4,368 results
All reviews lower pool quesadilla sunset restaurant lobster beach bar butler service memories resort next door the general manager other resorts small resort dinner reservations luxury resort chicken infinity pool a la carte the bus bubble bath
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

My husband and I have stayed at this resort three times and have loved it every time. The beaches are breathtaking and one of my favorite. The rooms are spacious and always clean. The butlers truly go above and beyond to make sure your stay perfect. The food is always plentiful and delicious. One of the best parts about the resort is the entertainment team. They made our stay truly enjoyable. I feel like they do it all at the resort. From massages, to singing, to dancing, to magic tricks etc., and just a simple conversation with the guests. Yuri was my favorite entertainer from the entertainment team. His voice was phenomenal and he made my trip the one year when he serenaded me on my birthday. We have made friends for life. I totally recommend this resort.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank marta_12345234554354
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Royalton Cayo Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Dear Marta,

On behalf of all Royalton Cayo Santa Maria staff, we would like to give you a huge thank you for providing part of your time to share such a beautiful review about your stay with us. We are pleased to know we succeeded your expectations and you enjoyed our amazing beach and service. What makes us really proud is the fact all our staff was so attentive with you during your stay. Your happiness is our best reward after everyday work. Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

This was our 2nd visit to the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria. We had already decided last year that we had to come back to this place, and as soon as we arrived we instantly knew we’d made the right choice. We were greeted by the lovely reception ladies and given the 2nd floor suite in building 6 (just between the pool and beach). We were so happy that we once again had our Butler Diego, who always goes above and beyond with service and professionalism to meet our needs.

The hotel grounds are beautiful and the beach the best in Cuba. We thoroughly enjoyed grilled lunch by the pool every day, and thanks to Gina, the poolside cocktails kept us going in the afternoon! The amazing animation team, thanks to Omar,Yuri, Nery, Angel and Blanca - Sosa has a great team! Omar is the best guy for foot massage, dancing with us and always smiling and finding the time to chat. Yuri with his beautiful voice and amazing energy, such a nice guy!

This resort is definitely what it is thanks to it’s staff. Always smiling, doing whatever they can with the resources at hand, and working very hard indeed. Special thanks to Keinhert and Marisol for our unforgettable lunches and their impeccable service, Maylin and Javier at the Lobby bar for taking care of us with amazing drinks and of course Yusleika for her charm. Not forgetting Lester, who wasn’t our butler on duty, but went out of his way to help us on several occasions and really took his time.

With the new management team in place, we were unsure if they could live up to our high expectations. We were not disappointed, they only excelled! The New Year celebrations was definitely proof of their organizational excellence. Luigi as the commander of the Royalton ship, together with his captains Saula and Luis, is certainly steering the resort into excellency and keeping course with daily improvements and constant willingness to meet the highest standards. Well done!

2  Thank KatSwe
rrssBDcuba, Director General at Royalton Cayo Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all Royalton Cayo Santa Maria staff, we would like to give you a huge thank you for providing part of your time to share such a beautiful review about your stay with us. We are pleased to know we succeeded your expectations and you enjoyed our amazing beach and service. What makes us really proud is the fact all our staff was so attentive with you during your stay. Your happiness is our best reward after everyday work. We will say hello to all the members you have mentioned. We are sure they will be very happy to hear about you.
Finally, it is a pleasure to know we will have the honor to welcome you again at your new home in paradise. We are really looking forward to it.
Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Although the resort is located on a beautiful beach, and due to the high winds we unfortunately experienced during our stay, most days we were not allowed in the water or were sand pelted too much to make time on the beach enjoyable. We have stayed at several other resorts in the area over the past decade so we know the area fairly well & what to typically expect.
First, if you simply want to go somewhere quiet to lay in the sun then you will love this resort. If you are looking for some activities to enjoy as well, amusement, entertainment or anything else to do, this IS NOT YOUR RESORT.

The quiet pool is very quiet. We referred to it as the funeral area. The so called activity pool had music playing, most of it very low key. One group was asked to go to the beach instead when they tried to play their own music because another guest was trying to sleep by the pool. There really are no activities to enjoy. They offered a dance lesson ( literally 1 song ). A quick pool exercise class. We never did see the Spanish lessons being offered.

Honestly, the entertainment staff don't seem to have much to do other than to turn the music on at the pool. At the beach, there is even less. A yoga class & a stretch class. However, on the windy days, even those didn't happen. The staff sat at the beach under a pallapa spoke to guests if they were spoken too. One day an entertainment staff played his guitar for a couple of songs.

The service was pretty good & the food was better than many resorts. They too though run out of many things on a daily basis as Cuba has been facing increased embargoes, trade difficulties with Venezuela do to the crisis in that country. However, I can say that I have never been to the country where beans were not available. I mean beans are a staple food in Cuba. It made it difficult for many of the wait staff. Although they offer 3 a la cartes, the menus never change so the food does get boring after awhile. We of course had access to the restaurants and buffet at the neighbouring Starfish ( half of which is closed for renos ) & the Memories ( food is always cold even when prepared in front of you ).

On your 3rd stay at the hotel they give you a palm to plant with a stone with your name & date of your last visit. It honestly made the area look like a cemetery.

We spoke with one couple who had visited the Royalton previously who told us that they love it but now that people in their twenties are visiting the resort, they don't think they will be back. Really?!?! Note my sarcasm.

If you still decide to visit this resort for rest & relaxation, make sure to take a moment to listen to sweet Sonia's songs at the lobby washroom. She is always singing and such a pleasant lady. I would like to mention a few people who we had the pleasure to meet during our stay: Embierto ( doorman ); Michel & Mario ( butlers ); Kiernierte & Marisol at the Snack bar; the lobby bar staff; the people at the front desk who are always helpful and pleasant.

2  Thank CarribeanSunLovers

Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to express our gratitude for your kind preference of visiting our resort, and especially for the valuable time that you took to let us know your experiences concerning your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments that give us the opportunity to adjust and improve our service. It's sad to know you found some inconveniences. As we are continually improving, we will take all your insights with a profound sense of responsibility to improve these issues and address them properly. Your comment has been sent to the departments in order to investigate what might happened and give them the attention required.
Thank you for choosing us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 17, 2020

I stayed at the resort at the end of august/beginning of september. It was my second time at the same resort (last visit was august 2018). Once again it was great. Beach is beautiful. The service received from the staff was also GREAT (from the bartenders, to the lobby staff, buttlers,...). The animation team can always be found at the beach or at the pool. ALL the staff will take the time to get to know you. Angel is great and he'll know how to keep you entertained! The food is good. Will you eat well? YES DEFINITELY. I really liked everything I had. From what I have heard, the food at this resort is better than other resorts in Cuba.
Beds are comfy. Rooms are good.
I'll be going back for a third time!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank JessyP1994

Dear Jessy,

Trust me we I say your review made us really happy. We would like to give you a big thank you for proving part of your time on writing a review about your stay with us. We are very proud to know this was a good experience in Cuba. We are glad to hear you liked our entertainment, our variety of drink brands and our tasty food. What it makes us happiest is to hear our staff was so friendly and welcoming with you, as customer service is a priority for us.
Thank you for choosing Royalton Cayo Santa Maria.
We are already looking forward to receiving you again soon at our little paradise.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Well needed vacation and got exactly what I wanted, The best place I have been in Cuba, very clean, super nice employees, food is excellent. Best waiter ever José Alfredo. The beach is super clean, well taken care of, room service was excellent, what ever I asked for I got with a very cute note. music and a little shows every night at the lobby were very good. Will definitely go back to the Royalton. Thank you all for the good vacation, you guys made me feel at home.

2  Thank JJSBB2

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your nice review. We are glad that you had a great experience with us. It’s good to know that you enjoyed the pool and beach, one of the most beautiful in the world! We will say hello to all the members you have mentioned. We are sure they will be very happy to hear about you. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Royalton Cayo Santa Maria.