tabio, who are attentive to your every need. Our waiter was wonderful. We had a phenomenal experience. There were a lot of locals at this restaurant, and this is always a wonderful sign for me that the cuisine is authentic.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed April 19, 2019

We were recommended this place by our guide and the food was exactly what we wanted having got off the train from Naples. Two nice pizzas and some delicious pasta fortified us. Service was cursory though - they had a big school party in and plenty of other diners and weren't trading on their charm - however it was quick. I'd go again.

Date of visit: April 2019