“Strongly recommended for church camp and meeting/conference”
Review of The Katerina Hotel

The Katerina Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Batu Pahat
Singapore, Singapore
“Strongly recommended for church camp and meeting/conference”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

NUGCF Singapore has our retreat in Hotel Katerina from 6th-8th.December 2012. Overall, the servicing team, the hotel rooms, supporting facilities and the hotel location is perfect and excellent. We strongly recommend the hotel for church camp and meeting/conference

Room Tip: We have all the renovated rooms and it is value for moneyW
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have come to Batu Pahat for business trip the last five years and have the opportunity to stay in a few of the so called good hotel here and I have to said the Katerina Hotel is the top. Thumbs up for the tasteful and comfortable renovated room. In all fairness, we have to compare apple to apple, as there is no hotel comparable to this hotel as the rooms are central a/c and not split a/c, the hotel has gymnasium and swimming pool and it has full staffing to service the guest. Operation cost in such hotel is much, much higher than other budget hotel here and thus their price is consider good

Room Tip: The renovated room is good.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 974doremi
Batu Gajah, Malaysia
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Quite a moderate hotel but looking around I think maybe this is the best in town. I got a room on the 9th floor and the view facing North was good. I could see as far as Mount Ophir at Johor-Melaka border. Located in front of the hotel is the Store supermarket. Everything is nearby as the hotel is located at the heart of the town. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool and gym. Little variety for breakfast but the nasi lemak was good. Staff are very polite.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors for good views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The stay at Katerina hotel was generally good and comfortable, but the service provided was really disappointing. My sister held her wedding banquet in this hotel, and reserved 3 rooms with this hotel; but when I requested to use the wifi, I was charged RM10 for one hour! Even 1-2 stars hotels nowadays provide free wifi at common public area. And this wifi is only for one device, that means after I logged on to the internet from my laptop I can't access internet from my mobile phone using the same password, which is rather ridiculous. When I requested to print for one single-page black and white boarding pass, the lobby staff said it will be charged RM2 per page. It is not the RM2 that matters to me, but rather the inflexible service after my huge spending which quite puts me off. I think the staff could be more flexible with their services, sometimes the little favours that you do without 'charging' all the time is what keeps the guests coming back in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kent_chong88
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Location is along a main road in BP. Glutton street looks walkable in about 20mins. Rooms need better maintenance. My room had a light not working. Toilet light was hard to find and the switch's button had dropped off. 2 access cards were provided but only 1 worked. Single sofa in room had covers that are ripped. Most frustrating would be that shower gel provided are in packets that are hard to tear open. Breakfast wasn't very good either. On the positive side, the service staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed October 25, 2012

As recommended by some of our friends, we went to have a look at this hotel in view of organizing a retreat or short get away for our company.

We had been there few years back, now returning, this hotel has just undergone a make-over. The room is spacious, clean & comfortable. We had a sunrise view from the room we stayed!

There is a small shop selling clothing from infant to adult, price starting from RM6 onwards, you may be surprised to find branded stuff there. Worth making a trip!

We enjoyed our 1 nigth stay with friendly hotel staff, hotel event organiser and hotel manager.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
kuala lumpur
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My company have our strategy meeting organized in Hotel Katerina, Batu Pahat. As our management team comprises of 1 Malaysia Team, we choose to find a hotel having an official Jakim Halal Certification and thus our final selection. We are indeed happy that the hotel delivered halal, tasty and delicious food and the servicing is remarkable as the banquet team is efficient and diligent. The hotel rooms been newly renovated is clean, tidy and a class of its own. I have to give them credit for their effort in improving so much and giving value to guest as the swimming pool and gym is a plus.

Room Tip: Choose a renovated room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business