I spent a week at this resort in June with my Mother and some friends and we had a brilliant time. We were there during shoulder season, so it was pretty quiet - but I didn't feel like things were unnecessarily shut down. It actually made it easier to get restaurant reservations and there weren't enough people for Chair Hogs to be a problem.
The rooms are huge and were kept super clean, I didn't even see a bug in mine (and believe me, I'm normally the one to find bugs). Housekeeping service was daily and very good - I actually never saw the housekeeper, but she did a beautiful job keeping my room in order.
Food was actually better than I anticipated - much better than the food at the Las Dunas when I was there five years ago. I thought the buffet was tasty, if a bit repetitive. We tried the French, Japanese and Italian A la Carts and I really enjoyed them all. By far our groups favourite was lunches at the Beach Grill - awesome food, lovely employees, beautiful view of the beach and the BREEZE could not be topped.
In terms of entertainment, we didn't watch any of the shows but they seemed very well attended. The Lobby bar was busy every night, but this definitely isn't a huge party resort. We were totally ok with that as we preferred to day drink and relax in the evenings.
The pools were lovely and the Beach was just so magnificent. It was quite warm when we were there so we ended up spending more time in the pools than at the beach, so we could be in water and shade at the same time - but the beach was so beautiful.
I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing beach holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the 5- star All-Inclusive Meliá Cayo Santa María hotel, especially designed for families, surrounded by beautiful beaches and lush tropical vegetation. This property (358 rooms) offers facilities for incentives groups and a special wedding and honeymoon program. A perfect complement for an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Cayo Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Santa Maria Melia
- Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Santa Maria Cuba
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Cuba