We loved Explora. For how isolated (and gorgeous) it is, the food and service and amenities are unbeatable. It has a good all inclusive structure. the laidback atmosphere is great-- e.g picking different excursions over drinks in the evening. It is THE model for luxury "adventure" travel. I think it's great that it gives people that otherwise may not do it the confidence to go out and hike and see nature in a way that is safe and comfortable. If you want to see the park and are a confident camper/hiker, then you have to take this resort for what it is--it's a five star hotel in a national park. The food is not five star restaurant quality, but it is great for the location, and, interestingly, the wines and fruits are all produced by the same family as the owner of Explora. The building's design is fantastic--the best use of white clapboard ever. The best part is that they have two private riding facilities. If you want a bit of isolation and are up for it, do one of the rides. My husband and I spent a whole day out just us, a gaucho and a guide, galloping on the pampas, stopping for a brilliant picnic (they even packed a bottle of wine), and then galloping some more. It was fantastic. I will state that we had come in from hiking the circuit, and arrived smelly and campy and feeling malnourished, so it's possible that we loved it so much partially because of the contrast. Another thing to note is that we went before the expansion...I couldn't venture to guess how increasing the capacity by another half (I think) may have affected the place, but while we were there it was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lodge is located right in the heart of the extraordinary Torres del Paine National Park in southern Patagonia. The diverse and untouched landscapes of this area led UNESCO to declare it a biosphere reserve.Our Patagonia hotel lodge opened in 1993 on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall. It affords an excellent view of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name.The lodge has 49 rooms and a variety of inviting spaces. Situated on a 3-hectare (7.4-Acre) site, the design borrows certain organic forms from the landscape itself, adapting to it with simple elegance. It was designed to create a dialogue with its environment, putting human beings in touch with the sublimity of their surroundings.For travellers, the lodge provides the welcome surprise of comfort in a remote area. Nonetheless, you are not isolated from nature, but rather placed "within" it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your explora Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Explora Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico
- Explora Patagonia Torres Del Paine
- Explora Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile