Let me begin with the only positive thing I can say. We did three excursions with Eduardo, who was the only saving grace to this otherwise massively disappointing experience. Eduardo was a very professional and knowledgeable guide, conscientious about safety, and most of all, enthusuastic and, fun. Las Torres is in an amazing location, with great potential. We did the all inclusive for three nights. We justified the really huge price by thinking that we were going to have our choice of excursions at our disposal, having read all the wonderful options on the website. Well, not so. We arrived first day with plenty of time for a half day excursion, to find our only option was a self guided hike around the area. We had a specific excursion that we had wanted to do, but were given excuses as to why we could not do it the first day, and in fact had only one option for our first full day. Next day, fully expecting that we could surely do the horseback riding/trek we were hoping for...nope not an option. Pretty disappointed, but I have to admit that after a 16 k. hike the day before, we were ok with being ferried around to several sites by bus, and must say the boat ride to Lago Grey was amazing.
Let me get to the less positive remarks, which really need to be taken seriously by a place that aspires to be considered a serious option for tourists wanting a first class experience.
The rooms are very basic, bathrooms need updating, and as has been mentioned more than once, the carpets are really disgusting. Filthy and worn.
You are pretty much held captive to the food service that they provide, and it is dismal!!
The staff, other than our darling guide Eduardo, and one very hardworking young fellow in the dining room, were disinterested, seemed very unhappy to be there, and had no interest in customer service.
This place has great potential, some updating of rundown amenities, some staff training, and a new chef would go far. For the prices they are charging, I think that this should all be achievable. We stayed at a similarly priced location in the Atacama, with similar challenges of being a bit remote, and we could not find a single fault. So...clean up your act, or quit charging 5 star prices for 2 star performance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Torres is located in the heart of the National Park at the foot of the main tourist attraction, Las Torres del Paine and the starting point of the main trails of the park.With 84 room we offer All Inclusive Packages as well as bed & breakfast options.In any case, we are very flexible, with no fixed dates or days of arrival.We do have daily tour options to the main attractions of the park, as well as a nice restaurant with local cuisine options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Las Torres Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Torres Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile