We chose the all-inclusive package, and really loved it here. It is an amazing location and has such an array of activities. We thought the staff and the service was excellent. Although our flight was late arriving, and we could hardly get off the plane at Punta Arenas because of the high winds, we did stop at Cerro Negro en route for dinner, a wonderful 3 course meal of deliciously tender lamb with very good wine. We were given a sheep shearing demonstration too. This meant that we did not arrive at Las Torres until after 9.00 pm. It is worth noting that the guides are in the foyer/cafe/restaurant area from 7-9 pm to book excursions for the next day (they are around at lunchtime too), so we did not have much choice only what was left. We were happy with what we got, but others may have been disappointed.
The horse-riding was excellent, and the horses sure-footed and calm, but I would not recommend it to a nervous beginner as we crossed a fast flowing river, and did a lot of up and down on steep terrain. They provide hard hats and you have to sign a disclaimer if you do not wish to wear them. The stirrups have leather cups covering your foot, so you can wear the wrong footwear without it being dangerous eg trainers with no heel. They found me narrower horses on request, and looked after me well.
The guides were great fun, and very helpful and knowledgeable. I am not good with great heights and big drops, so they recommended treks suitable for me.
It was interesting that lunch was quite a smart affair with a set menu and waiter service; it was very good and beautifully presented. Dinner was an average buffet; nice but not special. Drinks including wine and cocktails were really good. Try a calafate sour.
Our room was very nice, and a decent size, but very hot as were the corridors outside. Our radiators were not on, but there seemed to be heat underfloor. Also there was no fridge in the room so any drinks got rather warm.
All in all a really good set up with so much on offer, and we found the staff could not do enough for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Torres is located in the heart of the National Park at the foot of the main tourist attraction, Las Torres del Paine and the starting point of the main trails of the park. With 74 rooms we offer All Inclusive Packages as well as bed & breakfast options. In any case, we are very flexible, with no fixed dates or days of arrival. We do have daily tour options to the main attractions of the park, as well as a nice restaurant with local cuisine options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Las Torres Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Torres Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile