“Great patio”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Lovely Restaurant, Excellent Food, Great Ambiance
Description: Lovely Restaurant, Excellent Food, Great Ambiance
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The old charming patio is really beautiful, food is good, the tacos albanil, are very simple but delicious.

Service could be very slow on Sunday, but the setting could make it worth.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Los girasoles is a very nice place, with calm live music and great mexican food. I would definetely recomend if visiting Tapalpa.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

After a hard day's hike in the heat to El Salto del Nogal (waterfall) with a tour guide from Colores Tapalpa (http://www.colorestapalpa.mx) my daughter and I wanted a special meal in a relaxed environment. We chose "Los Girasoles" and were not disappointed.

From the moment we walked in, we felt calm and cool with the low lighting and water feature. For appetizers, we selected a spinach mushroom salad and tortilla soup. The salad was a pleasant surprise; it was warm and the flavours were amazing!

Main course was trout and chicken. Both meals were ones to be savoured. A candle was added to our table and as the natural light faded, we enjoyed the ambience of a special dining experience.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

don't know about my fellow travelers but I do not like having to write a really bad review, but.....
According to Trip advisor this is the best restaurant in Tapalpa, so we went. We asked for a marguerite on the rocks, back came crushed ice etc.
the waiter then took our order, he wrote my wife's order then disappeared, so we asked him to come back and take mine. He told me the steak and salad I wanted was not available, but the steak mexicana, or steak a la plancha was available. I ordered the steak mexicana , medium which he wrote down and left.
my wife's chicken was served, and it was a thin piece of chicken over cooked and stringy, and ten minutes went by and we asked the waiter what happened to my steak. he came back and said steak mexicana was not available, but steak asada was...? so we left.
they apologized, but too late.
The decor is great , but if i ever return I would order something they cannot mess up, maybe a bottle of beer.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went here to eat on a Friday around 8:00 and we were one of two tables eating here. They have a wine list but many of the bottles they did not have. They were out if the trout. Started with the tortilla soup and it was fair. Ended up with chili rellenos and enchiladas for our main dishes. They were ok but nothing to go back for. My other issue was that our main dishes did not come out together. I was almost done when our other dish came out.

Something must have changed based on the other good reviews. I would go somewhere else.