“Okay, but pricey”
Review of Mama Z's - CLOSED

Mama Z's
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stopped in for lunch on our way through Dease Lake. It took a while to be served. We had the lasagna special which was very tasty, but the bill was shockingly high for two lasagna and two beer, $58.12. Not that there is a whole lot of choice in eateries here!

2  Thank GeminiDream

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

For 30$ cdn I received a dirty table a sandwhich w/fries orange juice and childs choc. milk. Clearly the deepfryer wasnt on
Since my fries were uncooked and sopping with grease. My soggy roast beef sandwhich was just microwaved lunch meat horse radish and a piece of lettuce. The walls are disgusting and ceiling. The unwashed waitress claimed being understaffed was the reason for these things but its the fact no one cares to be there. Dont eat the food. Wait till you can order from the pub.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was there on business, and I had the Boulder Burger. It was really good...just something about the patty. There's just something unique about the spices in it. Really fresh. Can't get something like that in the city. =)

There's a $40 lasagna special...not sure what that's about though...

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We called ahead to ask if they would bake a cake for our teenager's birthday. The owner said yes, and we relaxed knowing that there would be a birthday cake on this trip. The restaurant was a charming house. The owner a delightful woman (Mama Z) who shook hands and came to the table frequently to check on us. The dinner was good. But the cake...OH MY. It was a gourmet chocolate cake with the exact right amount of candles, and a huge balloon banner - her staff had blown up the balloons and tied them to the ceiling. Mama Z made our kid's birthday special, even on a grueling move to Alaska. Breakfast the next day was also good. This place offers a charming and relaxed place to eat, and friendliness for the road-weary traveller.

2  Thank K M
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We go through Dease Lake often and eat here frequently. Zora (the owner) is a lovely Greek woman. I asked for chicken souvlaki with rice and greek salad ( not on the menu) and they made it up. soooo delicious!

The portions here are large. So you can probably share.

Enjoyed eating here.

Oh a note for Dease Lake... often the internet is down and then you can't use a credit/debit card so I always make sure I have cash on me. This was the case when I was there just a few weeks ago. Thankful to have good ole dollars to pay for the tasty meal.