We decided to book 2 rooms here during the Chinese New Year as the better hotels were fully booked. Unfortunately that turned out to be a mistake. While we weren't expecting much for the price that we paid, we did hope the the room was in better shape after reading positive reviews about the place.
Disappointingly our room was stuffy, smelt damp and the window could not be opened to air it. The bed sheets, although relatively clean bore traces of stains that had remained even after washing. The beds were hard. The bathroom was cramped and the peeling window hardly looked appealing. The part that disgusted me most were the aircond vents that was riddled with horrible looking mold all over. Obviously it had not been cleaned for a while. It was dreadful putting up 2 nights there hoping we weren't inhaling harmful spores in from the mold. My husband's sinus flared up due to the stuffy condition. The towels looked unclean and smelt funny so we ended up using our own.
Another setback is there are no lifts here. We specifically requested for the 1st floor (lowest floor) to ease the trip up and down for my parents. Definitely not recommended for old people. The noise from the corridor (people walking to and from their rooms) resounded way too loudly for our comfort. The only commendation I have of this hotel is the friendly and helpful staff as well as its convenient location that's within walking distance to nearby eateries. Parking was also relatively easy to find and near. Nevertheless, this will be our first and last stay there.