“Go for all inclusive”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dorking
“Go for all inclusive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here in January and really enjoyed our stay. We were on the all inclusive package and made full use of it. Some of our group did the walk up to The Towers, some of us went riding, we also did 2 other trips and would strongly recommend the all day Paine trip with the boat trip to the Grey glacier although we had to wait rather a long time for the boat!! It is not to be missed. Excellent guides on all our trips, The food was buffet style in the dining room for breakfast and evening meal which was good but not excellent. Lunch is excellent and if possible shouldn't be missed. It is so much easier when you don't have to worry about paying for food and drink and we found all the staff very friendly and very happy in their work. The room was very nice and the bed comfortable. A wonderful sight is in the evening and first thing in the morning when they round up the horses which have been roaming free overnight and they gallop across in front of the hotel, A fantastic sight. There is an air of informality which suited us personally.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We moved to Las Torres reluctantly from Rio Serrano for 3 nights in February to get a base closer to the Torres mirador. This hotel is perfectly situated for hikers, and is a good compromise for anyone wanting a reasonable degree of comfort. The room was quite small and not in perfect condition, but we accepted that given the remote location. Overall it had a three star feel, which was to be expected.
We had a great view of the mountains from the room, but the view in all directions is superb so don't pay extra for a mountain view. The only real down side was it's popularity, which probably added to the haphazard and at times chaotic service in the restaurant. Food quality was good though.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jorge G, marketing coordinator at Las Torres Patagonia, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Hello lee05, Thanks for your comments!! We are always checking our guests’ reviews in order to improve our services.

Is it possible for you to let me know what room did you stay at? You can write me at marketing2@lastorres.com if you prefer. I am asking that since our hotel offers rooms that goes from 32 square mts (with Jacuzzi and a small lounge), to 15 square mts.

You can see pictures and get more information about the rooms at our website.

And you are totally right to say that “This hotel is perfectly situated for hikers” since we are located in the beginning of many of the most important hiking path of the park. :)

Thanks again for your time and I look forward hearing from you.
West Hoathly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We chose the all-inclusive package, and really loved it here. It is an amazing location and has such an array of activities. We thought the staff and the service was excellent. Although our flight was late arriving, and we could hardly get off the plane at Punta Arenas because of the high winds, we did stop at Cerro Negro en route for dinner, a wonderful 3 course meal of deliciously tender lamb with very good wine. We were given a sheep shearing demonstration too. This meant that we did not arrive at Las Torres until after 9.00 pm. It is worth noting that the guides are in the foyer/cafe/restaurant area from 7-9 pm to book excursions for the next day (they are around at lunchtime too), so we did not have much choice only what was left. We were happy with what we got, but others may have been disappointed.

The horse-riding was excellent, and the horses sure-footed and calm, but I would not recommend it to a nervous beginner as we crossed a fast flowing river, and did a lot of up and down on steep terrain. They provide hard hats and you have to sign a disclaimer if you do not wish to wear them. The stirrups have leather cups covering your foot, so you can wear the wrong footwear without it being dangerous eg trainers with no heel. They found me narrower horses on request, and looked after me well.

The guides were great fun, and very helpful and knowledgeable. I am not good with great heights and big drops, so they recommended treks suitable for me.

It was interesting that lunch was quite a smart affair with a set menu and waiter service; it was very good and beautifully presented. Dinner was an average buffet; nice but not special. Drinks including wine and cocktails were really good. Try a calafate sour.

Our room was very nice, and a decent size, but very hot as were the corridors outside. Our radiators were not on, but there seemed to be heat underfloor. Also there was no fridge in the room so any drinks got rather warm.

All in all a really good set up with so much on offer, and we found the staff could not do enough for you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AoftheManor
Jorge G, at Las Torres Patagonia, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear AoftheManor,

The title of this review describes exactly what we want to offer to our guests… a “great all round experience”. :)

The biggest advantage of our all inclusive is that our guests only have “to worry” about how they will enjoy their stay.

Thanks for your comments and I will let the staff now that you were glad with their service and attention.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I wanted to address a lot of the comment I have seen on this site- many of which made me nervous about choosing this hotel. It turns out I had no reason to be nervous- this hotel us really great and 100% worth the cost.

- The transfers were perfect. That alone makes it worth paying for the all-inclusive package. And I dare you to try to get to either Calafate or Punta Arenas without a transfer- I saw people doing it by public bus. They looked miserable.

- The food- now I want to say that I am a bona fide Manhattan food snob. I am NOT easy to please. And I thought the food was FANTASTIC! So I am confused as to why so many people complained about this. Here are some tips: 1) don't order a sandwich at the bar. Sandwiches are boring and they are never good. 2) DO order the salmon at the bar- I am still craving it now

3) The wines are good! Even the house wine. Trust me- I am a snob about that too. 4) The lunch is stellar, if you can be there to experience it. It is not a buffet- it is a true fine dining experience. 5) even the buffet isn't bad. If you are a vegetarian, you might not like it BUT you should accept that you have chosen to visit South America- the land of steaks. That isn't really the hotel or the country's fault.

4) The room is a little basic, but they do give you all the needed amenities, like hair conditioner. That is a plus. I had a few complaints- it was actually HOT when I was there, and there was no AC....so I was actually uncomfortable and sweaty and couldn't sleep. You cant open the window for risk of being pelted by bugs. I think at $800 a night, this isn't acceptable. I also did find about three bugs on the floor and had to kill them- not a favorite activity of mine.

5) yes the wifi stinks, but you are not in patagonia to check email. And it is really not the hotel's fault. You can't expect excellent wifi service inside a national park.

6) The excursions worked out for me, BUT I did hear other people complaining that the stuff they wanted was full. I will say I tried to email them from NY prior to arriving to see if I could choose my excursions, and they never responded to my question. Again- that really isn't acceptable. At $800 a night, you have to respond to your customers. But like I said, the excursions ended up working out for me.

All in all, I would not stay at any of the cheaper places. I think I need at least this level of luxury to be happy- unless I decide to rough it all together and camp. The other luxury hotels are even more expensive and don't offer the same level of transfer services, especially from Calafate. So in the end, I was happy with my choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Dragonlady15
Glendale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Located in the national park, reached by a gravel road, it is in an incredible location. The rooms are basic but comfortable, the modern bathrooms are clean and have good showers. What we did not like are the stains on the carpet.
It should not be surprising that prices for food in this remote location are very high. The buffet dinner in the dining room costs about $48 (without drinks) and is not very good, e.g. lamb was very tough, the hake too salty. The bar food is fine and a lot less expensive.
Staff is helpful and gives recommendations for hikes.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have a view of the mountains. If you charge it in dollars to a credit card they...
Jorge G, at Las Torres Patagonia, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
• Hello Zuzka E, how are you?? Thanks for taking time to write this review.

Knowing what our guests have to say is very important to us since we are always looking to improve our services.

Yes, I totally agree with you about that the Hotel “is in an incredible location”. Actually, the majority of the most important hikes of the National park start at our Hotel.

Zuzka E, it is too bad to know that you did not like the buffet food… I will definitely talk with the kitchen staff about it. Could you tell me the dates you stayed at the hotel? You can write me directly to marketing2@lastorres.com if you want.

Thanks again for your time and I will tell our staff that you thought they were helpful.
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I can't say enough about this Hotel we stayed for 4 night here and I was really upset when it came time to leave.
We were collected from Punta Arenas and driven by a private vehicle to drive to Las Torres Hotel and en route we stopped at the ranch owned by the family for a lovely lunch of lamb and other local dishes and drinks included and very friendly staff,we were also given a display of sheep shearing and a lot of information on the ranch and the sheep they keep.
The trip to Las Torres was a long one as it is very remote but a really enjoyable day stopping on the way for the lunch and a coffee stop as well.
The Hotel is set in the most amazing setting in the world and the views from the windows of your room are unbelievable,horses grazing in front and the mountains behind you.
We were all inclusive and although it is quite expensive before you go,when you get there you can put your money away and just enjoy the place fully.
The food is excellent and the lunch was like a good Restaurant in the UK served to your table with wine included.The evening meal was a generous buffet with extensive choices.
The rooms are warm and comfortable and clean and nicely decorated,and the common areas are really nice.
Every evening you book your excursions for the next day with help from the guides who are all really nice and caring and helpful and informative.
We rode horse nearly every day in the morning and then walked in the afternoon or went on a full day trip in the vehicle which stopped at numerous points,to let you see views and walk and then a trip to Lago Grey glacier is included and a good packed lunch is included a really good day out.
When I booked I wondered if I would get good value as we are both in our 60s but we were able to enjoy all the activities we wanted to do and more.
The drinks are all included as long as you don't have premium brands and no one seemed to have a problem with this.
Can't recommend this Hotel enough it was one of the highlights of our trip to Chile and South America.
Very upset to leave Hotel LasTorres and would love to return.

Jorge G, at Las Torres Patagonia, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Nescottage, thanks for writing this detailed review. It is very important for us to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of our all-inclusive option.

Your review describes clearly the experience we want our guests to have when visiting Torres Del Paine and staying at out hotel.

Thanks again Nescottage and we will be waiting for you for another great experience!!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We arrived from Punta Arenas after five hours and were blown away with the location of this incredible hotel every need was taken care of by the very helpful staff nothing was to much trouble we went on a half day horse ride into the Lenga forest with a guide that was very knowledgeable about the park an surroundings would highly recommend this as a stay in Patagonia

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jorge G, at Las Torres Patagonia, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hello Crawf4,
I am happy to hear that you had a great time.
I will make sure to tell the rest of the staff that they were “very helpful” and that “nothing was to much trouble”…
The staff will be happy to hear that you had a good time and that they were an important part of your great experience.
Kind regards