Tierra Patagonia was the first leg of our honeymoon. The newly opened hotel has spectacular interior and gorgeous view of the lake. The hotel was designed so it doesn't intrude the landscape of Patagonia. So we didn't get a full view of the architecture until we were right in front of the building.
- Amazing view of the lake from all the rooms and dining rooms
- Great spa with an outdoor jacuzzi. It's fun to sit in the outdoor jacuzzi especially with the wind blowing
- Many hiking choices for all different levels of hikers.
- Very friendly staff and tour guides
- Modern and chic interior design
- Breakfast starts at 7.30 am, which isn't enough time if you have a 8am hike
- Dinner time can get hectic so the service isn't always great
- The wine selections were mediocre
- No Internet in the room
All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at the Tierra Patagonia. The food was surprisingly good given the fact that it's so remotely located. Besides the food items offered on the menu, guests can put in special requests the night before. My husband was interested to try one of the Chilean specialty - completo. The chef did a great job. I didn't love the local wines at the hotel but do try the 'Calafate sour'. Calafate is a local berries, which is very tart. The locals make amazing Calafate liquor -- I wish I brought some back! Last but not least, the hotel adopted a sheep name 'Raymond'. Apparently he's very spoiled by the staff and can understand the word 'leche'. He's quite dirty from sleeping near the vent but he's really adorable and will respond if you say 'baaa'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa is a casual but luxurious design hotel with 40 guest rooms. The hotel ambiance is Patagonian, one that radiates warmth, safety and togetherness; all things desired by those who've spent their day in the Patagonian outdoors. The hotel sits on a bluff where the vast pampas meet Lake Sarmiento, and enjoys a magnificent view of Torres del Paine peaks on the other side of the lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Patagonia Hotel & Spa Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile