We arrived on the saturday evening and went straight to the lobby bar for a few refreshing beers after a long days travelling,we had been many times before and knew our luggage would be safely taken to our room by the bellboys.After a quick shower and change of clothes we went to eat at the buffet,there was plenty of variety so no problem to find something good.After dinner we usually relaxed a while in the piano bar,the staff here appeared to be new we did'nt recognize any of them and the service was very slow,we persevered and did get served eventually.The weather was great apart from the first couple of days when we had the monsoon but everyone enjoyed themselves despite the rain,the animation team ran a lot of fun competitions around the pool bar keeping all entertained,many thanks to Alex, Marbey and Jaiki from all our guys here for your excellent work.We never did any of the excursions this time as we had done most of them before,i did,nt here any complaints from the people who did go they all enjoyed them.The customer relations lady was extremely helpfull and very professional about her work,we had only one reason to see her our room was very nice and had a seaview but we like to be in the thick of things and this room was a little far so we asked if any chance of a change to one a bit nearer in,as it was a busy week there were no other rooms available but the lady said some people were leaving in a few days and she would see what she could do for us,sure enough two days later we were moved to a room next to the activity centre,thank you Malvia xxx.During our stay we tried all the restaurants and all were good some really nice pizzas at the bar there also the a la cartes very good,thanks to all the staff there.The beach is the best i have seen anywhere always spotlessly clean beautifull sand.The only slight downside was the piano bar service,please come back proffessora Angela wherever you are and show these guys how to serve,allthough in fairness they did appear to be new to the job.
see you next year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In an island paradise off the northern coast of Cuba stands the All Inclusive 4-star Sol Cayo Santa Maria hotel (300 rooms). Ideal for simply relaxing or for exploring the clear ocean bottom and neighboring keys that surround this marvelous Cuban tourist destination. Enjoy an unforgettable holiday with your family, all included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Prodigios Interactivos SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sol Cayo Santa Maria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Sol Hotel Cayo Santa Maria
- Cayo Maria Santa Sol
- Sol Cayo Santa Maria Cuba
- Cayo Santa Maria Sol