“A great time in TDP”

Las Torres Patagonia
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A great time in TDP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We did a four day all-inclusive stint at this wonderful facility. Service was top-notch from the moment they picked us up in Punta Arenas until they dropped us off in El Calafate 5 days later. The park itself is wonderful and the guides are excellent. Lunch at the family estancia was wonderful and very hospitable.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room. It costs a bit more, but the view is spectacular!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We staid with my family on April, and everything was great... weather was nice, food was very good, and the people were very friendly.
The hotel is located inside the Park, so it´s location is the best if you like to hike just by walking out of the hotel..
The hotel has a variety of tours that you can take (they are further away from the hotel). Rooms are not too big, but I doubt you need something bigger.

The hotel also has internet, but don´t expect it to work like home. It gets disconnected often.

If you go to Torres del Paine... make sure you book this hotel, you may get special offers depending on the season.

I´m definitely coming back!.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank leo_jcob
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in December. The hotel is set within TDP National Park, with an picturesque mountainous backdrop. The rooms are well-sized, clean and comfortable. The communal areas are great, with a large fireplace in each, and the restaurants served delicious food. Wi-fi is available throughout, but strongest around the reception/bar area.

For trekkers - the hotel is located right at the start of the trek to Las Torres (the towers) which makes up one of the 3 arms of the "W" trek, which was very convenient for us. It was a 6 hour return trek and the view at the top was unbelievable. There are also stables on-site, and horse trail rides are on offer each morning and afternoon, which was a fun way to explore part of the park. The guides allow you to canter and gallop in areas if you are experienced.

We would definitely stay here again if given the chance.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

spent 4 days, location is awesome! I took all inclusive (rooms, tours, meals and drinks) package for easter long weekend.
the guides were so nice and helpfull, all the excursions were really well prepared.
the food is delicious, drinks as well.

rooms are not to big but you dont need more. Don't expect internet every day all day!!please disconnect in this beautiful landscape!! you are in the middle of nowhere!!

try to reserve your place to the glaciars tour in advance there are not to many places.

I'm definitely coming back!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sandra G
Jorge G, at Las Torres Patagonia, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hi Sandra G, thanks for taking time to write this review.

We are glad you had a great time at the hotel and the park.

As you mentioned, the hotel has an “excellent atmosphere and location”. All our staff is always willing to help and make the guests feel comfortable.

And the hotel has the best location since we are the start of many of the most important hiking in the park. Also, since we are an “estancia” (farm style) we also offer horseback riding excursions.

Well Sandra G., we will be waiting for you on your next trip.

Take care and thank you again.
Wyckoff, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I stayed for 4 days in late February into early March 2014. We had trekked around El Calafate, El Chalten, and finished out 10 day trip with Las Torres. The location is remote and in the middle of nowhere- which is what make this hotel great. We set out for 3 hikes right form the hotel, whereas other people staying in the area had to drive to a trailhead of get transport to start their hike.

The food at the bar was great- try the Patagonia Pizza and the fresh brewed iced tea. The restaurant's food was also great- had read some reviews of having a poor selection and not tasty, but my wife and I disagree completely and enjoyed every meal.

The French Valley tour was a full 11 hour day but had awesome views and was a great hike. Horseback riding right on the hotel's grounds was relaxed and low key, would definitely recommend.

If you're hiking or backpacking through Torres Del Paine, you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I just got back from a 10 day trip to Chile. I stayed at the Las Torres Patagonia for 4 nights between 04/06/14-04/10/14. From beginning to end, my experience with the Hotel Las Torres was great. The hotel picked me up at my hotel in Punta Arenas on the morning of 04/06 with no problems. We had to pick up two other people at the airport, so we made our way with our excellent driver Juan Carlos. Once everyone was picked up, we started the road trip. We stopped at the Estancia and had an amazing lunch of lamb, potatoes, salad, and a great Chilean dessert of a reconstituted peach with wheat. We were also greeted at the ranch with Pisco Sour's and amazing wine with lunch. After lunch there was a sheep shearing demonstration. The husband and wife that live at the ranch are so inviting. I felt right at home, and it was such a cozy lunch in the dining room of the ranch house with a nice fire going. It was perfect. Then we made our way to the hotel. Juan Carlos was willing to stop any time we wanted to get out and take photos. Finally made it to the hotel. Check in was easy and fast. Got right to my room. I was on the all inclusive plan, and I highly recommend this. All of my meals, drinks, and daily excursions were included. The hotel's rooms are basic, but they are very nice. Plus, you are surrounded by such beautiful landscape, the basic room is fine. You won't be spending much time in the room except to sleep after a long day. It was perfect, in my opinion. I went on the Full Paine van tour, which included an amazing lunch and all the sights in the park. The next morning I went on a half day horse tour. This one seemed to be just pretty close to the property since horses aren't allowed in the park itself. It was good. They let me gallop the horses in a valley which was cool. On my last full day I did the full day climb to the towers. I am so out of shape, I was a bit worried. We started on horseback, and then did the hike. Our guide Carlos was encouraging, and helpful. I made it. I was so happy I did it. I want to thank the amazing guides I had while I was there. Carlos and Carolina. They were so nice, and so helpful and full of information about the park and Chile itself. They are great employees to have. I enjoyed all of my time with both of them. This is getting a bit winded, so on to the food. I was not expecting such gourmet food in the middle of this park. It was so beautiful I didn't want to eat it!! But, I did, and it was delicious. I only had dinner in the restaurant 2 nights. Other nights I ate at the bar and had a sandwich and fries. That was really good too. The breakfast buffet was great every day. The buffet had enough variety and it was nice to have a good breakfast before hiking all day. Overall, I think this hotel was just about perfect. It is in a perfect location, with great employees, and services. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Jorge G, Coordinador de Marketing at Las Torres Patagonia, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hello jimi1918 , thank you so much for this complete review! You are actually describing the purpose and commitment we have to our guests: To offer an authentic and natural experience.

I will make sure to tell our staff about your great comments. I am sure they enjoy meeting you too.

Thanks again and take care!!
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I had a tough time deciding whether to book this hotel due to the many bad reviews I read about it. In the end, I am happy we stayed here. I think the refugio options are probably still good alternatives if this option is out of your budget as we met other travellers who were happy with their refugios. We debated whether to join a "hiking tour" to the mirador, but opted against it due to the cost. You definitely do not need to do it with a tour.

Pros:
1. It is near the entrance of the park so for those coming in via bus from Argentina, it is a good place to get dropped off/picked up.
2. Amazing view
3. Breakfast spread was great
4. The restaurant staff were quite friendly

Cons:
1. The hotel is basic relative to the cost--but you are paying for the location
2. The food options are hit and miss. The chicken was really dry. The pizza was awful. The salmon and fries were great.
3. When you try to book over the phone or get details, they do try to push for the all inclusive option. We did not need it and were glad we saved ourselves some money. It was also a bit confusing getting the details of payment and transfers--thankfully it all worked out. We were surprised it was much easier than it seemed over the phone (though maybe because we booked our bus transfer and 1 day bus tour via Chalten Travel).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank travelstarling