“Great Value, Clean & Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Townview Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Muar
Townview Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Muar
Johor Bahru
“Great Value, Clean & Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel with my partner for one night and we were very satisfied with the overall hotel. Before we reached the hotel, we called & made a booking. But the hotel reception told me that the deluxe room (RM 60) has fully booked and only left superior deluxe room just RM 65 only. So, we decided to take superior deluxe room.
During our stayed, the room had queen & a single bed with six pillows which is very clean & comfortable. Some more, the hotel provided the Free-Wi-Fi in the room & hotel area. Conclusion, we can say that the hotel price is reasonable with a big, clean room. We will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank rickywwl

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

After some thorough survey, I decided to stay in Townview Hotel for the price, location and some pretty positive reviews... but to my disappointment, it's even worse than my stay in Batu Pahat & Segamat. It took me quite a while to finally find a parking lot as the area is very busy. The exterior of the hotel looks ok... but the interior is rather bad. Of course at RM60 a night, I wouldn't expect it to be great... but i didn't expect it to be that bad. When I entered the room, I was greeted by a somewhat irritating mouldy smell... seriously it stinks. I had to spray the room with my Hermes fragrance to mask the unpleasant smell and of course it didn't work out. The carpet looks very dirty with patches of stain. It also feels sticky when stepping on it. I had to waer my own slipper at all time when i'm in the room. Luckily the air-con is working with the controller mounted on the wall. I do not think I will stay in this hotel again...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mal_NKS

Travelers are raving about these Muar hotels

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Reserved this hotel as it offers 2 Queen-size beds in its Premier Deluxe Room (RM70), so we thought it was suitable for family with young kids. Was a little disappointed that the room given was on Mezzanine level, but turned out OK, as the room (M50) does not have any windows (not even one), so we did not get any street noise.

The surprise was that there were some German cockroaches found in the dressing table and in the toilet. Otherwise, the room & toilet looks clean.

Likes:
1. Price - you cannot beat RM70 for a room with 2 Queen-size beds.
2. Reasonable cleanliness. Service is OK - the receptionist was able to tell us the official coupon-parking hours (8 am to 5.30 pm) for the roadside parking in front of hotel.
3. Room size is reasonable.
4. Free secured Wi-Fi at lobby and room. Ask Hotel reception for password.

Can be improved:
1. Pest Control (do something about the cockroaches in the room).
2. Bathroom should have a simple shower curtain to separate the shower area from the rest of the bathroom.
3. Shower head needs to have adjustable tilt or tilt holder, so that the water will shower downwards, instead of towards the sink.
4. Drainage for sink was not professionally done (see picture). It drains straight into the drain hole, which was not covered. Perhaps this is where the cockroaches appear...
5. Pillow case appeared old/ not white. Can be thicker material, and whiter.
6. No separate non-smoking room /level provided. The lobby and corridor smelled of tobacco.
7. The very small and limited hotel car park behind was full, and looks really run-down and not maintained. Would not advise anyone to park their new car in that carpark, as it is really cramped, and may be easy to get your car knocked or scratched.

For the price we paid for the room, I guess we cannot expect more.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank zksk
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

Rooms are pretty big, clean and quiet. Hotel supplies soap and towel, but not razors nor toothbrush/paste. Internet wifi is available on every level. So choose the correct one and you should get decent speed.

At my visit, the current owner also owns A1 Ayam food processing plant, so there are advertisement posters of A1 Ayam in the room :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank takula
KL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2009

Was supposed to stay in Riverview Hotel during my outstation trip this time as I have been a frequent guest there for the past 1 year; however I was told that the rooms are all fully occupied! I was disappointed but not suprised as the hotel has always been above averge in overall!

However the frontdesk has recommended that I can choose to stay in Townview Hotel (another hotel under the same group) which is about 5 mins drive away. To my surprise, they even offer shuttle service from Riverview Hotel to Townview Hotel!!
I was... truly AMAZED!!

The lobby and the room are in good & comfortable condition.
In a nutshell, it is a small hotel that truly cares & offers its best!

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Quack2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muar
Inn Home Hotel
Popchuco Art Gallery Homestay
Sabak Awor Resort
Sabak Awor Resort
#6 of 11 in Muar

Been to Townview Hotel? Share your experiences!