Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
4,359 results
All reviews lower pool quesadilla sunset restaurant lobster beach bar butler service memories resort next door the general manager small resort dinner reservations other resorts luxury resort infinity pool chicken a la carte the bus bubble bath
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from Royalton Cayo Santa Maria after our first visit this past week. We’ve been to Cuba a few times and were hesitant to go back because of poor experiences at other resorts - but we loved the beach at Cayo Santa Maria so we decided to try again. At this resort we received first class treatment by our butlers, including cappuccinos delivered to our room every morning, help booking spa appointments, and more. We upgraded our room to an ocean view, and it was everything we hoped for - beautiful view, hot showers, and everything we needed. There isn’t a typical buffet, the food selection is limited - but we never wanted for anything and were very happy at every meal (great Spanish wine helped). We especially liked the local musicians after dinner in the lobby - but would have preferred them playing Cuban music, and less Hotel California :). We also liked that the resort was smaller, people were typically quieter, and it wasn’t filled with young people looking for hook-ups. The staff were all very friendly, and we felt well looked after. We plan to go back again. I did notice a number of people complaining about the resort at the airport - but for the friendliness, quality of amenities, and value for dollar, I can’t find any fault.

Room tip: Book an ocean view room
3  Thank pureroger
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Royalton Cayo Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you at Royalton Cayo Santa Maria and for sharing your experience with us. It is inspiring to see that our efforts are appreciated as we are constantly working to exceed our guests’ expectations. We are glad that you experienced a luxurious stay and enjoyed our facilities. Also we are happy to hear that you enjoyed beautiful beach and the service provided by our staff.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Cayo Santa Maria.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed one glorious week. We didn't have any issues, we were in villa 7 and we loved the garden and its proximity to the pool.

The hospitality , in particular, for us, Enrique, Kenny, Marisol and Antonio all working at the Sunset 24 hour restaurant, made us feel so welcomed and special. The meals at Sunset were also our favorite. THE MEALS are more simple and less fancy than the main two restaurants. I would suggest to them to consider this kind of menu more often .
The rooms were perfectly air-conditioned (refreshibg) the cleaning staff kept it so clean and cozy. A delight. And the pools were excellently maintained and always cool and refreshing.
We had the best time.
Cuba has been through so much adversity and I know life there can be a struggle. I feel such an affection for Cuba. The tenacity, community and heart that the people have in spades is beautiful. I hope the staff are treated like gold for the amazing integral part they play in the guests enjoyment of a Royalton vacation. .
I also bought an oil painting of Havana at the Marketplace and met the talented artist himself. I will admire this painting everyday and remember Cuba too.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Laurette I,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you at Royalton and for sharing your experience with us. It is inspiring to see that our efforts are appreciated as we are constantly working to exceed our guests’ expectations. We are glad that you experienced a luxurious stay and enjoyed our facilities. Also we are happy to hear that you enjoyed beautiful beach and the service provided by our staff.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Cayo Santa Maria.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We just returned from our third vacation at the Royalton Resort and plan to return next year again. This is a small, adult only facility with the nicest people ever working there.

Firstly, this is Cuba. There are many items that they cannot get but they do an amazing job with the resources that they have. The food is very good but the choices are limited. One guy walked out of the breakfast buffet moaning that there was nothing to eat there. Well here is a partial list, omelets, pancakes, crepes, cereal, cold meat, cheeses, toast, fruit, yogurt, pickles, olives, water, coffee, juice, pastries, syrups, dried figs, apricots, dates and a whole lot more. If you cant find something good to eat there you best stay home!

The room was great, ac worked fine, lots of hot water and good pressure. Towels and bedding shows wear but was clean. The grounds are beautiful thanks to the gardeners who keep it that way. Both pools are clean and well kept. The buildings show wear here and there but we saw several things repaired since last year.

There are little sand fleas that bite and some people react to these (me for one). Repellent helps a bit but my savior was antihistamines daily! Most people don't seem to have a problem but some do and the itch will drive you batty if you are sensitive.

The beach area can be windy so be ready for that. I have been there Jan, Feb and March and there was often strong winds. The beach is the best I had ever seen for walking in bare feet. It is 11 kms long and the softest sand, like icing sugar!..

The Cuban people who work there are the best and are like family and are our friends. This is everyone from gardeners, room cleaners, servers, butlers to management. We didn't see much of the GM but Salua, the resident manager was wonderful. She was always around talking to guests and making sure everything was going well. Luis, the room manager was also always present and willing to help. The list of wonderful people there is long. Here are some of the names that stand out in my memory and I am sorry for anyone that I am missing:
Diana, Lester, Zadys. Katia, Diego, Javier, Dario, Fernando, Humberto, Leniel, Yalienny, Maylin, Rachel, Roxana, Liz, Elizabeth, Antonio, Alicia, Jessey, Yusime, Levan, Yobaisy, Nery, Yuri, Yandri, Keneirt, Marisol and so many more. As you can see the list is extensive. These people will do anything for you that they can.

Simply writing this makes me miss the people and the place! Next year...........

1  Thank L7465CImartind

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your nice review. We are glad that you had a great experience with us. It’s good to know that you enjoyed the pool and beach, one of the most beautiful in the world! We will say hello to all the members you have mentioned. We are sure they will be very happy to hear about you. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Royalton Cayo Santa Maria.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful getaway this is the place! Service is super and the staff go beyond expectations to make sure you are taken care of. The suites are roomy, clean and the beds are very comfortable. This was our third visit in 3 years. We stayed for 1 week the first year, but 2 weeks last year and again this year. The Royalton is a smaller resort with all of the amenities.

The entertainment team provide many activities throughout the day and great shows at night - everything from classical guitar to rock, Cuban bands, water shows, Spanish dancers, acapella singers and more!

Your butlers look after you - book your meals, make recommendations, help make your stay enjoyable. Diana and Lester have been like family and this year we got to know Diego, Ketia, Zadys and Michel too! The staff at this resort make you feel so welcome and are the biggest reason we go back, not to mention the most beautiful beach ever!

There are options at breakfast - Sunset has menu items, Eggsellence has a buffet and menu items. We usually ate at the buffet - crepes, toast, cold meats, cheese, fruit, cereal, yogurt and coffee.
At lunch - Sunset has menu items and a grill with all sorts of grilled meat and seafood. We usually had a salad and fries and something from the grill with ice cream for dessert. Down at the beach they are cooking up quesadillas and exceptional hot dogs or sandwiches.
At supper - there are ala carte restaurants with a selection of menu items. Usually there were beef, pork, chicken, fish and pasta on the menu but several times we were treated to lobster, which was yummy! There was a Gala one night and there was a huge buffet of grilled meats and seafood, salads, breads and dessert. One evening we were treated to extra special service by a server friend who brought us a flaming dessert! We also had a special meal of lobster and steak as returning guests!
Anytime we wanted we could visit the buffets at the Memories resort next door, or book their ala cartes with our butlers.

Many of the staff are the same when you return. It is like coming home. Everyone, from the management, serving staff, cleaning staff, butlers, entertainment team and drivers make you feel welcome and important.

We look forward to visiting again next year!

Room tip: If you need something ask - the staff is always ready to help!

Dear Kathy,

On behalf of all Royalton Cayo Santa Maria staff, we would like to give you a huge thank you for providing part of your time to share such a detailed and breathtaking review with the TripAdvisor readers. Trust me when I say that your review made us really happy. It was a pleasure to have you again at home and we are already missing you and looking forward to receive you again. We work hard everyday to give our usual excellent Royalton experience and your review is the proof we succeeded in reaching our goals. Thank you very much for choosing Royalton Cayo Santa Maria and we hope to see you again soon at your home in paradise for another experience.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just returned from the Royalton in Cayo Santa Maria and absolutely loved it. The food was great, resort was beautiful and staff was AMAZING!!!. From front desk, to servers to entertainment, each staff members were helpful and friendly. Big shout out to Blanca, Omar, Yuri and Nevy on the entertainment team for making my trip so memorable!! I also really enjoyed the professional 60min Yoga classes at 10am with the instructor Josie. During yoga we overlooked the Ocean which made the yoga experience incredible. I definitely would recommend this resort and I look forward to booking another trip there!!

2  Thank josie0408

Dear Josie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are happy to see that overall you had a nice vacation at our little paradise and you enjoyed our beautiful beach. I want to finish by thanking you for choosing Royalton Cayo Santa Maria for your vacation. We hope to see you again if you choose to come back to Cayo Santa Maria.