This was our second time at melia cayo santa maria and we had a very happy time. Our fifth time in Cuba and this was our best.I was concerned before going, reading about hot water problems, but no need. Sure, the pressure could be stronger but we always had enough for our showers, and this was at peak times. Room was very comfortable and clean. We needed a new fridge upon arrival and shortly after a call to customer service they were at our door to remedy the situation. All services were fast and efficient.
Food was as good or better than any other resort, especially the a la cartes. We've always stayed at good 41/2 star places as a source of comparison. Honestly, I don't know what people expect. Chill out and enjoy all the good things on offer!
Beach is one of the best. As for people reserving the beach beds, it happens everywhere. I don't know how it can be controlled. No reason to broil in the sun at the pool. Simply put your beach beds under the palms, just five steps from the pool edge. Be kind to the staff and put them back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the 5- star All-Inclusive Meliá Cayo Santa María hotel, especially designed for families, surrounded by beautiful beaches and lush tropical vegetation. This property (358 rooms) offers facilities for incentives groups and a special wedding and honeymoon program. A perfect complement for an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Melia Cayo Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Santa Maria Melia
- Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Santa Maria Cuba
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Cuba