We stayed at Paine Grande for one night and it was a bad overall experience.
The room was small and there were no lockers in the rooms. Showers were at times cold.
The staff is not service-minded and communication from booking to staff is non-existing. Before making the booking we asked via email if the lodge could cater for two vegans which they said they could. When we arrived we were given an OK dinner (salad, rice, vegetables) but although having paid the same prize as everybody else, no vegan soup had been provided. After complaining we at least got a dessert (a small bowl of tinned fruit).
Breakfast the next morning was even worse. Regular breakfast would have included toast, cheese, ham, eggs, jam, sugar-loaden juice, corn flakes and they wanted to give us toast and jam. This is simply not enough if you plan to go hiking on that day and it's not healthy either. Even non-vegetarians complained to me about the gross breakfast at Paine Grande. After complaining again (something which is not what I want to do when on a vacation, especially not at that prize and with asking in advance) we were given leafs of lettuce, zucchini, tomatoes and tinned fruit.
The lunchbox was white bread with lettuce and tomatoes, fruit juice, nuts, nut bar (not vegan again).
Of all 5 lodges we stayed at during our hikes Paine Grande was by far the worst. Even as non-vegans/vegetarians I advise all hikers to bring your own food into the park as the food provided by the lodges is inedible at most times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shores of Lake Pehoe, Shelter Paine Grande features an amazing view over the mountains. It is the starting point for the hiking trail towards Glacier Grey, French Valley and it is part of the W Trail. The only way to get to Paine Grande is navigating accross the lake or hiking the trails. It features shared bedrooms (only bunk beds) uo to 100 guests. Restrooms features hot water showers with a push-button system to save water. Paine Grande features a cafeteria (daily fixed menus), a minimarket (groceries and souvenirs) and a bar overlooking the lake and mountains. Important: The shelter does not feature a central heating system. Only 2 resting areas feature wooden stoves (only for guests). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Vertice Paine Grande Mountain Shelter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paine Grande Mountain Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Vertice Paine Grande Mountain Shelter Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile