“Wonderful Setting, Great Facility With an Outstanding,Friendly & Caring Staff”
Review of Patagonia Camp

Patagonia Camp
Mobile,AL
“Wonderful Setting, Great Facility With an Outstanding,Friendly & Caring Staff”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I spent five nights at Patagonia Camp earlier this month based on the great reviews I read on TA.
I could not have been more pleased with this choice. I knew up front that it was about a 20 minute ride on an unpaved road from Patagonia Camp to the Serrano River entrance to Torres del Paine National Park.
I made all my arrangements via direct e-mail communication via their web site. It was easy to arrange my on time pick up at my hotel in Punta Arenas and my on time drop off at the Punta Arenas airport to catch my afternoon flight back to Santiago.
As described by multiple prior reviewers the yurts at Patagonia Camp are unique and well appointed and the views out over Lago Toro are breathtaking.
I thought that the breakfast options were varied and well presented. There were two dinner options each night and each of the varied entrees that I had were delicious.
I have a specific significant food allergy and everyone involved with the preparation and serving of my meals was cognizant of my dietary restrictions and tasty alternatives were prepared specifically for my needs.
I went on walks each of the four days that I was there with two great guides(Mariano & Xavi).
Three of these walks were all day journeys and the lunch that was brought along was well prepared and the guides and drivers went out of their way to accommodate each guest's needs.
The concern and attention to the guest's needs at Patagonia Camp merits special praise from me. My mother developed a life-threatening illness that required hospitalization in the U.S. while I was at Patagonia Camp. I was aware that there is no cell phone service at Patagonia Camp but I was able to communicate with my wife easily and effectively using the computer in the main building that was available to me 24/7 and I could have used the satellite phone had I needed to. It also was made clear to me that if I had needed to leave for the Punta Arenas airport prior to my scheduled departure date(which fortunately was not the case) that someone would have gladly taken me a day or two sooner than planned. Everyone at Patagonia Camp was genuinely concerned about my mother's health and were happy to aid me in any way they possibly could through this troubling time.
When it was time to leave there was not a single additional charge added to what I had prepaid for this stay.
Everything that I had been promised was delivered on.
As my favorite philosopher Yogi Berra might say: You can't make a "wrong mistake" taking any of the outings that the knowledgeable guides at Patagonia Camp recommend to you. The wildfires last year made going on the Mirador Condor walk a poor option. I thought that the three full day trips I took to Lago Grey & Mirador Lago Toro, Salto Grande,Cascada Paine & Laguna Azul and the Porteria Sarmiento to Porteria Laguna Armaga walks were all terrific in very different ways.

Room Tip: All the yurts have great views. I stayed in #10 which was nearer the dining room. Yurts #17 & 18...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank MobileResident

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at Patagonia Camp 15-17/11/12 & was stunned by just how beautiful the camp was. My Yurt (half tent-half cabana) was clean, luxurious & very private. The food is outstanding and the service friendly, timely & courteous. It's location is also handy for the park...I can't recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank edshepley
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We enjoyed 3 nights during November 2012 at the Patagonia Camp - a luxury yurt in a remote area north of Puerta Natales and 35 minutes from the Torres del Paine park entrance. We enjoyed full board, transportation to the park, long drives each day to special treks and spectacular mountains, glaciers and wildlife - birdlife, condors, guanaca, hares and a Darwin's fox beiing taunted by a meadowlark. Service at the Camp is top notch - during our stay the staff to guest ratio was about 1.5 to 1 (they could use more guests!), also the naturalist guides were extrremely knowledgable and helpful. We had a choice of excursions each day and the level of difficulty of the hikes could be selected. Be prepared for all four seasons of weather in the course of 4 days - constantly changing. We experienced sun, sprinklig rain and most amazingly, 50 mph winds with 60 + mph gusts. Dress in layers! Loved our cozy yurt with beautiful views.

Room Tip: Yurts # 17 and 18 are 77 steps down-slope from the dining and reception. Yurts #9 and 10 offer a g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda W
Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Really true Patagonia at Patagonia Camp. Amazing hikes with a beautiful view. Excellent service, transfers and delicious foods. Excellent guides with great options for excursions in the park Torres del Paine. Amazing!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcellus A
La Grange Park, il USA
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were blown away when we arrived by the great service and a different kind of room. The yurts were a unique way to stay with great views and amazing sunsets. The hikes everyday were planned out the night before based on what you were comfortable with, the guides were very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. The best part of the hike was our sundowners before heading back to camp :) the food was awesome and the lamb roast was one of a kind. This was a great place to stay while exploring Torres del Paine, just a short van ride to the park. The weather changes on a dime there so layers are key! The wind is always blowing but that is all part of the experience. I highly recommend Patagonia Camp!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary Kate D
Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
Reviewed April 17, 2012

the best place to stay if you want to visit torres del paines great views and exellent food
all the personal make you have a great time
recomended for everyone

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Benjamoli
Santiago
Reviewed April 15, 2012

As a marketing expert and brand developer I can say that visiting Patagonia is one thing, but experiencing Patagonia is a different story.

I have traveled many places and being inside nature, feeling part of its environment and being treated with fine details as an exclusive guest has been part of my objectives when I travel. In Patagonia Camp I found all of these three and more. As I said, visiting Patagonia is not the same as experiencing Patagonia through Patagonia Camp. Patagonia Camp gave me and my family the unique possibility of being “part” of Patagonia, experiencing its true value and magic from its hart, not just as an outsider that “looks and passes through”, but as a true member of this incredible part of the world.

In Patagonia Camp you are part of Patagonia; you live it and enjoy it in a different and unique way.

We can´t be more thankful for the true Patagonia experience that we all lived.

Thank you Patagonia Camp, we will be back.

Cristian, Paula, Diego & Amparo

Room Tip: All rooms (realy yurts...more than a room) are great. They all look at lake Toro with view to "...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family