My first trip with my wife to Cuba Melia Cayo Santa Maria, we went there from Feb 1, to Feb 9, 2013.
I will not go into details, I guess a lot of visitors explained how beautiful it was, don't listen to people who complains, its a piece of heaven, staff are so warm and friendly, rooms are so clean and nicely decorated, just watch a YouTube, yes the hot water pressure is not the best, but you can still enjoy a hot shower, other than that everything was so amazing, the food and drinks were so good, the chief would cook your food and sometimes they were so nice to bring it to your table.
Want my advice, you paid more than $2000 for you double occupied package, what’s an extra $70 that you can throw as tips during your whole stay, $10 tips a day will make you a king there, everyone will serve you with a big smile, bring all your drinks to wherever you are, cook your food and bring it to your table, clean your room change your sheets and towels every day, with the towel animation and a big smile
My advise…don’t be cheep even if you paid a $100 tips during your whole vacation its worth it, will make you happy and everybody else happy.
Big thanks to Daike and Denise (the entertainment girls) they both were so warm and friendly with us, and defiantly added a lot to our stay there.
Big complements to all the staff …you were so warm and friendly specially customer service manager Mr. Ronaldo
If any complains it would be to the guests who reserved their seats at the pool and at the beach by putting a towel on it without really using it, the management have two big signs stating that reservation of seats are not allowed but yet guests still do it
Also guests, as you drink please try not to be loud and vulgar
CanJet and Transat Holidays … you suck big time… our return flight was the worst experience in my whole life, but that will be dealt with later through media
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the 5- star All-Inclusive Meliá Cayo Santa María hotel, especially designed for families, surrounded by beautiful beaches and lush tropical vegetation. This property (358 rooms) offers facilities for incentives groups and a special wedding and honeymoon program. A perfect complement for an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Melia Cayo Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Santa Maria Melia
- Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Santa Maria Cuba
- Melia Cayo Santa Maria Cuba