“Mmhhh it s so nice and not only, It s great for my senses”
Review of Tubba Catubba

Tubba Catubba
Ranked #4 of 112 Restaurants in Ercolano
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Mmhhh it s so nice and not only, It s great for my senses”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Just now i live in other country for to work ,but When I came back in ercolano tubba catubba is a must! for me appears to be the best restaurant in Herculaneum and not just say! fresh and genuine products on top!!I could say many things on the menu .. but recommend you should try everything!and the prize are nt expansive!!!
with a wide selection of wines .. special thanks Maria
Rosaria and Fabio really nice. I hope to return soon,very soon...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Nellothetraveller

“A nice eatery in a dodgy area”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We were the only people there midweek, but it deserved more! Food was tasty and filling! Pasta better than the meat main course, but quite full by then anyway. Location was in a less than salubrious area, mind where you walk!

Boston, MA
“Family run - good value”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was looking for another restaurant when I came across this one. Actually, an elderly gentleman minding a baby called our attention to Tubba Catubba and at first I was wary. Travelling many times to Italy over the years, I have become somewhat cautious of babies as diversions (a clever gypsy trick) and I don't like being corralled into restaurants as some proprietors do in Rome. But certainly this old guy was no Roma and I was hungry. He was so glad I reconsidered and so was I. This restaurant is within easy walking distance from the exit gate of Hurculaneum -- just take a right and it's on a corner about three (?) blocks up. Most visitors to Hurculaneum are hungry after seeing the ruins and will ordinarily choose a conveniently located restaurant on the way back to the train station. Taking that right instead to Tubba Catubba will reward your efforts with delicious, simply cooked Neapolitan food. The style of cooking here -- often called cucina povera (poor man's cooking) or casarechhia (homestyle) or casalinga (mom's cooking) -- is my favorite because it is based on the simplest and freshest ingredients that are in season. This is the way Italy eats. Doesn't it makes sense to do what the locals do? You won't be missing anything in flavor. One dish served as a first course was pasta and potatoes. It was more like a thick soup. I was amazed at how such a mundane sounding dish could be so enjoyable. Our delight with all we ate brought out the whole family from the kitchen. We had a nice talk about food (nonna even shared the pasta recipe!!) and our Italian ancestry. They couldn't have been more hospitable. This was just the fuel we needed for a pleasant walk back to the train station after such a wonderful day exploring ancient and contemporary Italian culture (and cuisine). Oh, by the way the name of the restaurant has something to do with an insturment played in the old days when locals would dance the tarrantella.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank whidden39
Cork, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Service very good, very delicate food and quite cheap: EUR 65 for two (with starters, primi, main courses, desserts, wine & service!!!)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Nooblade
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“what a wonderful dinner!!!”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

a restaurant located next to the ruins of Herculaneum ... a truly welcoming place where even foreigners can feel at home ... hospitality, welcome and good food are the key words to describe this place! the food is fresh, typical of the Mediterranean, and genuine products of excellent quality, the location is really nice, with a typical Neapolitan decor is very clean and above all .... I came by chance but for sure we would return. I highly recommend it! thanks to the owners for their kindness and unavailability.

• Visited June 2012