My husband and I stayed here for three nights while we were exploring the park. I had done a fair amount of research and we opted for one of the efficiency cabins on site. My expectations were not high but it suited us. FIrst it is a great location for the price. We paid $150 per night and since we could cook our own food, not only did we eat better but it was much cheaper. It is about 5 minutes from the south entrance to the park. Right now the road is closed from Puerto Natales so you have to enter from the other side of the park but we were aware of this, and the gas situation, so we bought a plastic jerry can in Punta Arenas and had extra gas. We probably didn't need it. We didn't have much interaction with the staff except when we went to the lobby to use the internet since we had no signal at our cabin. We arrived really early but they let us use a cabin to change and store our food until we could officially check in.
So our cabin had a small kitchen with a large fridge, and 4 burner small gas stove. It had enough pots and kitchen things for us to cook with. It was old but was relatively clean for its age. It had two bedrooms with 2 single beds in each. They were comfortable but we were tired from all the hiking. The bathroom wasn't wonderful but the toilet worked and the shower was fairly new. At first the cabin was cold and the water was lukewarm but my husband bumped up the water heater temperature and we had nice hot water and that helped keep the cabin warmer since it was heated that way. It would not pass any insulation tests and you could see gaps in wood on the front door and there were drafts. One of the windows leaked a bit when we had a huge storm with tons of wind and rain but all in all it was as we expected.
The view is amazing from every window and we were not there to hang out in the cabin. Its not cheap but nothing is in the park which is fair enough. I am not sure I would have wanted to stay in the hotel proper but we were satisfied with our cabin for what we wanted. Torres del Paine is amazing and that was the purpose for the trip!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodging service in Ccabins for four and six people, Cabins with two and one bathroom, parking for vehicles available . Service Availability: all the year ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Lago Tyndall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lago Tyndall Hosteria Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Hotel Lago Tyndall Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile