It's a beautiful hotel in a stunning location. It's expensive ($645/£390 for 3 nights B&B double room) but you are paying for one of the few hotels located within the boundaries if the national park.
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, although ours was located at the back of the hotel and was extremely hot; we had to prop the door into the public corridor open and open all the windows. There is no aircon.
There is a buffet style breakfast with an excellent choice of food. The evening meal in the restaurant is quite expensive although there are cheaper options in the bar.
They offer a wide range of activities and tours, but not all of them are available every day. We chose to do the full day tour of the park which is a great way of seeing all the main sites in a limited time. The driver and guide were excellent as was the lunch. Highly recommended.
The hotel advertises fast Internet and wifi throughout. This Is really stretching marketing, as the wifi in the rooms was extremely slow and unreliable, and the Internet in the reception area frequently crashed. This may be understandable due to the area, but the hotel should not advertise the Internet/wifi in the way it does. Honesty is the best policy.
It crashed while we were in the middle of a payment for our onward travel and we asked reception if they would ring the hotel to check the payment. The young man refused to do so despite several requests for help. We thought this was extremely poor customer service. When we complained at checkout, the manager tried to say that the phone lines had been down. This was clearly an excuse, as all phones were working and no one mentioned it at the time. We have never had the Reception refuse to help anywhere else and this really let the hotel down.
Finally, after we had left, we checked our account and realised that we had been charged twice. We were travelling throughout South America so this was a big problem. We contacted the hotel immediately and forwarded copies of the credit card statements, very clearly showing 2 charges of $645. We thought this would be easily resolved, but it took over 2 weeks to get a refund. We had to get our credit card dispute team involved and we were in contact almost every day. This was very stressful and should not have happened; the hotel admitted that this has happened before. To this day we have still not received an apology.
So, a great hotel in a wonderful area, but as there is clearly an issue with accounting it may be worthwhile paying in cash. Enjoy the experience, but be aware that Reception may not be quite as helpful as you would hope for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Torres is located in the heart of the National Park at the foot of the main tourist attraction, Las Torres del Paine and the starting point of the main trails of the park. With 74 rooms we offer All Inclusive Packages as well as bed & breakfast options. In any case, we are very flexible, with no fixed dates or days of arrival. We do have daily tour options to the main attractions of the park, as well as a nice restaurant with local cuisine options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Las Torres Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Torres Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile