I love the location this hotel is situated in. Doesn't get much better than this. Panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, including Torres Del Paine and the glaciers. Service is good, although one suggestion is more comprehensive spa treatment. I was genuinely shocked to find out that they only offered massage and pool in their "spa". Also, their wifi is dreadfully slow. Don't plan on doing any real "work" here. Otherwise, the hotel is excellent. Hotel staff and guides are extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and will for sure service you with every need. We were especially impressed by the free and prompt transport service from Calafate from Argentina and later to Punta Arenas. Very convenient and least painful bus trip I've taken.
If you go on one of the longer hikes, one of the things we found so lovely was that the guide/staff brought special lunch all the way up a 10 hr hike. We were able to enjoy hot soup while freezing at the base camp of the towers. It's a small detail but totally made our day.
We were also able to join in for the special BBQ they held, which included 2 fully roasted lamb racks, as well as a variety of roasted local food. It was a very nice surprise and the food was just superb.
Overall, if you are not convinced by the review, look at the pictures. There's not really good ways to describe what you see, except to see it in picture, and of course to experience it in person. Good luck and I hope you visit one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lodge is located right in the heart of the extraordinary Torres del Paine National Park in southern Patagonia. The diverse and untouched landscapes of this area led UNESCO to declare it a biosphere reserve.Our Patagonia hotel lodge opened in 1993 on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall. It affords an excellent view of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name.The lodge has 49 rooms and a variety of inviting spaces. Situated on a 3-hectare (7.4-Acre) site, the design borrows certain organic forms from the landscape itself, adapting to it with simple elegance. It was designed to create a dialogue with its environment, putting human beings in touch with the sublimity of their surroundings.For travellers, the lodge provides the welcome surprise of comfort in a remote area. Nonetheless, you are not isolated from nature, but rather placed "within" it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your explora Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Explora Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico
- Explora Patagonia Torres Del Paine
- Explora Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile