I spent five nights at Patagonia Camp earlier this month based on the great reviews I read on TA.
I could not have been more pleased with this choice. I knew up front that it was about a 20 minute ride on an unpaved road from Patagonia Camp to the Serrano River entrance to Torres del Paine National Park.
I made all my arrangements via direct e-mail communication via their web site. It was easy to arrange my on time pick up at my hotel in Punta Arenas and my on time drop off at the Punta Arenas airport to catch my afternoon flight back to Santiago.
As described by multiple prior reviewers the yurts at Patagonia Camp are unique and well appointed and the views out over Lago Toro are breathtaking.
I thought that the breakfast options were varied and well presented. There were two dinner options each night and each of the varied entrees that I had were delicious.
I have a specific significant food allergy and everyone involved with the preparation and serving of my meals was cognizant of my dietary restrictions and tasty alternatives were prepared specifically for my needs.
I went on walks each of the four days that I was there with two great guides(Mariano & Xavi).
Three of these walks were all day journeys and the lunch that was brought along was well prepared and the guides and drivers went out of their way to accommodate each guest's needs.
The concern and attention to the guest's needs at Patagonia Camp merits special praise from me. My mother developed a life-threatening illness that required hospitalization in the U.S. while I was at Patagonia Camp. I was aware that there is no cell phone service at Patagonia Camp but I was able to communicate with my wife easily and effectively using the computer in the main building that was available to me 24/7 and I could have used the satellite phone had I needed to. It also was made clear to me that if I had needed to leave for the Punta Arenas airport prior to my scheduled departure date(which fortunately was not the case) that someone would have gladly taken me a day or two sooner than planned. Everyone at Patagonia Camp was genuinely concerned about my mother's health and were happy to aid me in any way they possibly could through this troubling time.
When it was time to leave there was not a single additional charge added to what I had prepaid for this stay.
Everything that I had been promised was delivered on.
As my favorite philosopher Yogi Berra might say: You can't make a "wrong mistake" taking any of the outings that the knowledgeable guides at Patagonia Camp recommend to you. The wildfires last year made going on the Mirador Condor walk a poor option. I thought that the three full day trips I took to Lago Grey & Mirador Lago Toro, Salto Grande,Cascada Paine & Laguna Azul and the Porteria Sarmiento to Porteria Laguna Armaga walks were all terrific in very different ways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along the Shore of Toro Lake in a region of extraordinary beauty, Patagonia Camp is the first luxury camp in South America with a chic collection of glamorous Yurts. The camp's 18 impeccable and spacious Yurts are comfortable and stylishly furnished, equipped with central heating, ensuite bathrooms and even views of the stars through a central window in the roof. Activities include kayaking, fishing, scenic tours, hiking and trekking in the Torres del Paine National Park, recently named The 8th Wonder of the World, only 15 kilometers away. The restaurant offers a variety of typical Patagonian food with a gourmet touch, such as King Crab, Patagonian Lamb, Austral Salmon and more! Patagonia Camp is a unique nature experience and a truly different and new concept of accommodation in a close contact with the natural environment and with great comfort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Patagonia Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patagonia Camp Hotel Torres Del Paine
- Patagonia Camp Aisen Region/Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile