- If you are headed here soon I am sorry to panic you. Hopefully this is not your experience. If you have done the all inclusive resort thing before you may be disappointed here. -
If possible try to change your booking away from Memories Paraiso. Just returned yesterday (Jan 7th 2012). Sunwing should NOT have this resort open. Unbelievable how many problems at this resort. If you go I suggest bring a camera crew to make a reality show during your stay to document all the problems you will encounter. Such as:
- Buildings on Paraiso side are older and finished poorly. Our bathtubs leaked and there was mold throughout building.
- One whole building was closed down in the week due to tarantula infestation (no joke).
- Difficult to get drinks and food all week. Expect to wait and wait for food and especially drinks.
- No room service if needed.
- Diamond Club is waste of money.
- All day trips were booked for the entire week before we even arrived so not many activities. Nice beach though.
- Many guests where upset and there were many people yelling about conditions. I saw two fights, likely due to frustration.
- The disco is beside the resort in a fake 'Disneyland' style village, you have to pay to get in and pay for drinks there.
- The Cuban employees are overworked here and are not the problem. Sunwing management needs to rethink this place.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Memories Paraiso Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.