Grand Memories Santa Maria(Cayo Santa Maria)
$157
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Las Salinas Plaza & Spa(Cayo Las Brujas)(Great Value!)
$86
Official Website
$229
$131
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
Starfish Cayo Santa Maria(Cayo Santa Maria)(Great Value!)
$119
$88
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Golden Tulip Aguas Claras(Cayo Santa Maria)(Great Value!)
$95
galahotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Cayo Santa Maria(Cayo Santa Maria)
  • Breakfast included
Melia Las Dunas(Cayo Santa Maria)
Ocean Casa del Mar(Cayo Santa Maria)
4,748 results
All reviewsbeach restaurantjuan carlosthe bussnack bara la carte restaurantsfishpizzabuffet restaurantcalamaritai chientertainment staffthe grillsanta mariaair transatwater pressurewater polobeef
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

I have just got back from being evacuated from Cuba after hurricane Irma. We arrived here on Tuesday 5th September and the check in went really quick and smooth. We were taken to our room on a buggy and the driver pointed out all the local amenities. The room was spotless although we had a couple of issues. Our sink was blocked and a thick black mess kept coming up but I contacted reception and it was sorted within an hour. We also had a blocked air con drain (hubby knew the issue!) and again it was resolved pretty quick but we were left with a flooded bathroom and no maid came to clean it up.

We visited the buffet restaurant and the food was ok. It wasn't very hot and not a little bland but there was enough to eat and choose from (not sure if I would have felt the same after 2 weeks of eating it!)
The snack bar by the pool did a lovely thin crispy pizza and even did me a half of one as I couldn't eat a full one!

The pool was clean and plenty of sun beds. You don't need to get up at 6am to reserve a bed! The beach was amazing! Snow White sand and crystal clear water. Beautiful!

We didn't get the chance to try any restaurants on site as we were moved on Thursday 8th to Varadero with the hurricane approaching.

All the staff we encountered we really pleasant and we had no issues at all. It's not a 5star hotel so don't go expecting it but you wouldn't be disappointed! I am unsure how the hotel faired after the hurricane as I know it took a direct hit along with many hotels in the Cayo's. It's so sad to think of the destruction and devastating affect on locals as Cuba is a lovely country.

5  Thank Anjella G
Reviewed September 15, 2017

Its in a beautiful location the beaches are pristine. All restaurants are a la carte and they have full bars and nightclubs after 12am. The property is up to normal standards the rooms are clean. The service is ok.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Andrew E
Reviewed September 13, 2017

The hotel is ok-ish at best but certainly doesn't deserved a 5* rating.

The room was fine, spacious and a confortable bed. However, it was neglected with humidity in the walls and lack of paint. You have everything included in the minibar but you are lucky if you find anything in it. We have to ask a couple of days for a new bottle of water since the empty one had not been replaced.

You get one set of beach towels for your whole stay that you need to carry around at all times and not loose since you need to get a paper back when you return them in order to not be charged at checkout.

Probably the worse part of the hotel is the food. The buffet which is basically the only place you will be able to eat is disgusting, the food is mostly reheated with little flavour and, in general, very oily. I got very sick during two of my days at this hotel with food poisoning. It always had huge lines and the tables are not well taken care off, although there is quite a bit of personnel they don't seem to have a grip on everything and when you ask for something it simply takes forever or no one knows who you should speak to.

Also the special restaurants are a mess, First, you only get one booking for a 3 night stay (2 for 5 days and three if you stay a week). However, most of the restaurants they have were closed so only four were available when we were there and of course they were sold out days in advance. We finally managed to get a reservation at the Asian restaurant, just one recommendation: avoid it at all costs!!! the food was horrible!!!

As in the rest of Cuba in order to have internet you have to buy connection cards (which are sold next to the reception). However, contrary to plazas and other spots in small or bigs towns, here the internet works randomly if you even manage to connect... a disaster!

The beach and water are beautiful, although the beach area where you can actually lay is extremely small (inexistent in the afternoon when the tide is high) and the bars at the beach run out of many of the drinks quite often.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Korphe
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

I used to love Meliá but I see their standards dropping more and more...the hotel is located in a gorgeous beach, no doubt about that. However facilities are not well maintained at all, giving you this feeling of decadent location.

But w worst part is by far their staff....not friendly especially if you don't tip, which I wasn't expecting on an all included 5 star hotel. Eg. Cook special dishes for people that tip, my catamaran ride was 15 min vs 1h with a tip....made us feel really second class. This requires urgent attention from management.

5  Thank Jose B
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

Just got back home from being evacuated from Cuba. Had a great stay at the hotel. Not sure why I read so many complaints. We had a great time and have really no complaints. When you go to Cuba you need to know that the people are great and very welcoming. You may not get the same service that you do in other places but they also do not have access to the resources. This is a four star resort and you definitely get that service. I would go back. Make sure you something to protect yourself from the flies. They can be bad at dusk. Overall excellent holiday.

1  Thank BBugden