Staff were friendly and helpful, the yurts were well appointed - although bedside lighting could be brighter - take off the lampshade or bring your Ipad if you intend reading in bed! The calafate cocktails were dangerously tasty. Meals were well prepared and good value when wine and other drink costs were included. We took the bed and breakfast option to have freedom to tour the area at leisure but most of the guests were fully inclusive.
Only have wifi in the common areas and no cell phone signal so a real get away from it location.
Only downside was that the camp is located outside of the park and on the road to the Serrano gate. MOP - the Chilean Ministry of Public works was meant to have completed road improvements by January but are still working on the road with no end date advised. This means the road is currently closed from 10 am to 9 pm. Going to the park is not a problem but the return is a diversion of 150 km back to the camp.
We found that if you are at he Serrano gate that they will actually allow traffic through after about 6.30 but still it is a pain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the Shore of Toro Lake in a region of extraordinary beauty, Patagonia Camp is the first luxury camp in South America with a chic collection of glamorous Yurts. The camp's 18 impeccable and spacious Yurts are comfortable and stylishly furnished, equipped with central heating, ensuite bathrooms and even views of the stars through a central window in the roof. Activities include kayaking, fishing, scenic tours, hiking and trekking in the Torres del Paine National Park, recently named The 8th Wonder of the World, only 15 kilometers away. The restaurant offers a variety of typical Patagonian food with a gourmet touch, such as King Crab, Patagonian Lamb, Austral Salmon and more! Patagonia Camp is a unique nature experience and a truly different and new concept of accommodation in a close contact with the natural environment and with great comfort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Patagonia Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patagonia Camp Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Patagonia Camp Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile