All reviews infinity pool lake sarmiento stunning architecture national park sister hotel punta arenas the hotel manager chilli every guest every respect all inclusive resort general manager nachos lake and mountains favorite hotel common areas memorable stay
Selected filters
Reviewed November 21, 2019

I recently returned from another stay at Tierra and it was as magical as ever. As a frequent TDP traveler it's always difficult to choose between all of the fabulous lodges. Although not as exhaustive of excursion list as Explora, they have all the highlights and great access to the east where more there is more wildlife. I suggest visiting Sierra Baguales area if at Tierra as it's really different from the main areas of park, littered with fossils, and totally of beaten path. Tierra offers biking and the other lodges do not, although if you're a horseback rider look to Explora. April first rates come way down. There are 3 'standard rooms' which the only real difference is a handful of sq ft smaller so bathtub is in corner of room not bathroom. It's in front of a panoramic window but very private so I actually find it a pro, especially if on a honeymoon. They fill fast, but early April in a standard room is a way to have a 5 star TDP adventure lodge experience at a 4 star or lower cost. Another advantage I like about Tierra is that they include transfers in/out from Calafate on any given day (Explora on a fixed time table ever 5 days and only during high season, Awasi at extra cost, Patagonia Camp extra cost). This is really nice as for a comprehensive Southern Patagonia trip combining Argentina and Chile via Southern Patagonia with an adventurous crossing through the Andes. This allows you to experience both windward and leeward side of these mountains, and the Argentine side of Patagonia features the most stunning glaciers (Perito Moreno, Upsala, etc) so more representative of glacier country) while also having vast pampa which is an important ecosystem of Patagonia (comprises over 80% of the land). Other benefits are then that you can experience Buenos Aires at start of trip, and then Santiago and/or Chile's lesser known wine country (for those considering Tierra Apalta Residence of Vik Chile are wine country properties to look at) as well as Valparaiso which is an awesome city (if Santiago would compare to New York, Valpo would be San Fran).

Room tip: 3 standard rooms offer big savings and are comparable, so if looking for value try to book one of those.
Date of stay: October 2019
Cecilia T, Guest Service at Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

Dear KnowmadAdventures:

Thank you so much for your review!

We are very happy to hear that you had a great stay at Tierra Patagonia and that you enjoyed yet another Torres del Paine experience, this time with us!

It is indeed a wonderful journey to combine Tierra Patagonia with the wine country and - why not?- with Tierra Chiloé and/or Tierra Atacama as well, to get the most out of our beautiful country, our best discounts and hotel service!

Hopefully we will welocme you again soon.

Reviewed November 17, 2019

Every aspect of this experience was top-rate, from the beginning of our inquiry to our checkout. Every Tierra employee, from guides to bar tenders to the people who helped us make hike decisions, was friendly and helpful. Nicholas, the property manager, was often present and always asking about how we were doing--in a way that sounded like he really cared about our answer.

Views from every room gave us a feel for what we would be seeing on our excursions--but only a taste. We only had 2 days to tour, but every moment of those was jaw-dropping and informative.

I was there with my 30-year-old daughter, and we agreed we wanted to come back with our husbands.

Room tip: Push yourself to experience the outdoors as much as you have time for. Spa services can be had anywhere; this outdoors can't.
Date of stay: November 2019
Cecilia T, Guest Service at Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2019

Dear NancyErsk:

Thank you so much for this great review!

It's fantastic to hear that your Tierra Patagonia experience was wonderful in all aspects and it makes us very happy to know that you enjoyed our great excursions, as well as the hotel location and views!

We will be delighted to welcome you back for new adventures!

Reviewed November 16, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for four nights last month and had an amazing time. Nick and his team of staff went above and beyond expectation to give us the most memorable experience of southern Patagonia. The hotel is tastefully (and ecologically responsibly) decorated and kept immaculate. The food is of a very high standard and the excursions designed to cater for everyone, plus the spa at the end of it relaxes you in front of a truly breathtaking view. We cannot recommend this place highly enough and would tell anyone planning to tour the area to give this a look! Thanks to everyone at Tierra Patagonia!

