“Lovely lunch, but not long enough”
Review of Palmers Restaurant - CLOSED

Palmers Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2015

Delicious lunch; my starter could not be improved upon in any way. In fact it was so scrumptious that I could have eaten it all over again and not had a main course. Everyone seemed very pleased with their food choices, there was much mmm-ing and ahhhh-ing and sharing tasting each other's dishes.

The only niggle is the lunch opening hours. They get a bit edgy at about 2.15pm and by 2.30 you're getting hard looks. By 2.45 we were back out on the street, having only been there for about 90 minutes. If I'd realised that lunch service starts at 12 noon and 1pm is "late", we'd have arrived earlier!

But yes, would return if in the area again.

1  Thank StripedShirt
FairmindUK, Owner at Palmers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2015

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are delighted you enjoyed your lunch so much.
I'm sorry our opening hours caused a "niggle" but as my wife and I run the restaurant pretty much on our own and we do not live on the premises, we don't think it unreasonable that at some point in the day we need to take some sustenance ourselves.
As our working day starts at 7.00am and usually takes us through until midnight, the most sensible time to have a break seems to us to be between 3.00pm and 5.00pm.

I might just mention, so as not to deter other reader from visiting at lunchtimes, lest we become "edgy" there is a possibility your watch is not especially accurate.
As I mentioned we do indeed close in the afternoons, but we don't actually scurry people out of the door...I notice from the credit card slip that your bill was paid at 14.55, and we gave you ample time to finish your coffees etc. In actual fact you weren't "out on the street" until 15.35 (we have a call diversion service that I set at that time) so that's around two and a half hours...

Once again we are pleased you enjoyed your lunch, and hope that you will indeed visit again if you find yourselves in the area.

Best regards, Pat Palmer.

Reviewed July 25, 2015 via mobile

Have been going here for a few years now and still love going.... Even if the menu doesn't change dramatically at least I know it will be decent food and cooked well...always recommend to friends and family!!

1  Thank Victoriamews
Reviewed July 21, 2015

Four of us enjoyed a great lunch here. The restaurant is light and welcoming. The husband and wife team are doing a great job and are lovely people.

A great selection of fresh seafood dishes and they also serve good quality steaks cooked exactly as requested.

I enjoyed scallops followed by a great paella that was very authentic tasting.

1  Thank Trufflejames
Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

A group of 8 of us came in to dine at 7pm on thursday evening for my parents 20th wedding anniversairy. It was faultless! Its a very small bistro/restaurant which enabled the staff to be even more attentive than most places. The scallops were so tender and flavoursome! I had the chicken dish for my main and it was delicious, I also tried some of my mums pork belly which too was delightful. Puddings really put the cherry ontop of the cake my Creme brulee was perfect, I would of loved to of tried the orange and chocolate bread and butter pudding however I was so full I couldnt manage anything else! The service was fantastic, the cocktails also worth a try. The menu is pricey but given the high quality of food it is more than worth it! I would reccomend Palmers to everybody. Thankyou!

1  Thank Paige H
Reviewed June 3, 2015

The staff here are amazing. So friendly and helpful and definitely interested in making their guests comfortable. The food was cooked just to perfection and there were some unusual twists to the menu. Nothing to fault at all and will definitely return.

1  Thank JohnUK