Sol Cayo Santa Maria is a great place to visit and explore but is well off the beaten Cuban track and takes a really long drive (about 90 minutes) to get there from the nearest airport. We made this drive very late at night and it took me a while to figure out why our bus was often stopping or slowing down in the middle of no where. After I moved up front on the bus and watched out the front window I realized that a lot of cattle were wandering along in the middle of the road. Welcome to rural Cuba!
Sol Cayo Santa Maria isn't the prettiest Cuban hotel we've stayed at over the years but it rates as one of the most interesting after one has a chance to do some exploring in the area. The food is pretty standard for Cuban hotel food with some both good and not so good surprises. The staff here is very good and we met some really delightful and really helpful people. We enjoyed some awesome Spanish coffee and some great pina coladas - it pays to talk to bar tenders on a slow day sometimes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the All Inclusive 4-star Sol Cayo Santa Maria hotel (300 rooms). Ideal for simply relaxing or for exploring the clear ocean bottom and neighboring keys that surround this marvelous Cuban tourist destination. Enjoy an unforgettable holiday with your family, all included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prodigios Interactivos SA, Cancelon, TravelUp and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Cayo Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Sol Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Maria Santa Sol
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Cayo Santa Maria Sol