“Would never go again!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Went last weekend, restaurant was freezing. Took ages for the staff to take our drinks order. A member of our party asked for Strongbow - it was unreal to see the waiter going to the shop a few doors down to get cans and then for the restaurant to sell it to us at an extortionate price. Same with the orange juice which was poured out of a carton from Asda! The service was terrible - we waited ages for our food. Chicken was very dry and the enchiladas looked like something thrown together. Waitress kept calling everyone 'babes' which was annoying. Food average and definitely overpriced and I don't appreciate paying extortionate prices for drinks that weren't even chilled properly. Will I recommend this place - nope, never! Complete rip-off.

3  Thank Michelle E

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This was my first visit to Helen's and it was a family celebration. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. The menu had a nice selection of meals and we all ordered something different and nobody was disappointed with their meal. The service was prompt , the meals arrived on the table hot and well presented and they were very tasty ( I had the sea bass and this was fab). We tried dishes from the staters , main and desert section and they were all very nice and very good portion size. If I had to be negative then it would be the limited choice on the desert list and that payment is cash only - no cards.

Would go again and would try the Sunday lunch next time.

1  Thank Annie292014
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My mother telephone booked for myself, 2 sons, her, my aunty, cousin and nan to have a meal here xmas eve. An annual thing we do to celebrate my grandpas memory. When we arrived it was all locked up, closed. No note or phone call. A very big disappointment.

3  Thank hannah t
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have been here a number of times and I have never been disappointed. The food is lovely, the prices realistic, and the service is friendly and well organised. It's great to see a restaurant in town, far nicer than your corporate Wetherspoons experience, the food is far more exciting and tasty. Cracking place!

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Drinks very expensive. Meal average for the price. Entertainment very poor. Definitely wont be returning