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Bomby1981:

Thank you so much for this beautiful review!

We are so glad to hear that you had an amazing stay with us at Tierra Patagonia and that you loved our cuisine, the excursions, our fantastic spa and the overall hotel service!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2019

I had one thing on my mind when planning our trip to Chile - to do the Base of the Three Towers walk. Next was to find a travel agent and plan accommodation. After much deliberation we decided on Tierra hotels in both Atacama and Patagonia and we were not disappointed. It is difficult to make accommodation decisions based on what you read on the internet, but after arriving and finding our bearings we were definitely in the right hotel in Patagonia. From the moment we stepped off the plane in Punta Arenas everything ran so smoothly. The 5-hour drive from the airport to hotel flew by - the car we were collected in was spotless, the driver did not speak English but was courteous and communicated well and we were provided with a packed lunch and information about Patagonia. On arrival at the hotel we were met by Nicholas the general manager and from the moment we stepped inside the hotel it was fabulous. Just the scenery was unbelievably beautiful. I cannot fault one thing about our stay at Tierra Patagonia. The atmosphere is so friendly, the staff are thoughtful and attentive and that includes ALL STAFF from the drivers to the cleaners to the wait staff and the guides are just amazing - a huge thank you to Tomas our guide the day we went up to the Base of the Towers. Basilio who plans the excursions was also fantastic - he made you feel like he had all the time in the world to meet every need and want you had, and he was so knowledgeable. One of the things I loved about the Tierra hotels is you could come in from an excursion at any time and just go to the bar or restaurant in what you were dressed in and it was acceptable - we had an inclusive package and although it can be expensive, I would highly recommend. This was supposed to be a one-off holiday and I could go on all day , but it was just so incredible I have to go back. Our time at Tierra Patagonia finished and we were driven to El Calafate in Argentina for the next leg of our trip by another lovely driver called Richard who got us through the Chile and Argentinean borders easily. Would I recommend - absolutely and without hesitation. Thank you, Tierra Patagonia.

Room tip: Al the rooms have beautiful views to the Paine Massif. There are 2 floors of accomodation and wooden floors throughout.

Dear Freckles1059:

Thank you very much for this stunning review!

It is so great to hear how much you loved the whole Tierra Patagonia experience!

We are delighted about the fact that you felt well taken care of from beginning to end and that our staff exceeded your expectations.

We will pass on your comments to our staff and we sincerely hope to have the joy of welcoming you back for more adventures!

Reviewed November 4, 2019

After months of research between Awasi, Tierra and Explora, I ended up staying at Tierra Patagonia. As a solo traveler, I was looking for a hotel/lodge that would offer a hassle-free all-inclusive option while still ensuring that excursions were in a group setting (vs. Awasi where all excursions are private... which is not entirely a bad thing if you're looking for complete isolation).

What I liked the most about my stay here definitely has to be the right combination of the amazing excursions (Base of Three Towers, French Valley, Hunter's Trail, Horseback Riding, Laguna Azul, etc.), great food and beautiful location/views from the room. Kuddos to Basillo and his team of amazing guides - they made all the excursions fun and educational (shout out to Roberto and Nico for sticking with me throughout the Base Towers hike... probably would not have made it without their support and guidance near the end).

Highly recommend for solo travelers, couples, families, etc... this was a place for everyone (young and old).

Bonus: days leading up to my trip, I had to make a few revisions to my reservations (originally staying in Tierra Patagonia & Atacama) and had to cancel, then rebook due to the strikes in Santiago. Luckily, Nicholas' team at Tierra Patagonia were able to accommodate all the changes and requests I made, most of which were last minute. This just goes to show how much they take care of their guests.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank D4751KKsarahb
Cecilia T, Guest Service at Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2019

Dear D4751KKsarahb:

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!

It is so good to hear how much you enjoyed the Tierra Patagonia experience!

We are absolutely thrilled about the fact that our solo travellers feel at home and love the friendly Tierra Patagonia atmosphere! We are also very greatful that you chose our property for this amazing journey!

Hopefully we will have the joy of welcoming you back for a new Tierra adventure!