“Great improvements & Pub food”

Thetis Island Marina
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The pub and marina have really spruced up this past year up and the service is cheerful. After ups and downs of the previous years I think they have it right this time. The burgers are fantastic with home cut fries. The new chef has really made some great improvements to the menu
Pulled pork taco salad and the Fish Tacos are the best you've ever tasted North of the Border.
The docks have improved and the pavilion area is clean and ready for rendezvous.
I have been coming here for over 20 years and can honestly say this is the best it's been

Reviewed December 9, 2012

They coffee shop is rustic and newly renovated, the Ice Cream is a wonderful treat. The Marina is great to wander and the meadow is great to picnic on. The owners are very nice. And the whole place is magical. Gas for the boat is there is you are a boater and be sure and take a stroll around the area. Walk up to the cut which is a very small waterway for boats to travel in between the two Islands

1  Thank creeksidebnb
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stop here every year and get a burger and a beer. It has a nice deck and beautiful scenery. It is a typical pub, not a gourmet restaurant. Don’t expect a decent meal unless you order fish & chips or a burger. I agree with another reviewer, the appetizers are not appetizing. The dock is a complete dump, we always anchor. It is easy to get a good hook, and almost no current. Watch you depth!

1  Thank gregars
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Read all of the reviews of the horrible food and service at this pub, but the owners of our B&B (Curfa Cliff B&B) told us there was a new chef and other guests had enjoyed meals here. So on a hot August afternoon we stopped for lunch and what a pleasant surprise! Excellent service from our server (far from her home in Australia) and we enjoyed crab cakes with onion rings and a caeser salad with calamari. Remember you are in a pub and not a fine dining room, but still the crab cakes with a red pepper jelly were very good, the onion rings very crispy, the caeser salad strongly flavored with lots of garlic and the calamari lightly battered and served with a tasty tzatziki.

The bad reviews may have been accurate but currently this place serves good food in a very attractive setting - give it a try and I hope they continue to do as well.

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Thetis Island anchorage is beautiful but the marina is a mess. Apparently the marina is under new management and improvements have been made. - they still have a long way to go.
We went there because the other marina was full and there was plenty of dock space available the this marina so we gave it try. There were a lot of derict boats tied up at this marina and I should of taken this as an omen. The docks are a mess ( watch where you step) when you check in you have to walk though the smoking area which seems to attract some pretty unsavoury looking folks...( I am told they are the locals) The showers were absolutly disgusting - There was a problem with the hot water and I used up all my coins before I could get the temperature right. When I asked to talk to the manager I was dircted to the smoke pit where I spoke to her and she seemed to be aware of the shower problem and said they were working on it. She did not seem to care much but was irked me was she actully blew smoke in my face as she talked to me. When I went to look for a wheel barrow to load some supplies there was only one with a flat tire and a broken axel. Pretty much a derelict.
Save yourself some money and anchor out.

5  Thank love2sailhere

Been to Thetis Island Marina? Share your experiences!