The hotel really stays far way from Punta Arenas, but this is not a problem, come on, we are talking about a National Park, a place where the Nature show us face and we have to do some effort to enjoy it.
My wife and I stayed at Hotel Las Torres, 4 full days in a all-inclusive program. And best part: we were on honeymoon!!
First, the location is amazing, close to Almirante Nieto mountain, the view at morning is great and inspiring.
The staff is very friendly and polite. Specially the guides that were doing the trekkings and excursions with us: Pamela and Gonçalo. They were very professional and shared with us interesting information about the fauna and flora of TDP (Torres del Paine). The W Circuit (combining boat, horses and trekking) was unforgettable. Combining horses and boat was a great idea, this was a great surprise for us and there's no doubt that it took the trip/excursions to a higher level. Even though we combining boat and horses, we walked almost 30 km to complete the W Circuit, we were very tired, but ... we would do it again for sure. :-)
The hotel Las Torres is a stanza too, so they have amazing "Criollo" horses for those who want to take a ride instead of just walking in a part of the W circuit (Valle Asencio).
In the first day we did the "Full Day Paine" to view all the most interesting points of the park, like: Sarmiento, Pehoe, Grey and Nordenskjold Lakes. We also visited the "Chico waterfall" and took a boat to the Grey Lake & Glaciar (the first part of the W Circuit).
In the second day we completed another part of the W Circuit, a trekking to the French Valley starting at Paine Grande Refugio until the Mirador (passing the Italian Refugio), round trip. In the third, our goal was to get to the base of the Towers. We started with a horse riding on the Asencio Valley (AMAZING experience) and trekking from the Chilean Refugio until the base of the Towers, ending the W Circuit. The last day was more calm with horse rides at the Lengas Forest and visit to the Blue Lagoon and Salto Grande waterfalls. Juan Carlos was the driver of the shuttle and such an amazing company as well. During the ride, we saw a lot of typical animals such as guanaco, ñandu, caiquén, zorros.
The all-inclusive program was worth (although very expensive!), because hotel rates, excursions and lunch/dinner at TDP are very expensive anyway. And after all, we were enjoying honeymoon! :-) TDP requires physical effort and if you want to know the Park, without camping, in 4 or 5 days you have to use car, horse and, of course, your own legs!!!
The dinner and the breakfast is OK, nothing much. The sandwich & drinks at Pionero Bar are great, don't miss it!
After all those days, the most incredible and amazing thing was….the SILENCE! For those who are used to live in big cities (like us), that silence was really a beautiful gift!
The last but not the least, the front desk guys were very proactive and one of them (Helder I guess, not sure) "saved" us by lending a universal adaptor so we could charge the batteries of the camera.
TDP and Las Torres provided us one of our most beautiful moments of our lives. Thanks a lot…we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Las Torres is located in the heart of the National Park at the foot of the main tourist attraction, Las Torres del Paine and the starting point of the main trails of the park. With 74 rooms we offer All Inclusive Packages as well as bed & breakfast options. In any case, we are very flexible, with no fixed dates or days of arrival. We do have daily tour options to the main attractions of the park, as well as a nice restaurant with local cuisine options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Las Torres Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Torres Patagonia Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Del Paine
- Las Torres Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile