“A Great Place to Stay”

The Neighbourhood Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Bonnyville
“A Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I spent a great weekend at the INN. The staff were extremely friendly and very accommodating to all our requests. The room was very clean and quiet. The Inn restaurant had a great menu. The complimentary breakfast was more a feast than a meal. The pub was fun with affordable drinks and a funny karaoke time slot in the evening. The Hotel is also close to the waterfront trail system in Bonnyville which is a great spot to do birding or just go for a relaxing walk. We will definitely go back when we can.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are especially quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard W, General Manager at The Neighbourhood Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. We continuly strive to be the best full service hotel in the area and all feedback is very important to us. Have a great summer and I hope you can visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Neighbourhood Inn may not be the best looking hotel, but its staff are outstanding! My experience with Richard, the manager, and the service staff who took care of all my needs, was fantastic. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure my guests felt cared for. I would absolutely return for another seminar, and presumably I will.

Plus the rooms are clean and the breakfast is great AND free. How can anyone complain?

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your comments Cody. It was a pleasure hosting you and your group at the hotel and I look forward to assisting you in the future.
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have been staying at the Neighbourhood Inn on a weekly basis since April and have enjoyed our stay each times. The rooms are in great shape, matresses firm and comfy and the 42 inch tv is a nice touch. The front staff desk are always smiling, helpful and yet display a professional attitude. At the end of a long day, we look forward to coming to the Inn's pub for good food and a relaxing atmosphere. Thanks to Sarah Lynn and the rest of the pub staff.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place smells like rotten eggs and sewer. I stay here for work at least for 20 days out of the month and i have to plug my bath tub so the stench does not envelop my room. When you go into the bar it just smells like rotten eggs.
In the morning when I pick up my bagged lunch in the morning the front desk staff do not say anything to me the just give me blank looks. They are so un-friendly and rude when you ask them a question. I dont like staying here but this is where the company puts us. I do not reccomend anyone to stay here!

Room Tip: Stay where it smells fresh and clean
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton
Reviewed February 1, 2013

A very tired hotel. Used by oilfield and truck drivers. It is clean. It is very quiet. But if you are looking for style this is not the place for you. It is very expensive considering you could stay at nicer hotels in town for the same price. If you stay at the express building expect nothing. It is also clean and quiet but that is it. The breakfast included in your room rate is gross.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cranbrook, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My stay at the Neighbourhood Inn in Bonnyville Alberta was absolutely terrible. My month long stay at the Neighbourhood Inn included choking on bones in soup Two separate times, salad bowls half full of water, "prime beef was as hard as rock", and lack of flavor to all other meals I have eaten in the in hotel restaurant soups , continually being locked out of my room (faulty room keys numerous occasions causing me to walk from separate express location to main building on a complete separate location in -20 temps) lack of communication when breakfast/restaurant times were changes resulting in missed meals and then being charged for "free breakfast included with hotel charge" (their reasoning the free breakfast ended at 10am but I was there at 1015am not knowing the times were changed yet again. I was eating the same buffet only 15minutes colder and(french toast was like cardboard and sausage looked as though it was a week old). All this followed by and very rude hotel manager when approached about the breakfast charge has resulted in me checking out when I was supposed to be booked in for another 20 days. That's 20 days of hotel fees the company is losing because of terrible service. The only positive part of my stay was how friendly the housekeeping manager was and the kind breakfast attendant in the express building. The breakfasts were unhealthy and poor quality but his friendly spirit kept me coming back in hope quality of food would improve.
To wrap this up, I have never been to a hotel that the manager and front end staff treats their customers so poorly and thus I never plan to go back to the Neighbourhood Inn or would recomend it to anyone.
Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere when staying in Bonnyville.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Rob P
Richard W, General Manager at The Neighbourhood Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences at our hotel. I apologise for not meeting all of your expectations. We did have some technical issues with key cards not working properly at our Express Building, and since you brought that issue to our attention, I believe we have rectified that very inconvenient problem. Customer service and quality product is what we strive for on a daily basis, and we will continue to make improvements in all areas. I will be happy to pass along your positive feedback to the employees that you mentioned, and I will use your negative feedback to implement customer service and product quality improvements.
Eureka, Montana
Reviewed September 30, 2012

One nite stay on business in the area. You check in at the main hotel and the express section is one block east. Arrived late at nite. Staff plesant and very accomodating. The rooms are clean with good a/c heat unit. Also good bed and linnens. Towels plentyful and of good quality. Flat screen TV and cable and internet worked well. Ceramic tile and carpet in rooms. The breakfast room opened at 0530 am and they had bacon scrambled eggs and pancakes. All in good supply,.Also cold cereal and toast availabe and fruit and yogurt. In the main section the restaurant opens at 530 as well. They also have an onsite pub at nite if u dont dare drink and drive!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business