“Very nice portions”

The Corner House
Ranked #35 of 49 Restaurants in Aberdare
Cuisines: British
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Eaten twice in october at this establishment. Service and food has been brilliant both times. First time I had the fillet steak it was cooked to perfection. The second time I ate a black bull special burger down in the bar, very mouth watering. It's not yhe cheapest place around, but I would say you can guarantee value in that they cook it right so no gamble imagine paying somewhere 20% cheaper but the steak is hit and miss, kind of takes the value out of it. The portions are also very good

Reviewed September 7, 2013

great place and nice restaurant. shame about the clientèle (yobs/chavs) and staff (same). could be a nice place.

2  Thank jean r
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Had the most delicious steak at this restaurant. Cooked perfectly. Just fab. Hubby and I both enjoyed.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

What a lovely meal out... I had the butterfly chicken and it was gorgeous, lovely ans succulent, all the staff were very nice and kind. Lovely atmosphere. Will be coming back!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We ate Sunday lunch at this restaurant when they first started doing meals and it was very nice, so we decided to go back for lunch today. What a disappointment!
The waitress seated us and told us the starter was vegetable soup and the meat was pork or beef, all this was said in a rush whilst she was turning to walk away, I had to call her back to ask for drinks.
We decided on just dinners as there was no other choice of starter except soup. The food arrived quickly but we were very disappointed. Two small slices of dry pork for me and two small slices of cold beef for my husband (with an abysmal yorkie) , each with two frozen roasties and two new potatoes. The veg came and not a lot of it. There was broccoli and cauliflower covered in cheese sauce, with the carrots in the same dish, so they ended up cheesy (not great for a non cheese eater like myself), The other dish had a few peas, some cabbage and an unidentifiable vegetable mash. Thin tasteless gravy completed the offering.
We will not be back again, which is a shame as the first time was so good.

1  Thank 53zelda