We did the Torres del Paine Circuit in December 2013 guided by Roberto Carlos and assisted by Christian Barra, both of whom were very professional in their approach and with safety always in mind. This was a tough trek and should be attempted by people in a good state of physical fitness and discipline of mind. This was much harder than we expected having previously completed Kala Pattar & Gokyo Ri in the Everest area and Annapurna Circuit - Nepal and also Mt Kilimanjaro in Tanzania - all of which had their varying degree of difficulty. However, not as difficult as the Circuit. Special thanks to Christian the assistant guide who was always there to support us and who showed great compassion and understanding of our situation.
Ecocamp - we found the staff to be courteous, friendly and always prepared to assist with any requests. The food was plentiful and of good quality and a good range of fillings for sandwiches for ones lunchbox when going on a trek. The facilities were clean and tidy, plenty of hot water for showers with soap, shampoo and conditioner provided even when camping.
We got to know Rene the on-site camp Manager who we found to be accommodating and always concerned about the welfare of the people staying at the camp. Rene is a great ambassador for the company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EcoCamp is situated in the very heart of Torres del Paine National Park and provides the region’s first fully sustainable accommodation, complete with green technology. You enjoy guided treks and wildlife excursions by day and share evening meals with new friends, before falling asleep gazing up at the star-filled sky through your dome ceiling. Wake up in the middle of the Patagonian wilderness in a cozy geodesic dome, with a panoramic view of the majestic Torres del Paine, ready to pick up the hiking trail!EcoCamp Patagonia is a tribute to Kaweskar dwellings and way of life. The basic premise in designing the EcoCamp was to maintain the nomadic spirit of Patagonia’s ancient inhabitants. EcoCamp Patagonia is the 1st sustainable accommodation south of the Amazon, and the only one of its kind in Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ecocamp Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecocamp Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Ecocamp Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile