“Great holiday with family of 12”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Memories Paraiso Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Cayo Santa Maria
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed Dec. 22-29 and had a great, relaxing, fun vacation. I was traveling with my family with children ages 3, 5 and 15, my sister and her family, children ages 9, 14, 14, and 16 and my mom. Given that the ages in our group ranged from 3-68, I have to say that there was something there for everyone, no one was ever bored or hungry.

Aside from time spent on the most beautiful beach with fine white sand, the 4 teenaged boys played tennis daily, and had access to basketball, ping pong, etc. Snorkeling at the small reef at the east end of the beach was a highlight as there were several barracuda there and thousands of prey fish (sardines I think). They also enjoyed shopping at the Puebla (tourist town) at west end of the resort. We were comfortable allowing them to roam about on their own and never had any issues with feeling unsafe in Cuba (unlike Mexico).

The younger children had a great time at the beach and pool. We did notice the absence of hot tubs though which we would have enjoyed using as the pools weren't heated, but that didn't slow down the 9,3 and 5 year old one bit! We also took advantage of the kids club one day and our 5 year old had a blast. The ladies in there do a great job, are professional and very kind and caring. It is obvious they love kids!

We had 5 great rooms, all on 3rd floor of buildings 31 and 32. Excellent location, close to the lobby and buffet. An easy walk to the pool/beach and quiet with ocean view balconies. Rooms were clean, staff was very pleasant and easy to deal with. Beds were very comfortable with NO critters.

We think they probably nuke the hell out of this place because there were no bugs, no sand flies, only the odd mosquito and noseeums at night. I never saw a single cockroach. One of my nephews did find a good sized scorpion in his dresser drawer so make sure you shake your clothes and shoes out and pull back your bedding before you crawl in. Maintenance guy dealt with this swiftly. Remember, you are still in a tropical location and have to expect to see some "wildlife". The kids, though a little freaked out were still excited to have seen it! We did see a few geckos and small lizards on the grounds as well as cats and some beautiful song birds.

I get frustrated when I read reviews where people complain about the food. Everyone knows that you don't go to Cuba for the food! Having said that we actually enjoyed the food at this resort and really felt a little ashamed of the amount of waste that we saw considering the average Cuban has limited food choices. There was a huge variety at every meal in the buffet and no one in our party of 12 ever left hungry! Yes, not everything in the buffet was spectacular but with the amount of choices one had there really is no reason to write a negative review about the food. Some people will complain no matter where they go. Out in the "real" Cuban world most folks don't have flour, fish or fresh fruit so please don't complain about the spread at an all-inclusive resort in Cuba as these items are reserved for you, the tourists!

The only glitch we had on this trip was a delay with our flight. I know there will be people writing letters and complaining to Sunwing after making a lot of assumptions. I spoke with a member of the flight crew and got first-hand information on what happened. The flight from Calgary was delayed because of weather on the East coast even though our plane originated from Calgary. Sunwing did not anticipate that our flight crew would time-out even with the delay. The ground crew's turn-around on the tarmac at Santa Clara was very slow (emptying toilets, re-fueling, etc.). Not Sunwing's fault. By the time the plane was ready to re-load a fog bank had rolled in and we were grounded due to weather. Not Sunwing's fault. Waiting for this to clear timed out our flight crew and regulations require that they have a 12 hour break before flying again. Federal Aviation Regulations, not Sunwing's fault. Seriously, would you want to fly back with an exhausted crew? Not me, even though our night was horrible (7 children stuck all night in an airport), Sunwing did come through eventually and got us back to the hotel to sleep the next day and provided travel voutures to everyone and an apology for the inconvenience. It would have been nice to hear from the Sunwing rep sooner but hey, we all made it home safe and sound and I am thankful for that.

This trip was great overall and we will definitely consider going back to this resort. It was our first time in Cuba but my sister has been there 3 times at other resorts and said the same. If you're looking for a wonderful family resort this is it!

10  Thank julie b
Marco-Mazzucchelli, General Manager at Memories Paraiso Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Many thanks for prefer Memories Paraiso and for post a review on Trip Advisor.

Our Hotel is large enough to host any kind of guest and they will find them favorite
spot and enjoy a pleasant stay; said that, Memories Paraiso is specially designed for groups, whether family or "only adults", whether for leisure or business, because it has the most spacious rooms of the whole Cayo and wonderful Baby and Mini Club.
Besides, we have 2 conference rooms with all the facilities.

We are very happy to know that you have such nice memories of your stay and that you are
planning the next visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were at this lovely resort from Dec 24-31st. I was so nervous about our trip after reading some reviews on here, but from the first offer of a cart ride to our room from the always-adorable Wilmer the day we arrived, we knew we had nothing to worry about!

We asked for ocean view and wow, did we ever get it! We had a third-floor corner room overlooking the ocean and it was just perfect. Our bungalow (No. 41) was a long walk to the buffet and the lobby (we were near the Pueblo La Estrella) but we were happy to get some exercise before and after our meals, so it didn't bother us. We loved the privacy over at the far edge of the property, and again, the view was well worth it!

Another thing that I was really worried about was the food -- I'm vegetarian, my husband is not. No need to have worried; I was blown away by the variety of vegetables and fruit, and the bread and pizza was fabulous. We even had peanut butter for all but about a couple of the days we were there, which was a pleasant surprise! My husband ate fish and seafood pretty much every day, and he really enjoyed the eggs which were fried up with a smile and some pleasant conversation each morning. We only took advantage of one a la carte restaurant, Italian, and it was good, but I think I'd just skip the a la cartes and stick with the buffet in the future. We also enjoyed the lunch buffet at the poolside bar a couple of times, for a change of scenery.

The beach was perfect, as promised. We took our snorkels and wandered down to the Azul side by the rocks and swam with the pelicans and enjoyed the fish. We had a couple of red flag days but we still enjoyed walking on the beach and soaking in the warmth and the beautiful sights and sounds of Cuba. The beach bars were easy to get to and my husband said the chicken sandwiches were very good.

We appreciated the staff very much, and did not have a problem with anyone at all (and we always had lots of toilet paper!). Our room was very clean and comfortable and we came back to the cutest towel art every single day. That was such a nice touch! We had a coffee machine and coffee was supplied every day, which we really appreciated. Our fridge was refilled all but 2 days, so I guess we were luckier than some of the other guests that week. We only really cared about the water, so on the days we didn't get the drinks we just went out and bought our own bottles.

I'd also recommend taking along some snacks. We took along some trail mix, nuts and protein bars, and I'd always grab and apple or two from the breakfast buffet for an afternoon snack. We really appreciated not having to worry about getting back from the beach in time for lunch, because we had some snacks to hold us over until the dinner buffet in the evening.

We aren't big drinkers, so every night after the dinner buffet we would head out to the outdoor patio of the lobby bar to have a coffee (steamed milk for my husband!) and to enjoy the music and the beautiful evening air before going back to our room.

So, we have nothing but good things to say about this resort. We heard other people complaining about the food, the delays (i.e., lunch was actually 1pm, not 12:30 as advertised but it didn't take long to figure that out) but we found that everything surpassed our expectations. We will return, and will recommend this resort to our friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Eskimos10
Marco-Mazzucchelli, General Manager at Memories Paraiso Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Many thanks for choose Memories Paraiso for your first Cuban vacation and for
post a review on Trip Advisor.

Anytime we receive a request, we do our best to fulfill it and I take the opportunity
to give at all the readers my mail once again:

director.general@memoriesparaisoazul.co.cu

Do not hesitate to contact me for information or request, especially if you are part of a
group; knowing in advance your needs will help us and I assure an answer to everyone.

We are glad to know that you have already planned to return.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Thank you Memories Paraiso for the great times over my Christmas 2012 holiday. My boyfriend and I stayed there from Dec 21-29th. We had a great time. We were in block 32 on the Paraiso side. Great room, HUGE, comfy King bed and balcony. Stocked Mini fridge, slippers, good air conditioning and our balcony got hot sun in the afternoon around 5 p.m. which we loved!

The beach was stunning.. I have traveled a lot in my life from places like Thailand, Australia, all over Mexico and Europe and was seriously IMPRESSED with this beach! We enjoyed Reye's Sandwiches on the beach daily. We went snorkeling on the reef everyday too. We also loved the cute cats around at the resort. We took part in the beach activities too and always enjoyed. It was a nice change from Mexican resorts, the people working there were soo nice and the men were so respectful to women.

I liked the food! There wasn't as much fruit selection as there is in Mexico, but they had good omelets, hash-browns, bacon... no complaints! The dinner buffet section was UNREAL! Especially Christmas Eve, the lobster was amazing. Also I liked their pizza which they make personally for you wood-fired. Deadly Mojitos and Pina Colada.. We tipped well and I gave lots of gifts to the people. When we left we got a personal note from the housekeeping staff thanking us. They even gave us a chocolate Canadian Loonie which I thought was so cute! We also met sooo many great people during our stay and became great friends. **Also do the Catamaran excursion, such a good deal!**

I usually never really write comments on TripAdvisor. However; before I took this holiday so many people slammed this resort with negative comments which now after going to it-I feel it was so unfair. These comments made me nervous to go to this resort.. They are not true.

People who are looking to book-rest be assured you will have a great time! And for those of you that can't get past the ketchup tasting a little peppery maybe bring your own OR please just stay home and stop bashing this resort and insulting the hard working people at Memories. :) I would totally go back one day.. Thanks again for the good times. :)

Room Tip: Block 32 is near everything! (3237 shower leaks...) Just put a towel down.. LOL! NBD
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
18  Thank Jenny C
Marco-Mazzucchelli, General Manager at Memories Paraiso Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Many thanks for choose Memories Paraiso and for share your opinion on Trip Advisor.

I´m agree with you when you say that some reviews are overly critical and do not reflect
the reality of the Hotel. Our response is make the best we can every day to increase our
service; besides, with the positive comments of the satisfied guests, who are the vast
majority, Memories Paraiso soon will have the place it deserves in the this social forum.

Regarding the details of your review, our rooms are undoubtedly the most spacious to be found in Cayo S. Maria, with nice furniture and appropriately decorated.

Our stretch of beach is wide and protected by a reef, paradise for snorkeling enthusiasts.

Memories Hotels are characterized to have a very active Entertainment for guests of all ages,
this is the reason why our offer is so wide.

tAt last, the most important aspect: the human warmth of our Staff, which makes our Resort
so special.

We are very proud to know that you have had a pleasant vacation and we hope you´ll come back in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family stayed at the Memories Paraiso Beach Resort from December 20-27. We were extremely worried after reading the reviews of this resort, but shortly after arriving we realized they were extremely unfair. We were overall very satisfied with our stay. Here's a brief description of the main aspects of ourvacation.

1. Beach
The beach was fantastic-the best we have ever been to, and we have previously vacationed in Dominican Republic (Punta Cana and Samana) and Costa Rica. The water was clear and clean, and off to the side there was a small coral reef where it was possible to go snorkeling. We stayed at the beach for the majority of the time since it was so beautiful.

2. Room
The room was spacious and clean with a nice pool view. Everything was working correctly throughout the entire duration of our stay. There was hot water all day, everyday. In our opinion, the best villas are #34, and #52. There were NO bed bugs.

3. Service
The service was good overall. The maids did a great job cleaning the room, always giving fresh towels and coming at a convenient time. The fridge was only sometimes re-stocked, unless we asked for it. The service at the front desk was excellent, especially through Livan who was very friendly and helpful in all matters. The lobby bar service was exceptional, offering a wide variety of drinks and the best coffee we have ever had. The beach bar also provided good service.

4. Food
The food in the buffet was average, with the exception of the freshly grilled food that was especially prepared for you (namely fish and meat). There was plenty of seafood options everyday, even lobster on Christmas Eve, and the portions were large. The Christmas Eve dinner preparation was exceptional, with plenty of decorations and a wide variety of food choices. The a la carte restaurants were good, with the best being the Seafood restaurant as they offered seasoned lobsters and good soup. Our daughter had her birthday during our vacation, and booked the Italian a la carte for that day where she received a delicious cake and champagne.

5. Entertainment
The entertainment was good, especially the magic show. There was a professional dance team performing every night with talented singers accompanying, including Yhasmany. The pool/beach entertainment was very good, with Yosley excelling. We attended every show and enjoyed all.

Overall, this was a great vacation that we would recommend to everyone. We would be glad to return again soon.

9  Thank Bob D

Many thanks for prefer Memories Paraiso and for post a review on Trip Advisor.

The best response to the unfair comments are the opinions of grateful guests
and the dedication of the Staff members to satisfy our customers needs.

I believe that your detailed review will be very helpfull to those are interested
to visit us and are looking for information.

Will be a real pleasure to receive your visit again in the next future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was the second time that my mother and I visited Memories Azul and we were just as thrilled as we were the first time. Firstly, it is important to note that we are not the type of people to visit the same resort more than once, but we wanted a winter getaway and for the price ($1001 per person, including taxes, from Winnipeg) this was a great deal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT CUBA TRAVEL
Travelling to Cuba is not for everyone. I say this because some people are overwhelmed by relying heavily on the star ratings and are focused on comparing this resort and country to others: please remember that Cuba cannot be compared to any other Caribbean destination as it is in its own class in terms of culture, politics and economy. Many people complain that the beds are not as comfy as in Mexico, or that the food is not as delicious as in Jamaica; well, I can only say one thing to them: if you are so bothered by Cuba, then travel to those other places and leave Cuba to the people who can handle it. Personally, my safety is of utmost importance to me while I travel, and so I will ALWAYS choose Cuba over any other Caribbean destination due to its low crime rate and low violence rate. Therefore, if you can travel with an open mind and leave the politics at home, you will have a great time on this island nation.

CHECK IN AND HOTEL
The check in procedure occurs at the airport: basically, as soon as you clear customs and exit the airport, there is a representative who greets you and directs you towards a bus; there, another person hands to you an envelope with your hotel room keys, a map and a registration card. Thus, when you are on the bus, you fill in the registration card, hand it to the tourist representative and upon arrival, you go straight to your room and your luggage will arrive quickly after you (it took maybe 10-15 minutes after we walked to our room for it to come). In our case, we did not like our original room as it was in the 58 block and on the first floor - to us, that was too far from the theatre, buffet and lobby so we talked to the hotel staff and they moved us to the second floor of 54 block, which was much more convenient (although during our first stay last year we really liked 51 block). Also, keep in mind that Azul and Paradiso are connected and as a resident of one hotel, you automatically can use the facilities at the other. The differences between the two are very slim, but I feel as though there were less people at Paradiso. The bus ride is long (1.5h) but it goes by fast as the tourist representative will tell you fun facts about the towns that we would pass and about Cuba in general.

BEACH
The beach is the most beautiful beach in the world (see photos). It is absolutely immaculate: white sand as fine as powder, low waves kissing the shore and every shade of blue that you can ever imagine. The beach makes the entire trip absolutely worthwhile. While you are there, make sure to sit on the beach, swim in the ocean and relax! There is no reason to be swimming in a chlorinated swimming pool when you have such natural pool a mere 500 metres away. The water is very warm. My mom and I walked all the way down the beach and ended up in two other resorts: Husa Hotels and Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria. Husa was very much like Memories but felt more démodé and old fashioned; Hotel Playa Cayo Santa Maria was HORRIFYING. We walked through it and it was like some sort of institution…even the people working barely registered you as you walked by. In Memories, everyone, and I literally mean EVERYONE, says hola to you whenever they see you. In this other one, no one even looked at us. Also, there was lots of police around, which was strange as in Memories Azul there is never any, especially not close to the tourists. Very suspicious…Anyway, just a thought in case you were considering those other resorts as well.

DIAMOND CLUB
We did not take the Diamond Club upgrade, and from what we can tell, it seemed useless. Apparently no one got their bathrobes and slippers and the Diamond Club room had no bar waiter service…you would have to serve yourself the drinks (imagine that ;) ). The beach where it was Diamond Club only was pathetic (very crowded)– the beach is so beautiful that it is a shame to spend your entire holiday sitting in the same “members only” region of it with many other tourists.

FOOD
Another thing that they changed from last year is that they opened up more stations for the buffets. For breakfast, there is an egg station, smoothie station and a crepe station (delicious! Especially if Santiago makes them); for lunch and dinner there is a pizza station, pasta stir-fry, fish grill and meat grill. The two grill restaurants also have fish grills and meat grills. Since there are so many of them, the lines are shorter and the wait goes pretty fast - usually the chefs or fellow tourists in line will chat with you and that will make the time go quickly (and you get to meet great people!). Aside for the stations, there are many options for food: lots of fried food (croquettes, fries, etc) and for Christmas Eve, we had crab and lobster galore! It was very, very delicious. There were all sorts of seafood dishes: lobster, crab, shrimp, scallops, many types of fish (for instance, bass) that would change daily. We did not really eat much of the meat, but from what I could tell there was pork, beef and chicken. Actually, there was a pork roast, roast chicken and turkey daily plus a ridiculous amount of cold cuts: ham, salami, and as much prosciutto as you can eat! Overall, there was enough choice for everyone. Plus, the desserts were out of this world. The ice cream is delicious beyond measure, especially since some of the flavours are local ones: the dark pink is guava and the orange is mango. There is also freshly made guava and mango juices available at breakfast. Also, if you have food intolerances or religious intake restrictions, the staff were more than happy to help you find something or make something for you to consume.
Important: you can get Nestle ice cream bars at the Azul pool bar, which is something not many tourists knew about; definitely was a good refresher in the middle of the day after swimming but before the buffets opened.

ENTERTAINMENT
EXCELLENT! Absolutely excellent! The professional singers and dancers really put effort into entertaining; every night there was a different show, for instance, traditional ones like Spanish Dance and Cuban dancing but they would also have western shows like Grease (based on the movie soundtrack) and an absolutely perfect Michael Jackson impersonator. So good! Also they had a dance competition where a tourist was partnered up with a professional dancer, a la Dancing with the Stars, and they would compete against other couples for a bottle of rum. It was rather crazy! Also, during the day, they would have poolside activities and things for children to do as well.

GIFTS
We found that the airport had much greater selection of drinks and gifts to bring back home. A bottle of 700mL bottle of Havana Club Ano Reservo rum at the resort was 17 pesos and at the airport it was 14 pesos (plus duty free). In addition, you can pay in Canadian dollars as they would convert the money right at the register and you would not need to have pesos.

TIPPING
I just want to touch on the topic of tipping a wee bit. I understand that it is up to the individual to decide whether they want to tip or not, but I do want to make a point that tourists are becoming slightly tip-crazy as they seem to be giving all the time for anything and everything. Sure, you can leave something for the bartender or the waiter when he or she brings your drinks, but do remember that these people are just doing their jobs and do not necessary deserve to be rewarded with money every time they complete their work. It would be comical if your boss gave you a dollar every time you successfully printed a report for the meeting or managed to send an email without mistake, so why is it al-right to do that for these people? Yes, of course, they have a much smaller pay-check than we do, but again, remember that they have rationed food, free education, free healthcare, free transportation, free uniforms for work, etc., so their spending need is also visibly reduced. I think this article summarises what I want to say very well: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g147270-c129786/Cuba:Caribbean:Think.Before.You.Gift.html. Although I assume the Cubans are thankful for your generosity, please remember that you are there to vacation and not to try to single-handedly save them from their supposed “poverty.”

I hope that this helps you decide on whether you would like to vacation in Memories Azul, and if you have any further questions, specific about the resort or general about Cuba travel, feel free to send me a message and we can discuss it further. Have a great trip!

Room Tip: 51, 53, 54 blocks are great for being close to the pools, theatre, and buffets Make some sandwiches...
34  Thank Kara O
Marco-Mazzucchelli, General Manager at Memories Paraiso Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Many thanks for visit Memories Azul and for write such a detailed review on Trip Advisor.

After carefully reading your letter, I have only one thing to say: " Hats off"!

I take the opportunity to inform that we are studying a far more dynamic and effective
formula for the Diamond Club, which will be effective in the near future.

Will be a real honor for all the Crew to host you again next season.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Travelled from Dec. 25 to January 1st. (bus picked us up probably about an hour earlier than it really needed to – 6am for 11am flight on Jan 1). Party of 8 - ages 16 to 48. Male and female – so we spent over $10,000.00 for this trip.

Flight: Check in took a while, and we were there nice and early. They could have opened more desks. Our flight was on time and uneventful – staff were lovely on the way out. Was nice to have pillows, drinks, meals etc. Not quite WestJet, but close.

Buses were waiting for us at the airport and the beer supply was good on the bus. Note to bus company: the speakers at the back did not work and we could not hear the tour guide over the noise of the bus and make sure you book enough busses for the number of people arriving. Room keys and bracelets were ready for us and handed out on the bus.

Rooms

Good: Clean, no bugs, bright, good A/C. Rooms were available upon our arrival at noon – that was nice. Had hot water all the time! The shower pressure was great. Walls must have been nice and thick as the noise level from other rooms was minimal.

Needs work: toilet kept running even though it was fixed once (we just kept the lid off and pressed the reset button each time – this small issue was not a deal-breaker for us); handrails in shower came off if you put any pressure on them; pole holding up shower also would come off in hands.

Mini Bar service was terrible – only filled twice all week – even after a first day $5.00 tip.

Bed: this resort needs to invest in King sized sheets – putting two double sheets as a bottom sheet does not work as it creates a ridge for the sleeper. Also, putting a double sheet sideways on a king bed does not work as the sheet does not reach our feet! This was a small very irritating issue. Beds were comfier than the ones in the Dominican last Christmas.

Cleaning staff did not knock on the doors before 9am – that was appreciated. However, the tiled floor of the building meant that their carts shook and rattled whenever they moved them making late sleeping or afternoon naps a little hard. But nothing earplugs didn’t remedy.

Toilet paper was like sandpaper!

Overall 7/10

Beach
OMG – never have I seen such an amazing beach. The sand was as soft as flour, the water so clear you would think you could drink it. Not one complaint about the beach – Marvellous! Hard to get a seat after Dec 28th before 2pm . . but we just sat around the pool instead. It was fun when the red flags were out and we played in the huge waves. Hint: bring cheap blow up air mattresses for the kids (and sometimes the adults) as they would have been so much fun in the waves, and they don’t have them at the resort. You can get them for $5, and then leave them behind if you want to.

The waiter on the beach was great and while the music was repetitive at times, it was not at all irritating. I think we saw one person trying to sell us anything all week. We walked and swam in the moonlight – very safe.

Overall 10/10

Excursions
We did the Snorkeling and the driving of the speed boats – great deal for the money as you get to drive the boats yourself.

We have very few concerns, staff was very friendly but not too many speak English! Being able to communicate in Spanish would have been good. We did not have to wait long for service at anytime, only when we went to book our a la cartes (more on those later).

I found it weird that the Sunwing reps were only in service from 10am to 1pm and then 3pm to 5pm – and then it seemed like it was a bit of a chore to deal with me. To me, I would have had 24 hour Sunwing Staff on site.

Overall: Resort staff 9/10. Sunwing staff 7/10

A W F U L. C O L D. Repetitive. I know they say that you don’t go to Cuba for the food, but when we drop $10,000 on a holiday I expect at least one meal to be HOT or even WARM. Every meal, unless you took the time to stand in a line up for a grill, was COLD. I will try any food once, and I love fish, but was afraid to eat it due to the temperature of the food. We tried getting there as the buffet opened, closed, and half way through – all times it was cold. I will be writing to Sunwing and SellOff Vacations regarding this. Totally not acceptable. I can take bland – I cannot take Cold.

The Italian ala carte was ok – only hot meal all week was their entrée (their appetizers were cold and gross). We brought our own ketchup, salt and pepper. Should have bought Tea Bags as well. Coffee in buffet seemed really watered down, but at bar was good. Pack snacks – potato chips are 4.25 pesos a bag.

Overall: 1/10

Best bang for your buck – go to see Hector in the Azul side of the hotel. Ask for the Japanese restaurant in the market. $10.00 each – includes 2 hour of food, beer and wine. We ordered extra food while we were there (sushi, tempura) and for 8 of us, with the extras, our bill was $97.00. They cook the food in front of you – service was outstanding, atmosphere was lovely.

Weather was great all week, one morning of rain, a few windy days. Lots of activities to do, we were never bored. Did not go out in the evenings we sat and played cards in the bar and people watched. Our kids (ages 16-21) had a great time at the grill by the pool in the evenings – it was open 24 hours, and they could play cards, eat and drink with lots of other young people, and there was never an issue with their safety. Sometimes they rolled in at 3am – but they had a blast.

We could not get a trip out of the resort on Saturday or Sunday . . . . seemed strange . . . we wanted to go to Santa Clara and they did not have any trips.

We compared this vacation to others in other countries and it rated well – if they fixed the food issues, I would return here – and I don’t normally go to the same place twice, but the beach was so beautiful it will be worth it!

Room Tip: Enjoyed our location in block 36. Close enough to it all, but far enough for noise not to bother us...
4  Thank bmxmum

I assure you that we know both our strengths and our weaknesses, which is the first step to consolidate the good and improve what needs improvement.

About the food, regardless of the difficulties typical of the country, we can do much better; this is the reason why in the last few days has come to the hotel a group of people who are devoted to improving our standard of cuisine.
I can assure that the difference is already being felt.

The same holds for the language training of the Crew Members: though we are in high season, the new entrants must attend a language school 3 time a weeks.

Other issues are a bit more difficult to solve, because do not depend only on us, but I
assure you that we will spare no efforts.

I hope you will keep betting on us in future, to check our progress.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

me and acouple of friends went out to Memories Azul Beach Resort for a get away and found that the people and service was very good the food was really good the weather was beautiful the whole trip all and all we had a great time and we would definately go back

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
21  Thank Darren S

Many thanks for choose Memories Azul and for describe your vacation on Trip Advisor.

Your words of satisfaction are the best reward for our efforts and an incentive to keep
working diligently.

It is a real pleasure for us to know that you have such nice memories about your stay
and that you are alerady planning your 2nd visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cayo Santa Maria
Valentin Perla Blanca
Valentin Perla Blanca
#9 of 16 in Cayo Santa Maria
Sanctuary at Grand Memories Santa Maria
Sanctuary at Grand Memories Sant...
#5 of 16 in Cayo Santa Maria
Iberostar Varadero
Iberostar Varadero
#3 of 64 in Varadero

Been to Memories Paraiso Beach Resort? Share your experiences!