“We really enjoyed”

Dining options: Reservations
Aberdare, United Kingdom
“We really enjoyed”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

As a last minute choice myself and the wife decided to go out for Sunday lunch and were heading towards the local spoons when we saw the advertising board outside Peppers and decided to give it a try. Ad I'm glad we did, we had an excellent dinner and plenty of it.
I cannot understand where the reviews of ignorant staff come from as we had excellent service.

We will definitely be visiting here again as it was a refreshing change to have somewhere cosy and personal to go for a nice meal, coffee and desert excellent too.

If I was you I'd give this place a try before listening to others on here

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank 1Steve_bach

Perth, Australia
“Good food but overpriced for Aberdare”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

And I concur with another reviewer that the girls who work have a terrible attitude problem. They look down their noses at you, when in reality they work in a cafe in Aberdare.

Food is pretty good in all fairness, and decent portion sizes.

Atmosphere is pretty cosy and the coffee is good but everything here is a good 10% or more than anywhere else in Aberdare.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank dlangd0n
“Fabulous place to go!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I came here for food with my family over Xmas an had an amazing evening meal, top standard and pipin hot, we then can again a few times after this and had breakfasts baguettes and other things an all were out of this world, the breakfast was the best I've had and proper butchers sausages (which is rare these days) an the best coffe I've had in aberdare, I was informed it is a new blend an can even have syrups in them too!! The only place in town to offer this! Will def come again an highly recommend this place

2 Thank Caitlinwhitlock
wales uk
“AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I ate at this establishment a few years ago and was so impressed, that I returned on my next visit. OH MY GOD - WHAT A DIFFERENCE.......I ordered a breakfast for myself and a bacon sandwich for my granddaughter. When it finally arrived, I could not believe my eyes at the smallest brelakfast in the world, all of which was totally appalling. Microwaved sausage and bacon that were so hard I physically could not cut through, cold beans, cold toast, a solid egg topped with some round balls of potatoes. My grandaughetrs bacon sandwich consisted of stale bread (very stale bread!) and 2 tiny microwaved pieces of bacon, again so hard that she would have hurt her mouth trying to eat it.
I called the manageress over and asked her what she thought of it all. She was deeply shocked and said that the chef was new that morning and apologised profusely. But, even though she did not charge me for any of it (obviously, as not one item had been touched), I did think that she should not have allowed food of this standard to leave the kitchen. I left without eating anything.
On my journey home, a fellow passenger had a similar story and said that the restaurant had changed hands and standards have dropped.
However, I do believe that this is a lovely place to go just for a tea or coffee ( the place was packed with older ladies all drinking tea), but STAY WELL AWAY if you are hungry.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank christina41powell
“Pure filth”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Ive lived in aberdare since i was a toddler...my mum used to take me to peppers every sat for dinner...its was lovely infact i wouldnt eat anywhere else. i havent been there for a few years so decided to go there with my boyfriend..clearly the staff have changed.young rude girls and the food was awful. nothing like it used to be at all.. table clothes were stained and the food presentation looked terrible. Il never eat there again... They need to hire a new cook n train staff ...

6 Thank meganluke