This lodge is not cheap but definitely worth staying at if you have the money. It is run very efficiently and they make sure that nobody is left out when it comes to offering excursions, of which there are many. The food is also very good and the rooms are all nice.
Much has been written about the hotel but if I was to offer a tip it would be to take your own trekking poles. They do have some that you can borrow but it is probably better to take your own as they make the hiking easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our lodge is located right in the heart of the extraordinary Torres del Paine National Park in southern Patagonia. The diverse and untouched landscapes of this area led UNESCO to declare it a biosphere reserve.Our Patagonia hotel lodge opened in 1993 on the banks of the Salto Chico waterfall. It affords an excellent view of the unique Paine Massif and two of the three impressive torres, or towers, which give the park its name.The lodge has 49 rooms and a variety of inviting spaces. Situated on a 3-hectare (7.4-Acre) site, the design borrows certain organic forms from the landscape itself, adapting to it with simple elegance. It was designed to create a dialogue with its environment, putting human beings in touch with the sublimity of their surroundings.For travellers, the lodge provides the welcome surprise of comfort in a remote area. Nonetheless, you are not isolated from nature, but rather placed "within" it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your explora Patagonia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Explora Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico
- Explora Patagonia Torres Del Paine
- Explora Patagonia Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile