You stay here in a luxurious "tent". This is not your usual hotel. The tents are round and well isolated, well heated, tastefully decorated and with all the amenities and comfort that you expect. The roof has a transparent dome so you can see the stars from the bed. The view through the window, overlooking the Toro lake, with the Paine massif behind, is just breathtaking. When you exit your room you are outdoors and you walk on a wooden structure between the trees to go to the dining room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The drivers (five or so hours transfer from Punta Arenas and daily excursions) were careful and experienced. The spectacular scenery of the Torres del Paine National Park added to your cozy "tent", great staff and fine food, adds up to a memorable experience. If you haven't been near a glacier before, don't miss the navigation on the Grey lake (only extra thing we paid). The light trekking was not so light for us, but we had no previous experience. There is no cell phone coverage in the area, but there is Internet (wifi) in the dining room area. Be sure to take with you layers of clothing, trekking shoes, windbreakers, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the Shore of Toro Lake in a region of extraordinary beauty, Patagonia Camp is the first luxury camp in South America with a chic collection of glamorous Yurts. The camp's 18 impeccable and spacious Yurts are comfortable and stylishly furnished, equipped with central heating, ensuite bathrooms and even views of the stars through a central window in the roof. Activities include kayaking, fishing, scenic tours, hiking and trekking in the Torres del Paine National Park, recently named The 8th Wonder of the World, only 15 kilometers away. The restaurant offers a variety of typical Patagonian food with a gourmet touch, such as King Crab, Patagonian Lamb, Austral Salmon and more! Patagonia Camp is a unique nature experience and a truly different and new concept of accommodation in a close contact with the natural environment and with great comfort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Patagonia Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patagonia Camp Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Patagonia Camp Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile