“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Preveza
Larnaca, Larnaca, Cyprus
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

great decorated clean rooms and the service is great. really the best choice ...... great suitable loccation and in very woderfull area with greatview. stayed for one night and looking forward to coming again . the reception was very helpfull and friendly and the rooms decoration are just perfect for anyone .....hopefully if we manage to come to preveza again this will for sure be our choice again. thank you. gina and yiannis spyridonidis from cyprus

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

What a hidden diamond in middle of Preveza town .. Great location friendly service, nice rooms, parking ok but sometimes a bit tight :) .. But thats the whole town as parking .. Breakky was good and nice view ! Will be there soon again

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Lippomagnum44
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed for only 1 night en route to Vassiliki. What a find. Really lovely boutique hotel in a seaside town. Very close to the marina and shopping, surrounded by great restaurants and tavernas.

We had booked a suite which was huge. We arrived late evening and were greeted very warmly. Excellent service (far better than most larger hotels) and the bed was the best we slept in on our entire holiday.

Simple, fresh and satisfying breakfast on the rooftop terrace.

Would love to go back and explore the area more - would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bgnmc13
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in a junior suite. I have stayed in quite a few "five star" hotels that offer much poorer levels of service and accommodation.

Special mention has to go to the reception staff who were efficient, friendly and helpful beyond the call of duty!

Should I have to return to Preveza I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank luckybrit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

On our way from southern Greece towards Corfu, we stopped in Preveza. What a surprise! A really pleasant little city with a great atmosphere... As for the hotel: great service, polite and very helpful staff. It is ideally situated close to the pedestrian shopping street and the seafront. Traveling with two small children, we were given a large room with a queen size bed and a couch bed, all very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank dizurik
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Preveza isn't exactly the tourist capital of Greece, and I'm certain that we would never have visited if it wasn't for my father who lives there. With this in mind, The Dioni turned out to be a great surprise and we will definitely stay there again if the opportunity arises.

Before I go into details, one quick point of clarification. I booked The Dioni through expedia.co.uk which shows this hotel as two star. Fortunately I read Tripadvisor before I booked as I was looking for a three star minimum, and having now stayed at this hotel I can only assume that either Expedia or The Dioni have made a mistake with the rating. I would rate this hotel as a strong three star and possibly a four star hotel and I will provide feedback to the hotel and Expedia to see if this can be corrected.

Now, the details...

We stayed for three nights in a 'Junior Suite' - room 109 to be precise. We arrived in the evening and parked in the carpark behind the hotel. The Diona has a sign on the main street through Preveza, directing you to the hotel, however it is very small and we drove past it once without noticing. If you're driving into Preveza from the tunnel, keep an eye out on the right side of the street for a small, pale green sign with 'Dioni' written on it. If you get to the first roundabout you've gone too far.

As we had prepaid for the room, checkin was almost instaneous and we were given our key within thirty seconds of arriving. Our suite was on the first floor with a small balcony overlooking the front of the hotel but there are no views of anything other than the street, albeit a very quiet one.

The room, like the rest of the hotel, is decorated in a moderm, minimalistic style with nice interior design touches throughout. There is a sofa and table to justify the 'suite' and the bathroom was a pretty standard size with a shower over the bath, which I personally found quite narrow at the shoulders, but good enough for a quick soak.

The A/C in the room did its job but will not let you set a temperature lower than 23 degrees, although this turned out to be cool enough to need a duvet which was stored in the wardrober instead of just the sheet provided on the bed. As someone who likes it cool when he sleeps, the A/C was just fine.

The television in the room has a number of channels however the only english-speaking one was CNN at the time of our visit. Not really a problem for us as we weren't there to watch telly!

I had two problems with the suite overall, neither of which I reported to the hotel as I did not feel they would affect my satisfaction enough to warrant it. The first was the safe, which was not functioning. The second was the drainage plug in the bathroom floor would overflow when you unplugged the bath. The first time it flooded quite badly but I think the problem is that the bath empties so quickly that the drains cannot cope. In the ended I folded a wet towel over the drain and stood on it when I emptied the bath! It seemed to do the trick.

The public areas of the hotel are fantastic and decorated to a very high standard. The bar/restaurant area is a great place to relax and reminded me of some of the four and five star boutique hotels in the UK. The breakfast area on the top floor has excellent panoramic views of Preveza's rooftops and the bay, so don't miss out. Speaking of missing out, we showed up too late for breakfast one morning, only for the staff to knock on our door to deliver coffee and pastries to our room of their own accord. It was a really nice touch and we were very grateful to them.

I wouldn't call The Dioni 'cheap', however the location and the service more than made up for the £90ish per night we were charged.

If we ever come back to Preveza, we won't hesitate to book The Dioni again.

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet area generally and all junior suites are on the first floor so you may exper...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
6 Thank TaiFighter
Evia, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Absolutely beautiful, especially the bar restaurant at the lobby has the most beautiful decoration you can imagine, art objects everywhere at lobby, even the corridors are renovated and beautifully decorated, you don't forget not for a moment that you are in a boutique hotel. But the top of all is the bed, the matresses and pillows, they are Cocomat, a greek company which make high quality ecological matresses, pillows etc, so comfortable, it had many pillows from Cocomat pillow menu so you could choose what suits you best! Teh sheets on bed were so clean and fresh as they were brand new!
The whole room was pretty big, not spacious, but comfortable for boutique hotel. Nice decoration, little decorative details, art design objects. Everywhere in room very clean.
The bathroom was clean like brand new - the whole hotel is brand new - with bathtube, glass at the half place of bathroom to prevent water from shower, nice big mirror, Korres shampoo, bath foam and body lotion, milk soap for very delicate skin. Nice decoration.
The breakfast was very good, eggs in different ways, bacon, sausages, etc. different sweets, croissants. It is served on roof garden which is nice with nice view at old city. The only problem which is a big one is that it is served from 7 to 10, that's very limited. We were forced to wake up at 9 to prevent to eat breakfast and we were on holidays. That stressed me and ruined my good mood. They should definetely fix it. At last the price of the room was 80 euros, a very good price I think for all these it offers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple