Ecocamp was a fantastic place to spend our honeymoon and to explore Torres del Paine. We stayed in a superior dome so had our own onsuite bathroom and the dome was really warm and comfortable. The quality of the food was great and the 5 day W trek was an amazing experience. Our guide Xabi was incredibly knowledgeable about the park and had a real passion for the area which was infectious. I would recommend Ecocamp as a better value option for those thinking of going to Torres Del Paine as some of the other hotels are really over priced and at Ecocamp you feel more like you are actually in the landscape.
One minor point for Ecocamp though would be an issue with cash when visiting the camp when travelling from Argentina. We ended up with no Chilean pesos as staff forgot to take us to an ATM so maybe they need to be a little more aware that if someone is travelling into Chile from elsewhere it is helpful to be able to get to an ATM so when at the camp you can pay for drinks in the bar and tips for the guides etc..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EcoCamp is situated in the very heart of Torres del Paine National Park and provides the region’s first fully sustainable accommodation, complete with green technology. You enjoy guided treks and wildlife excursions by day and share evening meals with new friends, before falling asleep gazing up at the star-filled sky through your dome ceiling. Wake up in the middle of the Patagonian wilderness in a cozy geodesic dome, with a panoramic view of the majestic Torres del Paine, ready to pick up the hiking trail!EcoCamp Patagonia is a tribute to Kaweskar dwellings and way of life. The basic premise in designing the EcoCamp was to maintain the nomadic spirit of Patagonia’s ancient inhabitants. EcoCamp Patagonia is the 1st sustainable accommodation south of the Amazon, and the only one of its kind in Patagonia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Ecocamp Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ecocamp Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Ecocamp Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile