“AVOID AT ALL COSTS !!!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I ate at this establishment a few years ago and was so impressed, that I returned on my next visit. OH MY GOD - WHAT A DIFFERENCE.......I ordered a breakfast for myself and a bacon sandwich for my granddaughter. When it finally arrived, I could not believe my eyes at the smallest brelakfast in the world, all of which was totally appalling. Microwaved sausage and bacon that were so hard I physically could not cut through, cold beans, cold toast, a solid egg topped with some round balls of potatoes. My grandaughetrs bacon sandwich consisted of stale bread (very stale bread!) and 2 tiny microwaved pieces of bacon, again so hard that she would have hurt her mouth trying to eat it.
I called the manageress over and asked her what she thought of it all. She was deeply shocked and said that the chef was new that morning and apologised profusely. But, even though she did not charge me for any of it (obviously, as not one item had been touched), I did think that she should not have allowed food of this standard to leave the kitchen. I left without eating anything.
On my journey home, a fellow passenger had a similar story and said that the restaurant had changed hands and standards have dropped.
However, I do believe that this is a lovely place to go just for a tea or coffee ( the place was packed with older ladies all drinking tea), but STAY WELL AWAY if you are hungry.

4  Thank christina41powell

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Ive lived in aberdare since i was a toddler...my mum used to take me to peppers every sat for dinner...its was lovely infact i wouldnt eat anywhere else. i havent been there for a few years so decided to go there with my boyfriend..clearly the staff have changed.young rude girls and the food was awful. nothing like it used to be at all.. table clothes were stained and the food presentation looked terrible. Il never eat there again... They need to hire a new cook n train staff ...

6  Thank meganluke
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Always a well come here ,small and quant ,best coffee in town.and the propriotr is lovely and always gives a great welcome to her customers.keep up the good work.

1  Thank Mike1935
Reviewed December 11, 2011

A lovely, clean restaurant with a homely atmosphere. Small and quirky, this little resaurant has a great traditional menu and the food is of a really hight standard. Puddings too are all home made - wimberry tart included - amazing!

2  Thank ThatsGorgeous
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Not a very nice place to eat. Overpriced, very old fashioned with dirty tablecloths. I won't go there again.

10  Thank Loveatrip7