We were recent guests at Explora Patagonia with our young children ages 7 and 3.
The views from Explora were jaw-dropping! It was like being in a 3-D movie! Explora's location is also unbeatable- right within Torres Del Paine National Park.
The staff at Explora including the manager Laura did everything within their means to accommodate our family of young children. We received a complementary upgrade to a suite, for one of the excursions our family had its own guide, and last but not least many of our meals were room-serviced to our room as we were hesitant to go down into the dining room in case our kids were too loud. Also, the chef was gracious enough to prepare meals for our youngest as per our request.
When we finally did venture out to the dining room with the kids, many of he guests that had been on excursions with us told us that we should just come down with the kids as the atmosphere was pretty informal.
When we saw it for ourselves we realized it was really laid back in the bar area and so many of the guests were so sweet to the kids. Also, Explora was happy to serve us dinner in the downstairs dining room where there were a lot fewer guests than the upstairs dining room which was pretty packed.
Overall, we had a pretty fantastic stay. We were coming from Awasi, Atacama so had been utterly spoilt and the Awasi experience had been superlative in every way. However, we were pleased with Explora too and especially the amount they did to make our family with young children feel included in everything.
Thank you! We will remember our time at Explora for a long time to come and we do hope that we can visit the majestic Torres Del Paine National Park again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lodge is located right in the heart of the extraordinary Torres del Paine National Park in southern Patagonia. The diverse and untouched landscapes of this area led UNESCO to declare it a biosphere reserve.Our Patagonia hotel lodge opened in 1993 on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall. It affords an excellent view of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name.The lodge has 49 rooms and a variety of inviting spaces. Situated on a 3-hectare (7.4-Acre) site, the design borrows certain organic forms from the landscape itself, adapting to it with simple elegance. It was designed to create a dialogue with its environment, putting human beings in touch with the sublimity of their surroundings.For travellers, the lodge provides the welcome surprise of comfort in a remote area. Nonetheless, you are not isolated from nature, but rather placed "within" it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your explora Patagonia - All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Explora Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico
- Explora Patagonia Torres Del Paine
- Explora Patagonia - All Inclusive Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile