“#1 in Cuba”

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Cayo Santa Maria
ontario
“#1 in Cuba”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I travelled to this resort on Oct 26 to Nov 4.Combined we have been to Cuba 26 times, and have never seen service like this. Where to start? On our trip into Santa Maria we were on the heals of Hurricane Sandy which led to lots of local flooding in the low lying villages along the way. Hope everybody made it threw ok!

Flight: Flew with Canjet. Had absolutely no issues either way. The Canjet crew were great.

Arrival: Quick and painless out of the airport and right to the the cervesa bar, on the bus and headed to the resort. Great drive lots to see and goes by fast . Arriving we were met by a beautiful lobby and our butler Maikel who took us for a small tour of the resort and to our room. What a room!! We did not ask for oceanveiw room but got one anyway. Our room number was 0621 and was on the second floor. The rooms have a small sitting area, a few steps up to the king size bed and the best bathroom I have ever seen. Jacuzzi tub with separate sink area and toilet. There are 2 balconies, one for watching the ocean and sunset and the other with the shower. Nothing like looking up at the blue sky and palm trees when you shower. My wife was very impressed with the size of the closet also.

The resort: It could not be put in a better location. It was out of a movie, the big beach ,the reef and the quiet beach there like you were the first person to see it. Have too see this for yourself.
The buildings are new and in great shape for a tropical location. Everything is close so walking is not a big deal.On choosing this resort you can have the privilege of having three other resorts you can go to if you want to change it up. There is a daily shuttle that will take you to the other 3 resorts or you can pay one cuc for the double decker bus. We had stayed at the Melia Santa Maria in the past so we went to the Melia Las Dunas. The service and food at the Las Dunas was really good also. That is a very big resort and there is lots of walking. We were happy to return to our quiet piece of paradise. We usually prefer a larger resort but now that we have experienced the Buenavista we may never go anywhere else. Others have complained about mosquitos but we did not see any. My wife was bitten quite a few times by the no seeums or biting midges. Take bug spray with deet either way.

The food: By far it was the best food my wife and I have ever had in Cuba. This may be the first time we both gained weight!! I have read a few complaints about the food but you need to remember the embargo and that they are doing the best they can with what they have. There are always options and something to eat for even the pickest eater. If you want amazing food maybe a cruise would be better. You can go for a breakfeast buffet or have it in your room. The lunch was my favorite because you can go to the buffet or eat at the bbq by the pool ,or ask the pool bartenders to get it for you, pizza, burgers what ever you want they deliver. The restaurants at night were amazing, lobster every night if you wanted. We had the surf and turf one evening and it was 1/2 a lobster with steak. The menu changes every night in the Cuban restaurant and there is also a gourmet restaurant. I have been to Cuba alot and this is the best food i have had here. Again you can ask one of your butlers to make reservations at one of the other resorts or go to their buffet. We enjoyed the Italian and the Romatico at Las Dunas. Room service is also an option if you want to spend quiet time in your room and it was also good. A few times we ordered breakfast and they brought coffee, tea and juice plus a nice fruit tray with our order.(They also called me by my first name after I gave them our room number, amazing)

The Staff: Well this separates the men from the boys. When you come here it's all about you.
The butler service was great. We had a husband and wife team Maikel and Aylin that did things for us that they didn't have to do. This included arranging for our friends from Las Dunas to visit and see this amazing resort, champagne one evening and a beautiful bubble bath for my wife. We thank you for ensuring we had a great vacation.
The lobby bar staff at night never stopped moving, serving drinks and then when its slow cleaning the bar, the fridges and the coffee maker all while still being attentive to any guests.
The gardeners always gave my wife a a flowers when they seen her which made her day.They also wanted to take me fishing on there time off, they had families to go to. Thanks to Ivan and all the guys.

The pool staff were the icing on the cake. Osmany and Orestes aka (Mario Lemiuex) his brother from another mother lol, never stopped all day long. If you wanted food they where there, if you wanted drinks omg nevermind if you were half way done they would pour you a new one. These guys took care of you like I have never seen in Cuba before. Osmany kept me laugh the whole time I was at the pool bar.You guys are the best!!!! I have never meet a kinder man than Navilay the entertainer. He was always there for us and always had a second too chat with us when he wasnt so busy. Navy thanks for taking the medicine we brought to town for us.(we brought a suitcase full of medicine and medical supplies from Not Just Tourists) The reception staff also were amazing helping us with transportaion issues for our excursions.Not there job. Thanks again to Yaniry and Yenelys for all your trouble. We appreciate it a lot.

In closing a resort like this cannot function with without a good leader. I have been a contractor for many years and I know your employees reflect how you run your business. I did not have the opportunity to meet Ernesto personally but he has great employees and a great hotel. My wife did speak to him one evening and he was ensuring that our vacation was going well. We have never felt as rested and rejuevinated from a vacation as we did this time. All the staff made returning to the cold easier.

Thank you to everybody at the Melia Buenavista.(Wish we were still there)

David and Stacey Parker.

14 Thank dale88Ontario
Ernesto O, Manager at Melia Buenavista, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Valued guest,

Muchas gracias for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at Melia Buenavista. Reading about wonderful experiences such as yours inspires us to continue providing first class facilities and warmth service.

It seems that you enjoyed our rooms. I would say that we have the best rooms in Cuba.

I am also very pleased to read your comments about our staff. Comments like yours encourage our staff to be better. They are really awesome!

Also I want to thank you for the suitcase full of medicines. I want to let you know that the medicine were donated to the Children´s Hospital in Santa Clara.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ernesto Osuna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
St. John's, NL
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just returned from 7 days at the Melia Buenavista and I am already trying to figure out when I can return. I traveled solo....last minute for a week of some R and R. Mission accomplished. I feel like I added 10 years back on my life. The resort is small in scale - a bonus in my opinion. Easy to get around and can be from Point A to Point B in a matter of minutes. Beaches were great - the online pics do not give them any justice. Food was A+. Rooms/suites were awesome and the grounds were well looked after. I upgraded to a premium oceanview room. Worth the extra. However, from what I could tell whether ocean, pool or grounds view - all were equally nice. What impressed me the most here was the attention to service and making you feel right at home. Ernesto, the manager, dropped by my dinner table the first night to check in on me and we had several conversations during the week. Nice to see such a visible hands on approach. The staff were all great - especially Gerardo, Chacon, Noe and Yanny. The piano/lobby bar is the only place for an evening drink. Tonnes of live music - breakfast, lunch, dinner at at the piano bar. If you want a place to party do not come here. If you want a place to rejuvenate your soul and mind this is the place. Like I said...I am already trying to figure out when I can return.

Norbert Lake
St. John's, NL, Canada

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
12 Thank NLNL
Ernesto O, Manager at Melia Buenavista, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Norbert,

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We cannot thank you enough for your comments about our food and for choosing to stay with us and hope that you will come back soon.

Please let me know in advance. Yo can contact me directly in my email address: director.residente.mbv@meliacuba.com

Warm Regards

Magog
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and came to Melia Buenavista after reading all the great reviews. It more than lived up to our expectations. We arrived at the tail end of Sandy, and the waves and winds were intense. The staff was so kind and attentive and we always felt very comfortable.
Yandry brought our luggage to our room almost immediately telling us we could find him in the lobby if there was anything we needed. Our butler, Joel brought us to the room and told us he would be available if there was anything at all we needed. He was amazing, as was our other butler, Alien. On Joel's day off he went and bought us a clock in his town. We had mentioned there was no clock in the room and we did not want to be late for our dinner reservations. He was so reluctant to take money for it, we had to insist.

We were up very early on the first morning and went to the lobby bar where Noe and Jemma served us amazing cappuccino and chatted cheerfully with us, even though they were at the end of a night shift. We were completely charmed by all the staff here I feel I must mention as many as I can remember. There was Yaiset and Navy by the pool where we played volleyball and did the aquafit. The pool bar with Orestes and Osmany who work with amazing speed, serving drinks and getting food for guests. We never waited more than a few seconds, and they know what you like within a few hours and will come to find you if you don't come to the bar.

We could not swim in the ocean until the second last day, but the beach and water were still breathtaking. There is always someone to set up a beach chair and get you drinks. Often it was the lifeguard Reynald. He took us snorkelling on the last day and literally held my hand the whole time, pointing out lobster or schools of fish. Afterwards he showed me many of the fish I saw with a colour card and the pictures and names of the fish.

Ernesto the manager is always around and is very available to everyone. We told him we had no complaints and were so impressed by the staff. The only thing we did complain about was taken care of quickly. There were tiny ants in the bathroom, but the maid came and sprayed around the edges of the walls and there were almost none after that. It really is not even a complaint as we get ants in the summer here and it is the same solution. They were not biting or in our luggage, just around the bath.

The food was very good. We have been to Cuba before and always had a hard time with the food. But we found it to be consistently good, often very good and there was always something we liked.
I love the a la carte concept as I am very nervous of bacteria in buffet style. So it suited me perfectly. I did not have any stomach problems during or after our stay. The music was excellent. Live bands, some really talented. I absolutely loved Cuban night and did not want to leave the dining room I enjoyed the band so much. Joel was always around at supper checking that everything was to our liking and as we were leaving supper we asked him if the band had a cd and he ran in and got us one for 12 pesos. I was so happy to have this memory to bring back with us.

Armando the groundskeeper was also very sweet. Always cheerful and made the time to ask us if we were enjoying ourselves or needed anything. I have never stayed anywhere with such genuine and attentive staff. Than you all, and thank you Ernesto. You have created a wonderful retreat and obviously have surrounded your guests with a superb team.

As for tipping, well we tipped everywhere we possibly could with much pleasure. No one seems to expect it or take it for granted.
We highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet vacation with fabulous service in a beautiful place.

10 Thank EvaMagog
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Melia Buenavista Team, we want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us, and especially about our staff.

It is very satisfactory to know you enjoyed the service of our staff. I`m glad you liked it. Comments like yours encourage our staff to be better.

We are also pleased to know that our associates, whom we are very proud of, were always helpful with your requests.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is with mixed minds that we do this review. Our hopes were high for this resort after researching extensively and studying the many reviews of the Melia Buenavista. To say that we were generally disappointed would be an understatement.

Our stay started off on the wrong foot (we were the people referred to in another review who were left standing outside in the pitch dark and rain at 10:30pm for 15 or 20 minutes while a Butler took others to their room and gave them the room tour).

Granted, Hurricane Sandy certainly put a “damper” on a goodly part of our 14 day stay. While the weather is not the fault of the resort, we picked the Buenavista for the quiet, the beach and the snorkelling, and were only able to snorkel during the last two days, and even then, the water was still murky. But if you take away those activities of the resort, the only thing to look forward to each day would have been the food. Unfortunately, we can’t say that we looked forward to that, either. At times it was just downright nasty. The best meals that we had during the entire 2 weeks were the one at another resort down the beach and the one on the flight home. We had shrimps that we fear were rotten, courses that were entirely forgotten or served in the wrong order. Rice pudding for dessert at a 5 star resort? Chicken thigh for dinner served at a 5 star resort? Shouldn’t “Lobster Salad” have some lobster in it instead of just octopus and mussels? The pool grill chef seen blowing on the cooking food in order to get more heat from the charcoal? One main course dish was so inedible that we could not eat more than two bites and it just taken away unceremoniously without a comment or question from the waiter other than “You want dessert?”. Does that sound 5 star? While the breakfast buffet was OK, it sure got tiresome after 14 days to find the same foods over and over again. Some slight variation would have been welcomed.

One can say “Remember, this is Cuba”…..BUT….should a resort that presents itself as a cut above others not be without soap in the men’s lobby washroom for days on end, or without toilet paper in the women’s for 3 visits in a row? Or unlighted walk ways at an entire side of the resort for more than a week? Good thing we brought a flashlight with us. We heard about the towel issue before we left home, but the room maid should not take away old towels and leave you with nothing if the supply is a problem.

We have been to a resort with “Butlers/Concierges” in Cuba before and really don’t like the system. We would rather just make our own dinner reservations directly rather than finding our Butler early in the day and having to decide then where and when you want to eat….and then spend the rest of the day wondering if your reservation has been made and for what time. Many days we would not find out those details until 6pm. Annoying to say the least. We don’t need them for anything else. Nice people, but unnecessary for the most part, although they did solve some problems for us during our stay.

Are we picky people? Absolutely not. Are we demanding customers? Absolutely not. Were we disappointed? Absolutely! Could we continue to list negative things? Absolutely, but we won’t.

What we will say though is that one very redeeming factor is the staff of the resort. Very friendly, and most appear to want to do the right thing. While we try to avoid naming names, the very outstanding services from Orestes and his other pool bar service partners needs to be mentioned. The gum man very much appreciated their smiles and hard work.

The property is beautiful and the gardens are well taken care of. While the beaches have been somewhat “reorganized” by the hurricane, this could be an outstanding resort but there certainly are issues that need some attention. It would be difficult for us to suggest that we would return and we are very sorry to have to say that. Our expectations were certainly not met during our 14 day stay.

17 Thank SpitfireLC
Dear Valued guest,

I am sorry to read your comment and finding out that your stay with us was damaged by hurricane Sandy and the fact that we were not able to meet your dining expectations; however, we can assure you that we will be taking every measure possible to address the issues you mentioned in your review in order to maintain the high standards of service we strive to provide all of our guests.

We will review the situation internally with the hotel’s leadership team and take the corrective measures where appropriate to avoid the situation to repeat itself.

Please do not hesitate to contact my office to in advance to your next visit to the Melia Buenavista in order to make your stay a more memorable one.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I a coming back from a trip of 2 weeks at MBV. It was as fantastic as we expected it! We loved it.

The check-in when you first arrive is magical. The lobby is splendid and the second you sit on your chair someone bring you a refreshing glass of champagne. How charming.

The rooms are perfect. I mean PERFECT!. The exterior shower, the big soaking tub are well tought for couples. We had an ocean room view and I must say it's well well worth the extra. There is a day bed on every balcony, watching the ocean, sipping a beer, on that day bed with no one but your loved one is paradise.

We received a very good service. From everyone at the resort. And I know the service and the smiles were genuine. During our trip to Cuba, we spent 5 days at Havana, and altough people were nice in Havana, when we got back we realized how much we missed the crew at MBV. The bar tenders, the waiters, the gardner everyone was very sweet, and treat you like your friends.

The food was good. The breakfast were very generous and you can always find something that you like. Same for lunch, if you go to the Rancheron - where there is a buffet- you will find everything from proscuitto, to grilled shrimps to pasta. In a country under embargo it's pretty amazing. At lunch, there is also a BBQ beside the pool. The food is great and it's pretty laid back. It's a good place to meet other couples. Room service is also available. 24/7 you can order coffee, drinks and complete meals (rabbit, chicken, etc) it will be deliver to your room in nice china. We used this service a lot. It's the same food than the one served at the restaurant Los navigantes. But you can eat alone, watching the Ocean.

The resort itself is very pretty. There are 3 beach, all very nice, the pool are pretty too. The gradens are luxurious .Everything is sparkling clean. And because it is so small, you feel like you are in a luxury boutique hotel. There is no bracelet, you dont feel that you are in a big anonymous resort..

Nothing is perfect in life, so to be partial, here is somethings we did not enjoy as much. I know it is a relaxing spot for couples. It is very quiet and pretty. Exactly what you want when you are in your cold city dreaming about your vacations. The truth is that after 4 days, it tend to be a little bit boring.... I think it would be nice to have a couple of activities organized. Maybe games in the afternoon. I am not sure what it could be but I know we would have taken part to it.

Also, I am not sure why but it's very hard to get snorkelling equipement. It's never available. I believe there is only 5 set for the whole resort... So if you like snorkellling, bring your own gear.

Mosquitos... There is a lot at night and they bite. Bring mosquito repellent.

This last point as nothing to do with MBV but more with Cayo Santa Maria. It is very, very remote. We were hoping there would be better means of transportation to get on the mainland. There is a lot of excursion but travelling in a group, is not the better way to have genuine contact with the locals; it's not our thing. Cuba is such an interesting country, we wish we could have seen more of it. We did hire a cab for the day (85CUC) who took us to Remedios. It is a MUST to spend some time in that city. Walking around, taking a coffee at the place, it was very nice. But if you want to leave the Cayo, you need to hire a cab, and you wont go anywhere under 85CUC - 185 CUC if you go to Havana.

Overall we had a wonderful vacations. I want to finish by thanking all the staff of the MBV who treated us like friends. Their smiles, their kindness, we really appreciated it. And a special thanks to Alien our butler. Not only did he made our stay fantastic but he made us love Cuba and the Cubans. He is a very special young men. I wish you get to meet him.

I highly recommend the Melia Buenavista.

Room Tip: The Ocean view room are very worth it. We had room 2022. The view you get is on the Ocean, but now o...
5 Thank mlbp013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Melia Buenavista Team, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share such gracious comments about your stay with us, and especially about our staff.

Alien and all our team will be very glad to know that their effort and genuine care for our guests is recognized.

It is a great pleasure to read that you also had the time to visit the town of Remedios and get to know a little bit more of Cuba.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with others, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Melia Buenavista soon, for a romantic getaway.

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I left Melia Buenavista with the impression that, while we had a decent experience, we were certainly in no rush to return. The aftermath, once we had returned home, guaranteed that we will NOT be returning, period. Please read my review in its entirity and you can decide whether or not it is a fair assessment.

The Good: The beaches - I've never stepped foot in sand so beautiful, it's like powdered sugar, but it's my understanding that the beaches are this way throughout Cuba. The water is also spectacular and crystal clear. Another huge highlight for us was the live musicians at breakfast, dinner, and in the bar (some were better than others). There was one band which was especially good, and probably one of the highlights of our trip. It was great to be able to experience a bit of the Cuban culture this way. In regards to the service at this particular resort, the butlers and receptionists are friendly, but it's the gardeners who are the nicest and most welcoming employees at the resort. This came as a surprise seeing as how the gardeners are the only employees not working for your gratuities. Which brings me to...

The Bad: First let me state that neither my girlfriend or I would ever be labelled as "cheap". The tip you receive will depend on the service you provide, and I think it's safe to assume that's the norm in our society. If the service is good, there's a good tip in it for you. If it's bad, your tip will be bad. In Cuba, or at least at Melia Buenavista, if you do not tip, you will not get any service. Tip for the first round of drinks but not the second round, good luck getting a bartender or waiter/waitress to provide you with your third round of drinks. It's not that you're tipping an employee for the good service he/she has provided, it's that you're tipping so that you're not being ignored. Considering the Cuban convertible peso is currently worth more than the Canadian dollar, you can see how this might be upsetting if you aren't prepared for this apparent cultural difference. Although we had done our research before going, we didn't realize that tipping is an expectation here, so go prepared. We had heard that the food in Cuba is generally quite bland, so our expectations weren't high going in, even if this is a "five star resort". Upon leaving Melia Buenavista, we feel that "bland" would have been a nice way of putting it; however, the food did meet our expectations. All I can say to you is, if you choose to ignore the following UGLY portion of my review, you should stick to the pool side BBQ as it provided the best food by far. But again, have your pesos ready ;)

The UGLY: You go on holiday as a retreat from the stresses of your everyday life. Ideally you'd return home to reality, a weight lifted from your shoulders, BUT... not this time! Instead you wake up itching and covered in what appears to be mosquito bites, and I mean COVERED. Could it be bed bugs? No, that would never happen to me, and you were staying at a five star resort. WRONG! How would you like to return home from your holiday and have to tear your house apart? You are required to put every fabric in your house (your clothes, your bed sheets, your curtains, everything!) in a hot washer and hot dryer for half an hour, anything that needs to be drycleaned needs to go to the drycleaner (do you have any idea how much costs to debug your clothing? Also, good luck finding a drycleaner who will accept your "toxic" garments), anything else needs to be thoroughly inspected and taken out of the house and either stored or outright thrown away (this includes dvd cases, every sheet of paper in your filing cabinet, etc., because that's where they like to lay their eggs). Heavy furniture needs to be pulled away from the walls, and light fixture coverings need to be removed. Once you're done prepping, the exterminator will go through your house and spray chemical over all of the baseboards, your shelving, your bed frame. You'll have to buy bed bug certified mattress bags that you'll essentially have to leave on your mattress permanently unless you're absolutely sure the bed bugs cease to exist. Did you know bed bugs can live in a mattress without food (your blood) for up to 18 months!? You can't clean up this mess and the chemical that has left a white residue all over your house until the exterminator has cleared you (hopefully!) to do so after at least two weeks, then you can put your house back together and get on with your life. All said and done it will have cost me over one thousand dollars to have dealt with these pests, and that's without counting the clothes and countless over valuables we've ruined in the process. Nevermind also the incredible stress that the process adds to your relationship, work life, and social life.

The bites we had received whilst at the resort were partially from bed bugs all along. The valuable lesson we learned is that upon returning home from any hotel, wash everything that you took with you and leave your luggage in the garage if possible. To make this nightmare even more frustrating, the response received from the hotel was along the lines of "if you only would have brought this to our attention, we would have moved you into a villa and given you spa certificates!!" Great, so had we learnt that we had bed bugs while at your resort, you would then allowed us to have have them to your VIP suite, if they aren't already running ragged in there already. I just hope that they have at least taken the appropriate measures to fumigate the rooms to prevent this from happening to others. I wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy. We stayed in room #1211, but this doesn't mean that they are only contained to this room. One more note that I would make is how important it is to educate yourself on bed bugs, regardless of where you travel. Just because you show no bites does not mean that you haven't come in contact with them. My girlfriend is allergic to them, which is why she showed bites and I'm not allergic to them therefore I did not show bites.

On that final note, and as it's been mentioned by other reviews, the Melia Buenavista markets itself as a five star resort that will cater to your needs and leave you relaxed and refreshed. In reality, the only part of five star that it lives up to is the price. The service was very far from five star. That's not to say that the employees are not good, the level of service just does not meet one's expectations.

Room Tip: Request a bed bug nightmare free room.
23 Thank MarkS87
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing such a detailed review of your recent visit to our resort. We were truly disappointed to learn that your experience was less than favorable. Rest assured that all your comments have been shared with our team and that measures will be taken to refresh all colleagues on our standards of service.

Concerning your comments about the bed bugs there a little insect which are called jejens or "no see hums" as other people called them in their reviews. Their bite is very small, very itchy and similar to the bed bug bite. After I have received your review personally I was sleeping in the room 1211 and I was perfectly fine. Also a Fumigation company has verified that the room is free from Beds Bugs.

I apologize again for the stress and the inconveniences experienced during your stay

Hotel Manager
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a fantastic time for a week, first week in April 2012, enjoyed all the beaches, snorkled, drank, food was good, the rooms are fantastic, views are clear, blue, sunny, hot, staff are interactive and are the best people.
Sand is hot, and that being said, so was\is my wife, the people from Canada we met and the Croatia Girls. It, I think was the greatest time we have had. Thanks to all the staff!!! and the friends we made from Canada....Brad, Kelly, Mark, Keiza, and of course Croatia's best ...Darka, Francoise, Masa, and Nadja. We will meet again. GO WORLD !!!!!

Room Tip: Room facing the sunset beach was beautiful every night, and the music on the beach was attractive an...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HortonCoc
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the very kind feedback and for staying with us at Melia Buenavista. I am very proud of the outstanding team I have working for us and so glad we all exceeded your expectations.
It´s great that you had such a good time with other guest.
We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to your new home in Cuba, so we can once again create great memories for you.

Warm Regards

Royalton Hicacos Varadero Resort & Spa
Valentin Perla Blanca
Valentin Perla Blanca
#9 of 15 in Cayo Santa Maria

Been to Melia Buenavista? Share your experiences!