“No Security AT ALL”
Review of Streetview Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Muar
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Muar
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Someone tried breaking into our room at broad daylight, around 0715hrs!!!!
Best part is this person has a valid electronic key which is needed for the elevator and room.
We booked three rooms check-in on 25 May 2013 for one night. My sister and I were staying in a room next to the staircase.
At around 0715hr on 26 May 2013, we woke up and I was still lazing on my bed. My sister was at the door when she heard someone at the door. She thought it was my another sister who stayed next door, Room 1022. My Room number is 1026.
I heard my sister repeatedly asked "who is that???" but no answer and then the door was pushed open!!!!! Luckily we had the metal latch on and it open only a small gap. My sister panicked and she pushed close the door and looked into the small hole on the door. She sees no one!!!! Next thought is, very quickly I called my sister next door to be careful as she was alone.
We inform the receptionist and she had taken it so lightly at about 0800hrs. She kept giving us that kind of "there is nothing I can do" look...
Finally, she told us that she will ask the Management to check the CCTV. When we ask if the Manager can do it immediately. Her reply was the Manager is not in and we can fill up the feedback form and the Management will look into the matter.
My cousin sister who is staying in Muar called the hotel the next morning and afternoon and the answer she had was the Manager is out for lunch.
Until today we have not received any reply from the Management.

I strongly DO NOT RECOMMEND anyone to stay in this hotel as there is no security at all.
Many things could have happen if we did not use the metal latch. We may end up robbed, raped or even killed. How can the hotel allow such things to happen in the broad daylight and doing nothing even matter is brought up to their attention.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank dl_tyj
streetviewhotel, Manager at Streetview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Customer,

First of all, we would like to apologise for all the inconveniences caused and understand your unpleasant experience during your stay in our hotel.

We had done an internal investigation & confirmed based on our CCTV recordings that the person who accidentally opened your room’s door was our staff. This happened because of the miscommunication between our staffs. During that particular time, there was a customer who checked out from “Room 2026”. Due to miscommunication, our staff was wrongly informed by the Front Desk that “Room 1026” was to check out. Due to that, our staff went to your room to do the routine check & did not practice the Standard Operation Procedure to press the doorbell or knock the door before entering in case that there are still occupants in the room.

We apologise again for this situation and we will take note of it to avoid this matter from happening again in the future. Furthermore, we have taken action and issued a warning letter to our staff. Hope you would accept our sincere apology.

We appreciate your patronage and hope that this incident would not keep you away from returning to our hotel.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Streetview Hotel

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for a night in early March 2013, my family occupied 2 rooms opposite to each other.

The location is good, in the middle of the town and the famous Glutton Street (贪食街 / Avenue 4) is just around the corner, therefore it is very convenient to get food during day time. However it's all quiet when coming close to midnight, don't expect to get supper around even though it's in middle of the town, almost all the shops and stalls were closed during that hour, it's likely not a night life area.

The hotel area and the rooms are clean and neat, and the lift comes with access card security feature. There's free parking area based on availability.

Hotel room itself is cozy and decent, quite liking the room design (as in budget hotel) -- it is simple and well equipped -- clothes hanging corner, trash can are available in the room as well as wash room, small cattle to boil water, bench and corner to put luggage, heater shower etc. Btw, if I'm not mistaken, there's no hair dryer provided in the room but not sure if could be upon request. And I remembered the Astro comes with one or two popular Chinese channels which was a little pleasant surprise to me. Wifi is available in the room but signal seems poor.

However, sound proof of the building does not work so good, as I can hear the crying of my baby niece from the opposite room during the night.

In overall, liking the room design, cleanliness and location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cheerish88
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Booked executive room which was very spacious. Based on experiences at other budget hotels, I was expecting the room to reek of stale tobacco smell but it was generally clean and odorless. Decor and furnishing is basic but everything works, including the hot water and air-con. Receptionist and housekeeping staffs were very responsive and friendly. Managed to get a good night's rest. For those who drive, there is complimentary parking on the premise with gate and guard. In addition, hotel provided wifi in the room, but not sure if wifi is provided for other room types though.

Just to clarify, I rate the hotel as very good in comparison to other budget hotels that I've stayed in, and not to 5 star establishments.

Side note: Hotel was a short stroll to Muar's food street. But except for a few stalls here and there, the street was curiously deserted on a Saturday morning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jpmugen
Reviewed December 31, 2012

In this small town, decent location with a little shopping and food stalls nearby. You can use their WIFI in the lobby....i like the bed and the simple pleasant renovation with clean toilet as it is new.....

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank david8998
streetviewhotel, Manager at Streetview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear David,

Thank you for your visit and spend the time to post your valuable comment.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Value for money, I'm staying for 2 nights, room price reasonable. Hotel is clean,security personel taking care of parking area which is gated. I think they maintain really well in terms of cleanliness and I've a very good 2 nights sleep because the bed and pillows are just too comfortable.Counter service also very helpfull

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank azmanitravel a
streetviewhotel, Manager at Streetview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your visit and post your valuable comment. We are happy to know that you had a a great and comfortable exprience in our hotel.

Hope you will continue to support us.

Regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is my second visit to this hotel after my last visit in year 2011... For a budget hotel, I think they maintain really well in terms of cleanliness and I've a very good 2 nights sleep because the bed and pillows are just too comfortable... Although limited free parking space is available, what can I ask for since the rooms is only RM90++... Some budget hotels don't even provide free parking as well... Another plus point is the free Wifi connectivity is surprisingly fast...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank calvin_alex
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and your kind review of our hotel.
We look forward to your visit again.

Yours sincerely,
The Management Team

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I'm the one saying my fruits get stolen when we checked in last year October. You said as the skin of the fruits is peeled off and most of them is rotten that's y the cleaner "help" us to throw it away.
1st: I'll like to tell u, it's JAMBU, freshly picked at my relatives' garden. All not ripe ones, therefore could not be rotten. As it's JAMBU, the skin wouldn't be peeled off.
2nd: Even if the cleaner want to throw our "rotten, peeled" fruits, shouldn't they inform us or get the front desk people to inform us? FYI, no one told us the cleaner "HELP" us to clear our fruits.
3rd: The JAMBU just picked the day before they disappear. All not ripe, can they ripe over nite?
Actually, we do not intent to pursue the matter, we only hope to highlight to the management of the hotel so that you could be aware and improve your service.
Instead, you are accusing us for slandering your hotel's service. YOU really need to REVIEW your staff's ethic code, and the way you handle your customer's complaint.
God Bless you and your hotels. I really hope you can get better staff.

Thank you for your time here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank moon c
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for writing back to us.

Since your last feedback, we have taken countermeasures to improve our service to all our guests.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and your family.

Yours sincerely,
Street View Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Muar
Muo Boutique Hotels
#9 of 13 in Muar
Hatten Hotel Melaka
Hatten Hotel Melaka
#13 of 167 in Melaka

Been to Streetview Hotel? Share your experiences!