“Super Relaxing”

Belleville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Super Relaxing”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I indulged in a therapeutic massage as well as a Turkish Massage. The Turkish massage was very nice with the different scents and the use of different fabrics which was nice for a change. I preferred the therapeutic massage. I also had the male masseuse that was mentioned in a previous review. I found him to be quite professional. There were times while stretching that I felt exposed but it didn't creep me out.
I enjoyed both spa experiences.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank freebrin

Sudbury, ON
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent vacation”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was our sixth trip to Cuba and the first to this resort. It is first class. It is exceptionally clean. The staff are very friendly and the manager is hands on and visible and approachable. It's a small resort so nothing is far away. It's all adult so no screaming children. It's quiet and if you want a place to relax this is it. The food selection was excellent and preparation and presentation were great.

The butlers tend to your every wish. Staff in general will do everything they can to accomodate you.

Being a small resort, (105) rooms there are never any lineups.

This is one of the few resorts where the pictures you see online actually reflect what is there.

We met a lot of great people from all over Canada.

We'll definately be back next year.

One suggestion, to avoid the long bus ride from the airport which stops at various resorts, take a cab. It costs 70 pesos plus tip but gets you there in half the time and it's actually a relaxing ride.

Visited March 2013
8 Thank Viper01
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Creepy massage”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had a "rum massage" at the Melia Buenavista Resort and "Spa" on Christmas Day 2012. It was like being groped by a wino.

When massaging the backs of my legs, the male 50-something masseuse, who barely spoke English, pulled the sheet up a little too roughly, left it a little too loose and exposed too much of the back of each leg for my liking. As he worked at the top of my thigh his hand slipped between my legs way too often for my comfort level.

When I turned onto my back, he covered my eyes with a folded towel. I was uncomfortable and removed it. He massaged my stomach (my chest and legs were covered) which I've never had done because it is considered rather personal. As he worked on my shoulders, his hand slipped under the sheet, between my breasts at least once. All the while, his big hairy arm kept brushing against my chin.

Not relaxing. I have complained formally to the Melia-Sol hotel chain (January 25, 2013) because I continue to feel creeped out, indeed violated. No Feliz Navidad here.

My advice: always ask the spa manager what training each masseuse has. Better yet, grab some run and enjoy the beach. Linda, Toronto, ON

6 Thank Linda A