“Very nice surprise!”

and 1 more site!
Bacoli Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Preveza
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I haven't ever heard about Parga before last June. I took a quicktrip to Greece at the beginning of June 2013. Bacoli Hotel sounded fine. And it was. I didn't expect anything luxury suite accomodation or something extraordinary. But nevertheless I was surprised. The warmth of Bacoli crew was overwhelming.

Hotel is quite near beach, restaurants, bakery, pharmacy, bus station... Location is almost perfect. So I liked it. Perfect for me.

Room was small, built in two levels. Downstairs there were small kitchen and bathroom. Upstairs was "loveshack" - bedroom I mean. Room with a bed. What else you can hope. Suited us fine.
We sat every morning in our small garden under the lemontree having our own breakfast.

I have to mention specially the poolbar crew. Carmen almost broke my heart, she was so nice and done everything in such elegant way. Other staff was also very fine.

Parga is a great place to visit and trip around were worth of euros spent. Beaches are clean and nice. Food... excellent as you can expect in Greece but in Parga... stunning. And cheap.

I will be back in Parga and also in Bacoli Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juha_Bee
There are newer reviews for Bacoli Hotel

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I think the location were perfect , not too far away and neither to close , and the service and the staff were just excellent , they almost treat everyone like family members and a nicer staff i think you cant find ! :) the prices were afordable and the food and drinks at the bar was good :) all inn all the hotel was perfect for my stay and i think it will be for others too ! I will definatly go back !

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank joackim95
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hm....not too bad for my first trip to parga.....I took a risk with last minute offer....and I loved it
The hotel can do better at the breakfast menu.....it was good and if the will add more different type of food I think more people will be satisfied....
My room.....second floor....noisy neighbors but with a nice view....I would have loved a sea view but for a last minute it worth. Every day cleaned, nice cleaning personal and funny.
Pool area...very beautiful....nice people working there as well....clean and worm water....after all day in the sea side it was relaxing to read a book next to the pool and drink a glass of white wine...specialy when you're welcomed with a smile
Also Nice Party!!!!!!
Parga town......quiet and just on my taste.... i totaly recomand Parga and BAcoli Hotel

Room Tip: 3rd floor have sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was in Bacoli in August, Interesting experience....
The room small but clean and wi-fi....new towels , sheets and service every day....Barbara the cleaning ladie was a joy every morning and not only then...
Nice pool...deep and clean.....a little too much kids in it but HEY it was vacation for everybody.
Clean area and tasty fresh cocktails.....and an INTERESTING Greek party in the pool area....we were swimming in the pool...listen good live Greek music.....the so called "stifado" made by the boss himself was delicious.....I enjoyed a lot the party....and was nice to see some Greek dance stiles.
Ok place and you had what to do in the times when you felt lazy to go out....... the time spent in the bar area was nice......very friendly people there..... the boss was also in the bar area making also drinks and trying to make us feel like home....in his home
Every place has its ups and downs....and I had very nice time also walking every day (almooost) until Valtos....a beautiful beach and to Lichnos (or something like that).
Good restaurants and bars in the area so if you do not feel like staying in the hotel area....you can easily take your party in the town....I made some nice trips on the islands around....so in a vacation is not all about the hotel....is about the places you see....and Parga worth it for me....and I went with No expectations...and I had a good time and I think Bacoli Hotel was perfect .....

Room Tip: apartments around the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The location is good, but the sound insulation in the hotel is quite bad so prepare with earplugs.
Breakfast was a bit disappointing, but the pool is quite nice (altough with the warm sea you don't really need a pool in Parga).
Parga itself is a very nice place so highly recommend traveling there!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GemmaEspoo
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I spent one week at Bacoli Hotel and unfortunately I don't have many good things to say about it. The rooms were very dark and small (I think we even paid extra to stay on the top floor), especially the bathroom. We had trouble with getting the air-conditioner to work and the staff were not particularly interested in helping us. The view was poor. The balcony the tiniest "shoebox" ever. The breakfast - really, really poor. I am never going back to this place, but Parga in itself was nice.One good thing - it was clean!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nianubi
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went to Parga the second week in August 2012, and I had done a lot of research as to what hotel we would choose within our price range. We would either choose Bacoli or Milos. Milos was smaller and without a swimming pool but had great reviews and Bacoli was the better hotel (according to our agents web pages) and had a swimming pool, but the reviews were not all that good. In the end we chose Bacoli.

The outdoor area inside the hotel complex is really beautiful and the swimming pool is deep and nice. We're not the kind of people who like to stay at the hotel during the day, but I for one enjoy having a dip in the pool after a long day at the beach. The bar really isn't much to brag about, it is ok, but that's about it. Some of the drinks are good and some are aweful and the food is just regular bar food chips and the like. The prices vary but they are high enough to make me rather go somewhere else, but we didn't travel to Parga to stay at the hotel now did we! If you are hungry and don't want to go far I would recommend "Thomas Taverna" just down the street. They are really cheap, has good service and the food is great!

We had an apartment. It was very nice, with a small kitchen and bathroom on the lower floor and a nice bedroom upstairs. You had to climb very narrow spiral stairs to get up to the bedroom, so this is definitely not a room I would suggest to elderly or people with leg problems. The bed was very big but a little too hard for my boy friends taste but I found it very good. The shower was huge and very nice. The only thing about the apartment I would comment on in a bad way is that the bathroom was very poorly lit and because of it it gives the impression that they are hiding the fact that it is dirty. With a closer look, it didn't seem dirty, but still I would like more light.

They cleaned the rooms every day and gave us new sheets and towels every other day. The apartments come with air condition (thank God) and it is free. Since I am from Norway I really need it to be cool for me to sleep, the only problem with that is that you wake up in the middle of the night almost freezing to death because all you've got to cover yourself with is a thin linen sheet, so if you are anything like me I would suggest bringing something a bit warmer/heavier to cover yourself with (I had to do with my clothes:P)

The internet at the hotel is a joke! you get 15 minutes every day for free, but there is only one user allowed and once you've started you can't use 5 minutes and come back for the 10 minutes later. You can off course pay for more! This really didn't weigh the hotel down, I just thought it was funny. There is a computer in the lobby that has free internet though.

The staff seemed nice enough, maybe a little grumpy when I asked about the boats leaving for the different beaches. He wasn't very helpful and said I would have to go down to the harbor. When I went down to the harbor they had a flyer with different beaches, prices and times. I should think it wouldn't be a problem for the staff to keep one of these flyers at the hotel for guest to read..

It is a nice an quiet hotel with a lot of Scandinavians or nordic people, heck the whole of Parga is covered with scandinavians! I would definitively recommend the hotel and I would probably like to go back there. We also passed by Milos on the way to town and it seemed like a really sweet hotel, and considered that it is very close to Bacoli and you are allowed to use the pool at Bacoli I should think it is a good alternative as well.

A last tip, if you travel to Parga and you want to escape the tourists or the queue walking in the tourist streets I recommend taking all the beautiful back streets. They are so calm at night with beautiful houses to look at. We startet walking to the top the first day and ate us the way down the next days haha. There are so many small, nice restaurants with amazing food in the side streets that are all the more better for people who don't want a norwegian family with five screaming children sitting next to them;P

Also there are several beaches around Parga. Two very close by and two not that far away. The boats can also take you to small beaches with no people but yourself! My favorite beach was Sarakiniko. We had to pay 10 euro per person each way to get there, but it was so worth it! It was not too big and there was almost only Greek people there. It was also more windy which was nice since it was very warm on the days we were there. But you should try out all the beaches and find one that suits you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lotte S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Preveza
Margarona Royal Hotel
#1 of 10 in Preveza
Preveza City Hotel
Preveza City Hotel
#9 of 10 in Preveza

Been to Bacoli Hotel? Share your experiences!